Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: Polamalu leads the Pens to their 8th straight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
The streak will end against Chicago. :laugh: That damn team just has our number. Even though every game i've watched of theirs this season looks like ****.

Hawks can somehow lose to Arizona & Ottawa and still beat the penguins on the same week. Its just crazy how one team has the pens number like that.

Reactions: ColePens

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
The streak will end against Chicago. :laugh: That damn team just has our number. Even though every game i've watched of theirs this season looks like ****.
The Pens are going to be crapping Hawk feathers Monday morning. Seriously, the Hawks are going to wrecked.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
matt made this looked easy, a few great saves, but more positioning and just solid goaltending...
defense was good, Jets packed tons shots but most into bodies and from the points, not much there.

Nice support by our centers, don't remember on 3 on 2 or 2 on 1

Letang is just awesome, Maatta solid, also Pet and JJ very solid...

I did not like Sid's line play second game in a row, don't take me wrong Sid was still creating, but they were very often behind the puck, also did Rust get back into obscurity again???

A few posters complaining about Geno tonight was hilarious, the guy was solid, you can tell confidence is back, going forward, everything, if he only could learn back how to stay on the skates...

third line wasn't bad but only four shots on goal (four attempted) just not good enough from our third line

fourth line was good, ZAR and Matt carrying the play..sheahan, man he just sometimes looks so meh....

all in all a very good win...

Reactions: Andy99

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
ZAR showing you up lately. Blows my mind.

Showing me up by being a fourth liner?

I said he’s not a top six guy, doesn’t have the skill or skating for that role, he’s a borderline NHLer that is a fourth liner if he makes it.

Still looks like Kuhn’s ghost to me.

Hey, how did JJ look to you tonight?

Reactions: Sideline

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Watching the breakdown on Simon’s goal was pretty cool. Smart play from Simon, had to push hard to get around the defender. great patience/decision making from Malkin

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
God, that was an absolute joy to watch.

Muzz, 58, Cullen, Sid, the whole blue line corps. Hell ZAR should take a bow too. Pushing ahead with those two quick strikes and then completely controlling things against a very good team. When you get a Cup contender to pull their goalie with 6 minutes left to just get anything, ANYTHING going, you know you’re living right. Really love how Simon and ZAR are coming along.

It’s crazy to think of how things were 6 weeks ago vs today. In early Nov, only a coach firing or major shakeup trade was gonna wake these guys up. And yet tonight, the Pens iced three erstwhile defensive trainwrecks (big shoutout to MP...Daleyesque in his impact so far) and they didn’t just hold their own, they kept the lid on a top Western contender, with MM there to clean up the rest. Sully, you’ve come a long way baby.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
On mobile. Anyone have TOI breakdown for the defense?

Be interesting to see if Pettersson keeps getting more ES ice over Maatta.
Our coaching staff would have to be idiots to play Maatta more than Pettersson right now. Or at all.

Edit: Also, Schultz could start skating soon, woo!!

Reactions: BHD

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
The Hawks are gonna get trucked.
While I like your optimism, the Hawks are just one of those teams that can be as bad as they are right now and yet show up like the top team they used to be vs us.

I hope you're right though, I want you to be right.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Lot of good sensible stuff said but something that I don't think anyone else has said -

I think we might have a working 2nd line.

I have been a massive Letang critic over the years, and also praised him when he deserved it. But 10 goals at this part of the season... Who would be ahead of him at this point for Norris contention, I’m tryinf to figure out if he could even be in the conversation.

Go to the NHL stats, look at all the dmen with more points, there's your answer ;)

Right now that's Rielly, Burns, Giordano, Chabot and Carlson. Letang logs more minutes than any of them which might help, and now has more goals than anyone but Rielly.

Heavily in contention I'd say. Fingers crossed he ekes out a few more points and stays healthy.

I liked Sheary a lot but obviously in the cap era you need to replace players quickly to stay under. Simon deserves some love. He's a different kind of talented, but he is helping. Sheary is still struggling after his injury. He's better than that, but you get the idea.

Sheary: 37 GP 7G 8A 15 PTS
Simon: 33 GP 6G 10A 16 PTS

Sheary needs to buck his ideas up and earn us that 3rd damnit!

On mobile. Anyone have TOI breakdown for the defense?

Be interesting to see if Pettersson keeps getting more ES ice over Maatta.

Olli had 5th least - only Oleskiak had less. Petterson 4th.

cassius

Jul 23, 2004
Did anyone else think that the Sportsclip commercial made it appear as if going to Sportsclips was like going to a MDMA-infused rave at Las Vegas?

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Let's say I picked a great game to bring the godson to. He absolutely LOVED it! I guess it'll cost me a ton of money in the next few years :laugh:

Tonight, I understood why Sid loves playing with Rust. Rust reads off Sid VERY well and will decipher what Sid wants to do most often than not. He makes the right cut, the right pass, the right switch, the right delay. He flubs many, but the read is the good one pretty much all the time. Never got that from watching on TV, but from a bird's eye view, it is obviously.

Murray is so calm and in control. A rock back there.

Letang and Sid were masters as.they have been pretty much all season.

If that team plays as smart as they did tonight in the playoffs, no one stops them. Well, Tom Wilson will try to separate Letang's head from his shoulders and that would stop us, but outside of that...

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Lot of good sensible stuff said but something that I don't think anyone else has said -

I think we might have a working 2nd line.

Go to the NHL stats, look at all the dmen with more points, there's your answer ;)

Right now that's Rielly, Burns, Giordano, Chabot and Carlson. Letang logs more minutes than any of them which might help, and now has more goals than anyone but Rielly.

Heavily in contention I'd say. Fingers crossed he ekes out a few more points and stays healthy.

Sheary needs to buck his ideas up and earn us that 3rd damnit!

Olli had 5th least - only Oleskiak had less. Petterson 4th.
in reality only rielly should be ahead in that race, he'll cool off so tanger winning Norris is a lock

dig1

Mar 1, 2015
I liked Sheary a lot but obviously in the cap era you need to replace players quickly to stay under. Simon deserves some love. He's a different kind of talented, but he is helping. Sheary is still struggling after his injury. He's better than that, but you get the idea.

Sheary: 37 GP 7G 8A 15 PTS
Simon: 33 GP 6G 10A 16 PTS
If Simon had any sort of finish right now, Geno has like 8 points in his last 2 games alone. Rusty seems to be back to meh again offensively. Brassard remains a disappointment for me.

But other than that, that was a real solid effort against a really good team. Ehlers going down on the first shift from that Crosby hit didn't hurt.

This Murray we're seeing calms the entire team down, and they don't scramble as much. Keep it going boys.
tbh, it could be worse. Imagine if Sheary was still on the team. there is no way sheary could play with 71. What i like about Simone is that he really is hard to get off of the puck, even better than Guentzel. All 3 came together(sheary guentzel and simone) and Simone is by far the best of the three on the puck. He might not have the finish but his board work is impeccable

Reactions: canadianguy77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad