Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: Pens vs. Canes - Amazingly all of the negative naysayers were busy for this one..

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
JJ is a meh defenseman who is just good enough to look like an NHL player and just bad enough that they can use him to block 6 billion shots in the playoffs without worrying about him getting hurt. Also, he is bad enough that refs will let him openly cheat in the playoffs.

Also also, he is Sid's friend.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
JJ is a meh defenseman who is just good enough to look like an NHL player and just bad enough that they can use him to block 6 billion shots in the playoffs without worrying about him getting hurt. Also, he is bad enough that refs will let him openly cheat in the playoffs.

This made me laugh, but it's so true.

JBose7

Jun 7, 2013
People can stop crapping on Dad cause that 4th line looks like a +++++++ come the playoffs. The keep showing in spurts they can play that playoff shutdown hockey style.

Reactions: Tasty Biscuits

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
People can stop crapping on Dad cause that 4th line looks like a +++++++ come the playoffs. The keep showing in spurts they can play that playoff shutdown hockey style.
Literally no one noteworthy on this site, craps on Cullen.

If anything, a lot of us wanted him rested so we get the most out of him in the playoffs, right now he's feeding off of the energy from Adam Johnson and his ludicrous speed and Wilson doing his Craig Adams thing.

Daeni10

Kunitz was there
Dec 31, 2013
Cologne
We at this part of the season where it gets hard for me to watch the games on the next day and not just fast forward through them. Just wanted Sid to hit 100 the past few games since I was 100% sure that we would make the playoffs as 2nd or 3rd see in the division. Maybe I should care more about home ice advantage than I do but man I just want the playoffs to start I really can not wait for it

Reactions: EightyOne

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I remember when people said Murray was gonna be the next Jim Carey.

And Dryden.

And Roy.

Fact: if Murray was playing like the first third of the year where DESMITH and JARRY were challenging him, you too would have fallen off Murray's balls by now.

He was garbage. He's not now. Great. He's doing what he needs to do as a contending teams' starting goalie in the NHL.

Reactions: HandshakeLin

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I remember when people said Murray was gonna be the next Jim Carey.
My issue with Murray was his health, dude got injured way too f***ing much and then there were some issues in his game that were popping up. But a guy with that kind of talent and pedigree, you can't blame a lot of us for being disappointed because most of us thought he had way more than he was showing us, in the tank.

The Murray that we are watching since he returned from his injury, is exactly the Murray we expected. We're getting it.

We should shut the f*** up about it now.

Does anyone have that fancy ass site that lets you pick a date from and to thing? Murray since Dec 15th has to be a top 3 netminder in the league. The other two are probably Bishop and Kuemper.

Reactions: EightyOne

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Let's try to keep this on-topic. In other words, save the discussion about Potash's height for another thread. :nod:

Last edited:

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB

I loled. Seriously, though, Johnson has gotten better as the season has gone on.

NMK11

Apr 6, 2013
Literally no one noteworthy on this site, craps on Cullen.

If anything, a lot of us wanted him rested so we get the most out of him in the playoffs, right now he's feeding off of the energy from Adam Johnson and his ludicrous speed and Wilson doing his Craig Adams thing.
giphy.gif

Johnson is what this team has needed on the fourth line for two seasons. Wilson has been acceptable, but I'm looking forward to Johnson-Cullen-Simon/TB as a line that's going to put some pressure on the net.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
giphy.gif

Johnson is what this team has needed on the fourth line for two seasons. Wilson has been acceptable, but I'm looking forward to Johnson-Cullen-Simon/TB as a line that's going to put some pressure on the net.

Unfortunately I don’t think the coaches are going to continue to play him when G returns...and take out Wilson

Burn

Mar 24, 2018
Man I really like AJ. The legs will make hime valued now but I think his sense and hands are good too. Just has to calm his game down.

Kessels in a funk but I'm liking that hes pumping the legs. Shows that he loves being here and cares as much as anyone.

How do the Pens make room for Gucci Guentzels contract this off-season?

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Unfortunately I don’t think the coaches are going to continue to play him when G returns...and take out Wilson

I dunno. Wilson is a good player for what he is.

+Let's be real...we won't be 100% healthy.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I dunno. Wilson is a good player for what he is.

+Let's be real...we won't be 100% healthy.

He’s actually been fine for his “role” if you think that’s how you should have your fourth line play....I have a different mindset there...I think the only possible player to get Wilson out of the lineup might be ZAR, but he may not be ready or they might try to plug him back in with G and Phil...

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
Murray's confidence is back to cup winning levels. Very great sign for us. Murray keeps this up we beat anyone. Only possible dark cloud looming is Letang, I think geno will be fine and the rest will turn out to be a good thing.

Reactions: Andy99

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
Can I get an update on JJ and Guds? I see some conflicting stuff on them, but they’ve seemed really solid. Especially when letang was in there.

Gudbranson didn't have his best game, but he was decent enough. Continues to be a solid pickup.

I think JJ played ok. Not his best either, but he's continuing to play immensely better than he was in November - January.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
So it’s clear the Maatta-Dumo plan was what to do if Letang can’t go in the POs...so far, it’s looking pretty knarly and they should scrap it imo because you’re effectively neutering our best D man...Ruh should probably be ready by the POs and that would give a third righty...would you play him?

If Letang is shelved for the POs and you want to play your best D men, we have to play Maatta...sorry to the Maatta haters but he’s one of the few D men we have now who can help drive O zone possession and get shots to the net from blue line...he’s an asset for this considering who else we’re playing ...so ?
Dumo-Schultz (this has got to be your top pair)
MP/JJ-Guds
Maatta-Ruh
Personally I think JJ has got to sit...JJ-Schultz also has been pretty bad...no harm in breaking that up

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016
And Dryden.

And Roy.

Fact: if Murray was playing like the first third of the year where DESMITH and JARRY were challenging him, you too would have fallen off Murray's balls by now.

He was garbage. He's not now. Great. He's doing what he needs to do as a contending teams' starting goalie in the NHL.

He's doing more than he needs to do. Just like I always knew he would.

Reactions: Peat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad