Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: Pens start where they left off!! Right in the shitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
+++++ McCann/Tanev/Jank: Woah this line came out of nowhere. They had chemistry and they looked energetic. From the drop this line looked good.

And that's where it ends.

---- Defense: Holy shit. Marino, Matheson, Ceci, Dumo, Pets. That was BRUUUUUUUUUUUTAL. Brutal.

---- Jarry: You had your chance to take it and run with it. Not a good start.

---- Sid/Geno/Letang: Leaders gotta lead. Holy shit guys. 2 playoffs in a row and here again.

Let's get deeper...

---------- Special Teams: The powerplay had awful support. AWFUL support. And the PK... over skating everything. It was reckless aggression. Pathetic stuff. If those were the changes, oh boy. I mean it was two straight playoffs of problems with special teams. How do you lay an egg like that?

------- Support: All over the ice. Where is it? Defensively? Not there. Players not helping in any way. Offensively? Players are 60 feet away. Brutal. They legit don't look like they have a clue how to play as a team. If there is a system, someone is going to have to show me it. It looked like a bunch of f***ing beer leaguers with tons of talent just playing a game.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
tenor.gif

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
Remember back when every Pens/Flyers game would end with a half dozen scrums in the last minute? I know there were no fans but this rivalry seems pretty dead at the moment. Hopefully by game 5 or 6 they'll hate each other again.

LRS87

Oct 7, 2020
+++++++++Third line
No explanation, keep them together 80% CF

+ Fourth line
Very good display with energy and fair share of chances

-Matheson&Ceci
Shocker. I think Matheson has room to grow but god Ceci needs to go already

---Jarry
We need some saves

---------Top 6
Remember: Kap isnt in yet, but no ES goals from our top 6 or even really scoring chances, is really really bad.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Sheary, Simon, warm body better than Rodrigues

I don't know why the spot filler is always the worst player on the team (in terms of puck skills). Like, I get he's only there until Kapanen returns, but surely you can bump up one of the bottom six guys with actual offensive ability to play in that spot for the time being.

Having an effective third or fourth line doesn't mean much when your top line can't create much because one of them has almost zero puck skills.

turd

Feb 1, 2013
I mean, the Pens aren’t a very good team. So I’m not sure what everyone expects. They’re not fast, they’re not big, and they’re not physical. It’s just a poorly constructed, poorly coached team. Expectations needs adjusted accordingly.

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
This team is bad and is going to get dummied all season in the East. Garbage all around outside of the 3rd line. PO streak is 100% over. Gonna get embarrassing before long. Hope Minny likes the top 10 pick we give them.

Reactions: Angrrus and domaug
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->