Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: Pens duck another loss!

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
++++++++ Sidney Crosby: What a start to the season for 87. He's carrying this team on his back. This could be bad later in the year because they are using him quite a bit. But hot damn it's fun to watch.

++ Marino: I know he makes mistakes. Young dmen do. But his mistakes are with things we want. He's aggressive, makes good dishes, skates to pressure, etc. I thought he looked very solid.

++ Kahun: He was noticeable all game. I said it in the GDT - I think Kahun is what people think Simon is at the NHL level. I don't think we should have both. I'd love to keep seeing Kahun.

++ Laff/Blueger: These 2 guys are thriving. I want to see them on L4 if fully healthy. Fully healthy might be fun to eventually see.... in 2020.

+/-/= Letang: Some great Letang plays. Some bad Letang plays. Some ugly Letang plays. :laugh: He seriously was all over the map. I thought he had some terrific plays but there were some head scratchers, too.

+ Muzz: I didn't like his goal against, but he did hold the fort down.

+ Dumo: Not vintage Dumo.... but a MUCH better Dumo.

-- Letang/Schultz on the PP

-- ZAR: Doesn't deserve a sweater. Period.

-- Is A Johnson hurt? If not, then f***ing ridiculous that he didn't play. Unacceptable. I actually wanna see L4 of TB, Johnson, and Laff.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Did not expect that.

Nice.

Sid doin Sid things again. Sorry other NHL team fans.

source.gif

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Very good game all around. I think the most encouraging things today are:

1. Kahun looked great
2. All of the defense pairs looked good, I honestly think this D lineup is the best D lineup they can make right now
3. McCann still looks like he can be a full-time center

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Eh? See boys? Just like I said... Crosby and Guentzel carry the day.

The vast majority of the rest of these guys? Well...

Reactions: NEPA

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Good win,

meh game,

I was hoping to see a young forward pop. Other than the Kahun breakaway, nothing stood out other than Marino's solid play on D.

Sully still hamstrings his team, but I'm sure the media will lavish him with praise for the win.

Reactions: Pens17

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
We're back to being the best team in the league, boys. In all seriousness; I hope ZAR never plays again, he's always been awful but enough's enough. I also hope we see some Riikola-Marino pairing moving forward. Marino's still pretty raw, but you can see it plain as day--he could be a stud.

Until the biggest games. Great player. Never recovered his shot when his shoulder got messed up. BUT, absolutely ZERO edge.
Eh, I don't know. Holding it against Martin for not having an edge is like holding it against Tanev that he's not a goal scorer. :laugh: It's just not who they are or what they do.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
didn’t get to watch the third but...
impressed that they didn’t give up the lead, a Pens 2018-19 special, and I’m also impressed that as far as we know Letang did not injure another forward...

oh and I LOVE Marino!

Reactions: Hamurai

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
@ColePens, final TOI for Marino:

16:06 total - 5th on the team, but only 2 seconds behind Pettersson.
13:07 ES - 5th on the team, but only 65 seconds less than Schultz.
2:59 PK - same as Johnson, 2 seconds less than Dumo and Letang.

Can someone add final corsi numbers please?

Reactions: ColePens

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Gibson played well. Was a good game to watch. It felt oddly intense/important. Both teams played great.

It was very important for the Pens.

On the verge of a total melt-down one week into the year lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad