Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: Pens vs. Isles - YIKES

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
+ Despres: Great game.. sadly. Sadly because nobody else decided they wanted to join him. He played great all game long.

+ Vitale: Because we lovehis heart. He plays like Talbot played in 08.

- Dan Bylsma: Look.. I blame the players for not showing up, but it's teh coaching that has to get the message and keep it in the locker room. You can't cut everyone for **** efforts. You can cut a coach for not being able to manage it. Dan Bylsma has lost the locker room as much as MT did in 08. And TRUST me.. this roster is damn good and worthy of a Cup. I said it in 08-09 and I was right. I'm saying it again. We need a change in the coaching dept.

And don't blame Shero. He's done nothing but everything he could. He makes great trades and busts his ass to get UFAs who do not come.

Trust me.. this team is good enough. They just have no desire. No heart. No passion. No anything. They went out and didn't even bother wanting to win. They just wanted to go out and get it handed over. The reason we won in 09 was because of the most unreal passion to get what was taken from them. They felt their hearts break losing the Cup and they went out every night to die to get it back when Bylsma took over. They bought in and went full 200%.

Goodbye - Bylsma. You are MT all over again. It's the players fault too, but lord knows we can't cut everyone.

azntam

Aug 11, 2008
I just don't realistically see Shero firing Bylsma this year until its too late.

Sivek

Apr 9, 2011
- pretty much everything

+Despres will probably play more....maybe

sort of + Jeffrey showed enough that he should get a legit shot with the 2nd line next game. And by legit shot, multiple shifts in a period with them without being broken up

sort of + Vokoun didn't give up a goal

:dunno: That's all I got.

Strait looked really good.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
tumblr_m6aw35Ykit1ru3px0o1_500.gif

KaylaJ

i bent my wookie
Mar 12, 2009
hell
+ Vokoun

- same stuff, different game. I know they'll continue to say they didn't get to "their game", but considering how many line combos and what they look like, maybe this is their game.

Long Duk Dong

Sammich King
Aug 7, 2007
Beaver Falls, PA
Seeing Depres with a smile on his face yapping with that Cizikas chap at the end of the game when they just got their ***** kicked was a bit annoying even though he played well.

azntam

Aug 11, 2008
There is no time to F around. It can quickly get to be unrecoverable and we'd be stupid to waste another season of malkin/crosby.

I totally agree, if I were Shero, I would sit down with Bylsma to see what his plan is to turn this ship around into a cup contender. If there is no answer other than "we need to get to our game" then its time to go.

eXile59

Shirts on.
Jan 2, 2009
PA
The coaching sucks but people are over estimating the team. Look at the rosters of Boston, Chicago, San Jose, LA. Then look at ours. What player not names Malkin, Crosby, Neal scares you? We lost Staal for a major downgrade in Sutter.

The coaching sucks & the team just isn't as good as people thought it was.

Hophog

Aug 7, 2006
Hershey, PA
+ Short season so we won't have to suffer all that long, Flyers lost and Depres looked good.

- Obviously everything else and we didn't get to our game

NastyNick

Sep 7, 2007
Pittsburgh
Games like this are a precursor to the playoffs (should we be so fortunate). You can see the team's deepest flaws.

Not sure why the powerplay continues to suck year after year. Looks at what the Islanders put on the ice tonight. Just guys playing the right roles, moving the puck because they know where their teammates are going to be. That Penguins powerplay has been brutal for years now. Never lived up to expectations. And thats on the coaching.

Goaltending once again... its our combobreaker. I think if Vokoun had started.. well we probably still lose.. but its a respectable 1-0.. instead of a laughter. Not sure what else needs to be said about Fleury. Hes been given chance after chance. He has a legion of fans who defend him with blind devotion. Does he deserve it any more? 2 of those goals tonight were just awful to watch. The Grabner goal was also a poor shot.. but mishandled by Fleury's notorious slow glove hand.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
I know the Isles are a decent team this season, but they got manhandled by the New York freakin' Islanders.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->