Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: Pens vs. Kings: The 1am poop edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
+++ Sid's line: Continues to play out of this world.

+++ Jake gets his own pluses. He's just scoring left/right.

- PP still giving up shorties.

- 2 errors on defense lead to 2 goals.

- I want to put a little blame on DeSmith but Carter's 1st was a bullet. The Kopitar one he actually made the initial save on the SHG and Letang was still out of the picture so he had a 2nd chance.

- Sheahan, Brassard, Wilson - The triple vanilla.

- Pets: Rough one for Pets. Happens to all dmen. Oh well.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
47.gif

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Petterssons worst game thus far in PIT, hopefully he quickly moves on from this.

Reactions: ncm7772

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
There needs to be both a systematic and philosophical change with Malkin and his placement on the point. It needs to stop. He needs to start being placed either down load or at the half boards (only under the condition that there are two guys high at the point).

His play there hurts the team.

Reactions: domaug

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I think our blueline tried to be too cute tonight, got caught up the ice and inevitably led to quality scoring chances for the Kings. Got to be more fundamentally sound than that.

Reactions: Andy99

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
2nd worst team in the league after a gutsy, character win the night before!!!

This will be amazing! DeSmith will show he earned his contract. The team will be so much faster than a slow Western Conference team!

Sid is poised for a 5 point night!!!!

27b647880212b6f3554c9e027c119bc9.gif

Clatartar

Dec 28, 2014
Sid’s line deserves some pluses galore, Jake especially (is there a story there between he and Doughty?)

-Geno... I’ve never seen it this bad

-bad reffing

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
Same shit different game.

Difference is that their goaltending has been bailing them out or Sids line has been giving them run support. When you fail to get either of those, this is the result you get...even against one of the worst in the league.

Defensive structure is garbage. These blunders at the blue line absolutely have to stop. Enough with the over passing on the PP.

This road trip is shaping up to be an ugly one and might end with them out of a playoff spot once again...

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Sid’s line deserves some pluses galore, Jake especially (is there a story there between he and Doughty?)

-Geno... I’ve never seen it this bad

-bad reffing
are you serious, where is this coming from? Geno was good tonight, creating all night long,

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I know we’re missing some players but we haven’t been playing well on this trip so far...I know we won last night but it was mostly due to the Ducks stopping defending the last two periods...

I just see a troubling trend...our goaltending is falling off from its stellar pace the last 10 games...bound to have some regression to the mean but we can’t be giving up 4+ goals a night...we’re also reverting to sloppy on the PP and defending around the net,..

I hope we get this nipped in the bud soon...SJS is actually a contending team...can’t keep playing loosy goosy and win...

Reactions: EightyOne

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Same **** different game.

Difference is that their goaltending has been bailing them out or Sids line has been giving them run support. When you fail to get either of those, this is the result you get...even against one of the worst in the league.

Defensive structure is garbage. These blunders at the blue line absolutely have to stop. Enough with the over passing on the PP.

This road trip is shaping up to be an ugly one and might end with them out of a playoff spot once again...

Step back from the ledge bra, it's not that bad.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
If this is normal Malkin now, he's definitely regressed a bit.

But Sid sleepwalked for the start of a couple seasons before so well see how G looks come playoffs.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
I know we’re missing some players but we haven’t been playing well on this trip so far...I know we won last night but it was mostly due to the Ducks stopping defending the last two periods...

I just see a troubling trend...our goaltending is falling off from its stellar pace the last 10 games...bound to have some regression to the mean but we can’t be giving up 4+ goals a night...we’re also reverting to sloppy on the P and defending around the net,..

I hope we get this nipped in the bud soon...SJS is actually a contending team...can’t keep playing loosy goosy and win...
Matt had one bad period, thats not falling off...we are good at that department

Reactions: AquaticBirdman

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
The suck to pretty good meter is so razor thin with this squad that this could be a start of a losing streak or they could come up with surpise wins vs SJS, LV, etcs before Schultz returns and continues to roll.

It is what it is.
Get to work JR.
Also, Sheahan is almost as pointless on the 3rd line as Brass is and the pointlessness doesn't stop there.
Let's throw in one call up of Garrett Wilson and inserstion of Soft Rig.

Reactions: EightyOne

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Its tough to win b2b road games, even if the teams aren't that good.

I give the Pens credit for playing hard til the end, it would of been really easy to go though the motions after it was 4-1.

If JR is going to do something stupid and give up major assets at the deadline i hope Muzzin is the player he trades for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad