Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: Pens start where they left off!! Right in the shitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Do you believe the things you post, or just want to scream incoherently into the void? :laugh:

E-Rod's not going to be on the top line when Kap's ready. Even I don't think that'll happen, and I think Sully's an absolute schmuck.

The system is garbage to watch, yet again, but the idea of Rodrigues in the top 6 when Kapanen is available to him is ridiculous and I am the biggest Sullivan hater on the pens board here. Just no way, I mean, for that tosser to even do that, he'd have to go full Bylsma (both ignorant).

Players being rusty, I can understand. There are things that I still think are ridiculous, like Guentzel should be with Malkin and Rust, for Rust to suddenly be playing this puck retrieval role just feels like he's been told to play a role on that line for that because Zucker is a shooter as well. Nothing about that seems normal to me, I get people thinking oh Rust is back to being a puck retrieval player, but really, that whole usage and the way he was playing felt like a player following a role he was told to play on that line.

The rest though, some players were very very rusty. Goalies were going to be rough, I figured this would end 5-4 for us, but 6-3 was just brutal seeing the forwards not supporting the defense, the defense not really understanding basic things like player assignments, then the forwards never picking up the trailing forward on the back check and a lot the more egregious things like that were from the top lines. Great example. I can see why this soft as f*** leadership group always needs to land some veteran leader each deadline.

The Great Mighty Poo

Thank You 59.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
The system is garbage to watch, yet again, but the idea of Rodrigues in the top 6 when Kapanen is available to him is ridiculous and I am the biggest Sullivan hater on the pens board here. Just no way, I mean, for that tosser to even do that, he'd have to go full Bylsma (both ignorant).

Players being rusty, I can understand. There are things that I still think are ridiculous, like Guentzel should be with Malkin and Rust, for Rust to suddenly be playing this puck retrieval role just feels like he's been told to play a role on that line for that because Zucker is a shooter as well. Nothing about that seems normal to me, I get people thinking oh Rust is back to being a puck retrieval player, but really, that whole usage and the way he was playing felt like a player following a role he was told to play on that line.

The rest though, some players were very very rusty. Goalies were going to be rough, I figured this would end 5-4 for us, but 6-3 was just brutal seeing the forwards not supporting the defense, the defense not really understanding basic things like player assignments, then the forwards never picking up the trailing forward on the back check and a lot the more egregious things like that were from the top lines. Great example. I can see why this soft as f*** leadership group always needs to land some veteran leader each deadline.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Do you believe the things you post, or just want to scream incoherently into the void? :laugh:

E-Rod's not going to be on the top line when Kap's ready. Even I don't think that'll happen, and I think Sully's an absolute schmuck.
I was kidding. Sheeeesh.
upload_2021-1-14_19-20-41.gif

Even Sully isn’t dumb enough to keep Rod there without at least trying KK.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
The only positive was the 3rd line and that was my 1a concern going into the season, so there's that. Everything else was brutal. Matheson's defensive game is worse than I thought it was going to be. Jarry did not inspire confidence whatsoever. If Jarry falters, I can already smell Fleury coming back at the deadline. I actually didn't mind Ceci. I think the defense is going to need some time to figure some things out, but with POJ knocking on the door, a shakeup would be easy.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
The season is simply going to be a test of not having losing streaks. Any team simply can't go on a losing streak and expect to make it up like a normal season. Sully is not exactly lighting it up since the middle of last year and I can envision a below the line start and GMJR moving on from him if that is the case.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
You talk in circles, and contradict yourself.
I just completely disregard snappy one liners with no supporting points or examples. Lazy posting.

I'll leave the goaltending topic alone though. Extremely sensitive subject on this board with all the Murray loyalists. A lot of people who want our goalies to fail, rather than the team succeed.

Last edited:

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
The season is simply going to be a test of not having losing streaks. Any team simply can't go on a losing streak and expect to make it up like a normal season. Sully is not exactly lighting it up since the middle of last year and I can envision a below the line start and GMJR moving on from him if that is the case.
He’s signed through 2023-2024, though. All ownership cares about is slashing money these days, so I would be surprised if Sully is canned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->