Player Discussion Colin Blackwell

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Pouliot was considered a bust in the sense he hadn't lived up to his draft position and the perception of his talent level. He was a disappointment everywhere he played until he came to the Rangers and had different expectations.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
... and yet he had a million chances and scored yet again, this time finally getting our golden boy a cheap point.

This is the most infuriating success story of all time.

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
Who woulda thought the 2015-2016 Harvard forward making an impact with the rangers would be this man

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
When this team is at full strength is may be a good idea to throw him with Panarin and Strome with Laf-Chytil-Kakko as one line and letting KZB try to figure it out.

Don't like how K and B keep alternating periods of being terrible with Z more or less being a constant there, but might as well load up the suck on one line and hope that the other 3 can carry the team until they figure it out.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Dude sucks at passing but his shot is pretty good. Thank god it was him who got that chance in the 3rd, he’s the only guy on the team who would skate in and shoot every one else would hold the puck too long and try for a pass or a tip play. Saved us from getting shutout

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
When this team is at full strength is may be a good idea to throw him with Panarin and Strome with Laf-Chytil-Kakko as one line and letting KZB try to figure it out.

Don't like how K and B keep alternating periods of being terrible with Z more or less being a constant there, but might as well load up the suck on one line and hope that the other 3 can carry the team until they figure it out.
I think I like him opposite of Lafreniere, but he is also the perfect fit with Panarin-Strome. KZB is going to suck because Zibanejad is a husk of a man. Not sure where I would go with the lines when healthy but I'm leaning towards Panarin-Chytil-Kakko, Laf-Strome-Blackwell.

PANARIN BREAD FAN

Feb 18, 2019
i will keep saying it until everyone else starts seeing it. Blackwell is our marchessault

rust and march are top notch finishers. the first man to land on mars or jupiter will happen before blackwell ever reaches that level. it would be great if i am proven wrong.

i'd be more than content if blackwell becomes our tyler motte or gourde. at best he somehow peaks at the level of a prime matthew perreault.

LetsGoRangers2021

Jan 25, 2021
Great for Colin and great for us Rangers Fans!

I think he has shown to be a great 3rd or 4th liner. Something that hasn't been mentioned yet: His ability to move up and down in the lineup makes him a perfect 4th liner. He reminds me of Fast in that sense - maybe not the same defensive acumen, but he has much softer hands and shows he can score on the PP or 5v5. He doesn't seem to have many defensive lapses either. He has been a compliment to whatever linemates he has had. LGR!

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Great for Colin and great for us Rangers Fans!

I think he has shown to be a great 3rd or 4th liner. Something that hasn't been mentioned yet: His ability to move up and down in the lineup makes him a perfect 4th liner. He reminds me of Fast in that sense - maybe not the same defensive acumen, but he has much softer hands and shows he can score on the PP or 5v5. He doesn't seem to have many defensive lapses either. He has been a compliment to whatever linemates he has had. LGR!
Not nearly as good as Fast defensively, but Fast never showed this level of offensive play. Blackwell's shot seem to find its way through players. He also seems to play with more attitude than Fast did.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->