Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: Pens vs. Blues - Oh well... shit happens

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Honestly mad props to Binny and the Blues. They came out hot and desperate. Pens couldn't match it early and were down big. After that, the pens played their asses off. Major props to the Pens for battling through the game. They could have rolled over. They didn't. And actually had many chances to get right back into it.

The Pens had a terrific run without Tangers/Rust and partially without Dumo. Ran into a desperate team that earned their bounces tonight. Pens had chances to fight back and didn't make it. Oh well. That's hockey.

Not too much to take away. Tip the cap to the Blues. That's all you can do. :) Move on to the next one.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Can't complain. We played well. Defensive turnovers cost us and Binnington played well. Onto tomorrow

Reactions: BHD

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
When it became 4-0, I (like most) chalked it up as an L, hope they come back ready for tomorrow. Losing 2 straight to meh teams at home would suck, especially to the Flyers after that stupid stadium series game.

Annoyed Sid didn’t get a point either. Johnny Hockey will likely pass him up. Just hope he can get 100, staying in the top 5 would be cool too.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Remember when we had that trade with the Blues and we thought we got the good Dunn?

Happier times, for that split second.

Reactions: Peat

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Problem is we've had a lot of sub par efforts thus far this season. IMO we reached our quota on such efforts long ago. Can't really afford anymore.

Reactions: Angrrus

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
40 saves for Non Jake Allen .

Not much we could do besides try not to come out like that and leave Murray out to dry digging that hole.

Not like we lost putting up less than 20 shots. We are fine. Carter Hart will find out tomm.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
11-4-2 in the last 17. This was a bump in the road and really for the 2nd half we played pretty well. So did Binnington though.

And breaks the streak to allow Letang/Rust back in the lineup without the pressure of keeping up the winning. One loss and it's " here we go...chemistry is done..." . Now both can come back tomm night and get 10 games in.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Not a big deal to lose a game, but they gotta bounce back tomorrow.

They have 3 really tough road games after tomorrow, one loss can turn into losing 4 of 5 real easy if they don't bounce back tomorrow.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
This is the same team Ottawa beat a couple nights ago and they won rather convincingly against us. I don't see much in the way of positives to take away from this. Well, I thought the 3rd line looked pretty good but beyond that meh.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
This is the same team Ottawa beat a couple nights ago and they won rather convincingly against us. I don't see much in the way of positives to take away from this. Well, I thought the 3rd line looked pretty good but beyond that meh.
Believe it or not but Ottawa has won 24 times this year. Some of those were even against good teams. A loss to Ottawa doesn't mean a team sucks. Hell, one of those 24 is against Tampa. One is the Sharks. One is us.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
We got owned by the big bad Bin. Hopefully we take this loss to the Flyers and crush them after being embarrassed at home.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Tip of the cap to the Blues. They played very well.

Payback time against the Flyers tomorrow.
Hopefully because our margin of error is kinda thin considering our schedule. The thing that irks me is the number of points we squandered to teams like NJ, OTT, CHI etc.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Hopefully because our margin of error is kinda thin considering our schedule. The thing that irks me is the number of points we squandered to teams like NJ, OTT, CHI etc.
it would take a pretty serious collapse at this point to miss. We're probably more likely to finish 2nd in the division than miss the playoffs.

BladeRunner66

Two-Headed Jerk
Oct 23, 2017
We lead in SOG, FO%,# of PP, less PIM, more hits you name it but our goalies (mostly MM) weren't good and they got ...more goals.

...oh and they did block more shots, more than twice as much so there's that.

Last edited:

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Believe it or not but Ottawa has won 24 times this year. Some of those were even against good teams. A loss to Ottawa doesn't mean a team sucks. Hell, one of those 24 is against Tampa.
Not at all, but it's a game we were heavily favored to win and really wasn't close. Again if this game didn't happen after squandering so many points earlier in the season it wouldn't concern me so much.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Not at all, but it's a game we were heavily favored to win and really wasn't close. Again if this game didn't happen after squandering so many points earlier in the season it wouldn't concern me so much.
Eh, this one doesn't worry me even a little bit. We had a rough start and they were playing for their season. Once we got going, we carried the play. We'd roll over that team in a series unless Binnington stole it.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
+ I missed the game

- Sorry to have missed the Geno tribute

We better get a W tomorrow, and Letang and Rust better be playing because we’re not getting much from Trotman or L2...I’m guessing Sully held them out to ease them back in, rather than force them to play b2b ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad