Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: Polamalu leads the Pens to their 8th straight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sideline

May 23, 2004
I'm really glad to see Murray find his game. If everyone stays healthy then Murray playing like this is enough to go on a deep playoff run.

42 year old Matt Cullen is still a legit NHL contributor. Blows my mind, but he's still a key player in the bottom 6.

Kris Letang is the Penguins MVP this year.

Crosby reminds me of 2008 Zetterberg right now. He just owns 200 feet of ice at all times.

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
I have been a massive Letang critic over the years, and also praised him when he deserved it. But 10 goals at this part of the season... Who would be ahead of him at this point for Norris contention, I’m tryinf to figure out if he could even be in the conversation.

Reactions: Extra Texture

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
What was the turning point in the turn around for this team? its like night and day

After our disaster streak Sully played guys who didn’t get scored on much a bit more and relied heavily on Sid/Jake for offense. Then the flow on effect of the bottom 6 chipping in, Rust got going, Pettersson and Riikola came in, Murray came back into career best form, JJ and Maatta playing a lot better.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I liked Sheary a lot but obviously in the cap era you need to replace players quickly to stay under. Simon deserves some love. He's a different kind of talented, but he is helping. Sheary is still struggling after his injury. He's better than that, but you get the idea.

Sheary: 37 GP 7G 8A 15 PTS
Simon: 33 GP 6G 10A 16 PTS

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
The Hawks are getting monkey stomped by the Pens on Sunday.

giphy.gif

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I have been a massive Letang critic over the years, and also praised him when he deserved it. But 10 goals at this part of the season... Who would be ahead of him at this point for Norris contention, I’m tryinf to figure out if he could even be in the conversation.
Letang right now, should be the top candidate for Norris. The minutes he plays, in all situations, and his production are what you want from a well rounded defenseman.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
On mobile. Anyone have TOI breakdown for the defense?

Be interesting to see if Pettersson keeps getting more ES ice over Maatta.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
If Simon had any sort of finish right now, Geno has like 8 points in his last 2 games alone. Rusty seems to be back to meh again offensively. Brassard remains a disappointment for me.

But other than that, that was a real solid effort against a really good team. Ehlers going down on the first shift from that Crosby hit didn't hurt.

This Murray we're seeing calms the entire team down, and they don't scramble as much. Keep it going boys.

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
Letang right now, should be the top candidate for Norris. The minutes he plays, in all situations, and his production are what you want from a well rounded defenseman.
Play devils advocate who would you put in front of him, at least one or two names. I’m just trying to play this out in my head and I can’t myself I’m drawing a blank.

888 98 twins

Got you back not your wallet
Feb 12, 2008
Burgh
Mr. Pettersson needs to start getting closer to 20 minutes/ night, he's been awesome. Maatta around 17 mins for the 3rd game in a row, that's a plus. Oleksiak with less than 15 minutes. Hopefully the only reason he's getting a sweater is to showcase him.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
So many of these recent wins have been Murray or Desmith standing on their head and opportunistic scoring.

Tonight it was the Pens just outplaying a good team, the best win they have had in a long time IMO.

The most encouraging part of the game was Geno playing well, i don't know if hes motivated playing for his hometown or what, but i hope he keeps this up.

Reactions: vodeni and Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
The streak will end against Chicago. :laugh: That damn team just has our number. Even though every game i've watched of theirs this season looks like ****.

It’s like NJD and OTT...every other team in the league can beat them easily, but we crap out against them every time...

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Play devils advocate who would you put in front of him, at least one or two names. I’m just trying to play this out in my head and I can’t myself I’m drawing a blank.

It's tough, I mean Giordano is also playing a lot of tough minutes, but not nearly as much as Tanger does.

Reactions: EdwardBlake
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->