Player Discussion Colin Blackwell

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Hes been a tremendous bang for your buck find.

He'll have the odd abhorrent dud of a game like he did today but his play has been overwhelmingly positive. The Rangers won't do it, but I'd protect him over Howden. He's better than Brett in every facet and even provides more 4th line-y things if thats where he ends up playing over the long haul.

One thing for sure we're not going to sit and wait another 3-5 years for the potential breakthrough from Howden.

and 99 others

la la la la la la la... a little bit alexis
Jul 27, 2011
I know he's essentially an expendable middle-to-bottom 6 winger but he went on the Spittin Chiclets podcast and talked about his journey to the NHL. This guy has been overlooked and doubted his entire career. Hearing his story about grinding his way through the AHL after coming back from multiple concussions at Harvard that nearly ended his career - you can't help but root for this guy.

Interview starts at 1:18:25

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
So right now Blackwell, Howden or Rooney is likely the Seattle pick at this time ?
If they get a other D prior too would they take Hajek?

I assume Gauthier will be protected but maybe not

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
So right now Blackwell, Howden or Rooney is likely the Seattle pick at this time ?
If they get a other D prior too would they take Hajek?

I assume Gauthier will be protected but maybe not
It remains to be seen what they do, but if I were the Rangers, I'm protecting Gauthier over any of Blackwell, Howden, and Rooney. As of now, Hajek will be protected simply because we don't have another dman available that requires protection outside of DeAngelo, who I'm expecting to be bought out. In that case, our expansion protection list would look like this:

F: Panarin, Mika, Chytil, Kreider, Buchnevich, Strome, Gauthier

D: Trouba, Lindgren, Hajek

G: Georgiev

If I'm SEA, I'd probably opt for Blackwell as someone who can fit into a top-9 role for us on a cheap deal. If we don't protect Gauthier, I'd expect him to be SEA's choice since he was CAR's first round pick when Ron Francis was their GM.

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
Fool's errand projecting with any confidence who Seattle will pick. They could go for a young guy like Gettinger or Ronning.
Vegas cast a wide net.
And who expected Oscar chosen over Jesper.

Me, i still stand by my widely discredited suggestion, expose Strome, protect Gauth and Blackie.
Not dissing Strome, he has surpassed expectations and given NYR 3 valuable seasons

i just like Gauth getting a shot w new coach and Blackie is very useful, improving guy.

No certainty Strome picked, and if so, they can replace, maybe w Fil and target 3C w internal or imports.
With new coach and GM roster-roullete is expected.

Go on, trot out the lost 'for nothing' trope and call me a moron or fake fan.
But whoever team loses, its only one guy...

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Fool's errand projecting with any confidence who Seattle will pick. They could go for a young guy like Gettinger or Ronning.
Vegas cast a wide net.
And who expected Oscar chosen over Jesper.

Me, i still stand by my widely discredited suggestion, expose Strome, protect Gauth and Blackie.
Not dissing Strome, he has surpassed expectations and given NYR 3 valuable seasons

i just like Gauth getting a shot w new coach and Blackie is very useful, improving guy.

No certainty Strome picked, and if so, they can replace, maybe w Fil and target 3C w internal or imports.
With new coach and GM roster-roullete is expected.

Go on, trot out the lost 'for nothing' trope and call me a moron or fake fan.
But whoever team loses, its only one guy...
Fast just had surgery to repair a torn labrum in his hip two weeks before the expansion draft took place that I think had a 5-6 month timetable for recovery.

Exposing Strome is an interesting idea, although I don't see the Rangers doing it, and since you weirdly asked for it, you're a moron and a fake fan :sarcasm:

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
I’m team “make a trade to upgrade the last protection slots for forward and defense”. If the team wastes a protection slot on Colin Blackwell I’d be extremely disappointed.

He had a nice year, but he should not be considered protection worthy by any means.

Reactions: LokiDog

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
I’m team “make a trade to upgrade the last protection slots for forward and defense”. If the team wastes a protection slot on Colin Blackwell I’d be extremely disappointed.

He had a nice year, but he should not be considered protection worthy by any means.

Doubly so for Hajek. There’s gotta be a buy low 5/6 style Dman who is getting pinched somewhere and provides a little stability for the kids if they aren’t ready or need games off.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->