Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: Polamalu leads the Pens to their 8th straight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
I really really hate all those wrestling gifs.

Realy hate.

iu

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
A anti-French bias. Never forget that one. That's also the only reason why people in English Canada rank Mario behind Howe (which is ridiculous) and Orr (which is a nice conversation with arguments on both sides). Letang would have to absolutely destroy the league to get the English-Canadian media to recognize him. Won't happen, especially not with two Canadian guys playing on Canadian teams in the race.

I will settle for a Letang Conn Smythe as a consolation prize.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Sully interview really praising the 4th line over the last couple weeks and likes the direction where Geno’s line is heading. Huge praise for Murray too, obviously.

He is really pleased with the teams puck support and we are playing faster and working really hard. “Nothing’s faster than a moving puck”
Cullen with praise for Simon too.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Cullen in a media scrum talking about the team on various issues.

Said, "we weren't really happy with our last game. Yeah we won, but we realize you aren't always going to get those breaks." Wow. That says a lot about the team. (although no surprise, veteran team with great leadership). They win 7-2. ,and realize they need to clean some things up.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
A anti-French bias. Never forget that one. That's also the only reason why people in English Canada rank Mario behind Howe (which is ridiculous) and Orr (which is a nice conversation with arguments on both sides). Letang would have to absolutely destroy the league to get the English-Canadian media to recognize him. Won't happen, especially not with two Canadian guys playing on Canadian teams in the race.
ABSOLUTELY.

Madden has been talking about that since Mario retired.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Cullen in a media scrum talking about the team on various issues.

Said, "we weren't really happy with our last game. Yeah we won, but we realize you aren't always going to get those breaks." Wow. That says a lot about the team. (although no surprise, veteran team with great leadership). They win 7-2. ,and realize they need to clean some things up.
Hint, if you gloat and walk around all hoity toity after clobbering a middling team you will most likely lose your next game. Expecting it to come easy is disaster.

Reactions: EightyOne

EliteGoaltending

Jan 7, 2016
matt made this looked easy, a few great saves, but more positioning and just solid goaltending...
defense was good, Jets packed tons shots but most into bodies and from the points, not much there.

Nice support by our centers, don't remember on 3 on 2 or 2 on 1

Letang is just awesome, Maatta solid, also Pet and JJ very solid...

I did not like Sid's line play second game in a row, don't take me wrong Sid was still creating, but they were very often behind the puck, also did Rust get back into obscurity again???

A few posters complaining about Geno tonight was hilarious, the guy was solid, you can tell confidence is back, going forward, everything, if he only could learn back how to stay on the skates...

third line wasn't bad but only four shots on goal (four attempted) just not good enough from our third line

fourth line was good, ZAR and Matt carrying the play..sheahan, man he just sometimes looks so meh....

all in all a very good win...
I missed the first period, but aside from rush opportunities Sid and Rust had, I thought 1st line was loosing momentum on most of their shifts.

2nd line created quite a bit. If Malkin-Simon had a creative winger with well-rounded game ala Guentzel playing with them and good Schultz in place of Johnson, that unit would be tough to stop.

3rd line looked pretty unimpressive. You need a fast forechecker opposite Kessel, Pearson ain't that. And Brassard is basically looking lost out there.

Agreed about 4th line and Sheahan.

Last edited:

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
IMHO, that's the reason. Orr is arguable, but Howe? Nah.

I have my own bias (double bias in Mario's case), but still.

Happens with Rocket Richard.

Roy doesn't suffer from it.

Ironically, you know who ADORES Letang? Don Cherry.

Clare... Dummy.

I know, I know, you can't keep up with the list.... But you just made the list!

Reactions: EightyOne

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
may-be those two split the anti-tanger vote...…..and tanger wins. :)

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Murray playing like this is enough to get my hopes up that reality can be altered in a Pens vs Hawks game.
I think Desmith will get the start. But yeah MM is playing with a lot of poise and tons of confidence. His positioning and economy of motion is at an optimal level. Textbook!

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Unless Letang absolutely dominates, it'll likely go to Sid if we win. Him getting a 3rd one, which only Roy ever did, is too strong a narrative.

It took Geno an historical run that only Wayne and Mario surpassed to get it over Sid.

I know. But give me my dreams. This is the year of Tanger. Sid can get one next year.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
We we had about 45 minutes on top of The Metro....lol

Thanks for nothing Dallas...Caps get at least a point and they have more wins than the Pens....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad