Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: Sid walks into Montreal and stone cold stuns them all

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Sid/Jake were awesome. McCann looks like he can play wing with skilled pivots, which is a nice add.

Murray was a stud, but should have been traded a long time ago.

Kessel blows

Pens are essentially a one line team right now, with random Geno outbursts.

Which is why I'm afraid JR's decision NOT to address the L2 winger issue at the deadline will bite the Pens in the ass (hopefully once they're in the playoffs).

BTW, the bloom coming off the ZAR rose is hurting Geno a lot. For everything he was doing right to help a week ago, he's doing the opposite now.

Reactions: Shady Machine

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
-GREG MCKEGG and the Carolina Hurricanes

Ain’t catching them. Just ain’t.

Crosshairs stictly on CBJ/Montreal.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Excellent efforts for the loveable losers on D and in goal tonight.

Alot of the F's need to get their acts together and/or well Sully needs to figure out his 2nd thru 4th lines. They are putrid atm.

I'd start with putting Phil back with Bjugs + a ZAR demotion.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
That is the most nerve-wracking 5-1 game I've experienced I think. We can't get Dumo and Letang back fast enough. I hate hate hate the collapse to the net defensive strategy and I hate when we just jam the puck up the boards all night, but I guess we just don't have the horses at the moment. I hope this strategy dies immediately when we get back one of the better guys. We're fortunate that the Habs have barely any offensive weapons. We play that way against the Lightning and they score 8 goals.

Still, +++ for Sid, Jake, Murray.

I like the idea of McCann as a top 6 winger a lot. He might be more useful as Malkin's winger though.

Johnson is just a nightmare for me at the moment. He makes so many unnecessarily bad plays down low.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
This is the first time I watched Gudbranson play as a Pens. Gotta say pretty uninspired. Just not much to expect.

Uninspired? You mean in a good way, right?

6 periods in and he has been a freaking rock. He makes smart plays and boxes out really well. I think he reminds me more of Hainsey than Daley, but he's quiet back there and i'll f***ing take quiet.

He and JJ have been nothing short of incredible the last 3 games. (2 for Gudbranson)

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Gudbranson did have a really solid game, although he did make a couple of bonehead plays by being too aggressive. I'd rather him play aggressive than passive though, so I don't have much of a reason to complain. I thought JJ had a meh game (way better than the badness that he was earlier in the year), but it seems like other people disagree.

ZAR was atrocious out there and Kessel wasn't much better. I also though Cullen and Wilson were bad.

I think hes glad to be out of Vancouver so he's going to start stepping up more as he gets acclimated

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Btw do we really need to play Cullen every game? How about getting him some rest before the playoffs(if we get in)? I'd much rather see him get some time off here and there and be more fresh come playoff time.

He looked really tired tonight. Really tired. The 4th had a good 3rd period but for 5/6 periods in the last 2 games, they've been beat up.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Which is why I'm afraid JR's decision NOT to address the L2 winger issue at the deadline will bite the Pens in the ass (hopefully once they're in the playoffs).

BTW, the bloom coming off the ZAR rose is hurting Geno a lot. For everything he was doing right to help a week ago, he's doing the opposite now.

I think Kessel is the bigger issue right now on that line, but don't disagree about ZAR. He's a short fix until he proves otherwise. Time to cycle someone new up there. McCann or Blueger I guess.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
No, because without Bjugs they still would be trying to square peg him into the round 3C hole (no pun intended to @IcedCapp)

Alas, after a few good ones, ZAR is looking like just crap.

#NotDiamondInTheCrap

is ZAR the issue? or is it Phil "He Definitely Makes Malkin Better!" Kessel the ... issue?

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
@Jaded-Fan when the percentages come out, let me know what it moved to after all the results tonight. The color graphs don't do me well because i'm colorblind. :laugh:

They are fairly meaningless right now other than a fun exercise and jump up and down by so much game to game.

But the link above tells you if you do the math. 64 + 10. I am not sure what that adds up to but that is the percentage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad