Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: Game 2 Penguins vs. Rangers

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Those are pictures of the Rangers playing clueless defense. Really guys, I can accept any realistic arguments for his play but this is crazy.

I thought the pictures were used to counter a quote that said the goal was because everyone was focused on Malkin.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
tumblr_mgytcel4m61r6nmfho1_500.gif

WOW. I definitely missed that. What a hit :laugh:

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Are people really harping on Tangradi this much? He done a few really positive things in the offensive zone like create turnovers and more offensive zone pressure. People just need to stop *****ing.

I'm not saying he's the perfect fit, but you guys also ***** when DB doesn't give a youngster a chance. Let's see what he does with 15-20 games on Geno's line. Let's just see. We don't need a whipping boy around here every game.

The team is playing great hockey. Just let it be for once and enjoy it.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I don't see getting Kulemin. The Leafs are looking to trend upward and add players IMO, not trade a known commodity for futures. For what it's worth Red Wings fans who are panicking mentioned Franzen. If the team really is that bad, and it seems like their defense is at least, I think he's a completely reasonable target.

I would be shocked if the Leafs dealt him. The only reason I can't say they won't, 100%, is because Burke was fired. But I don't think that's a move on their radar. (I imagine Clarke MacArthur would go long before Kulemin)

BigBadBoris

Apr 3, 2012
No its not. People keep saying get crosby a winger blah blah. Kunitz is perfect and Dupes is a fantastic pickup as well. They have been slow out of the gate but none of them played during the lockout, its going to take some time to get chemistry back but when they are on top of their game that line is good. No need to get another player we cant afford

Kunitz and Dupuis is not perfect and will not suffice in the playoffs. Have you watched the playoffs when the other team just put all their focus on Sid and the other two 'perfect' linemates you mention cannot do squat with the extra space they're given.

BigBadBoris

Apr 3, 2012
Getting Sid an impact winger is IMO the only absolute must on Shero's 'to do' list this year.

Agree. Kunitz is fine, but only if he is the third wheel as you've mentioned a lot. I would be pretty pissed if I were Sid with the hometown discount and all if Shero did not pursue a better winger

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Agree. Kunitz is fine, but only if he is the third wheel as you've mentioned a lot. I would be pretty pissed if I were Sid with the hometown discount and all if Shero did not pursue a better winger

It depends. Let's see what we have come the trade deadline. The defense looked pretty good so far. And we do have Malkin and Letang to sign. A wing for Sid may be our only hole. We have the luxury of seeing it play out then filling holes.

Candyman

Aug 17, 2012
Indiana
Are people really harping on Tangradi this much? He done a few really positive things in the offensive zone like create turnovers and more offensive zone pressure. People just need to stop *****ing.

I'm not saying he's the perfect fit, but you guys also ***** when DB doesn't give a youngster a chance. Let's see what he does with 15-20 games on Geno's line. Let's just see. We don't need a whipping boy around here every game.

Basically this is how I feel, I won't start dogging on him until we see a larger sample size. It's still possible that that line combo could really work. Give the kid a chance, and more than 2 games, or 5 games even... I know it's a short season but we have some pretty limited options for a player on Geno's wing, so lets see if this pans out.

I missed this. Who is that he hit? The picture is a little small for me to make out the name/number.

It was Bickel I believe.

regard

Nov 9, 2009
Staal Debates

Horay!

lol
Not like we cant bring in a winger at the deadline, no need to trade him after two games because hes not on fire already.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009

Also, it's not like Neal and Geno aren't producing...

TheSniper26

Oct 2, 2005
Youngstown

This is the key thing for me. If he was actively hurting that line, I'd say there should be some urgency to make a change. But he's not. Might as well let him get his footing as long as it's doing no harm.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Caught this as well

Orpik shouldn't have hit him with 30 seconds left...coming up the middle of the ice, head down, crossing the blue line.

Basically, Vitale - Briere 2.0. The game was ended, so Orpik should have given up at that point, but not Kreider.

Dumb.
You're right I think it would have been better to stop the game so that Orpik could sit with him for a cup of tea. Pinky's up of coarse.

Does anyone know if the Pens are enjoying a brisk winters day in NYC? I hope so. The city is so peachy keen this time of the year. I know a great place for shaw-co-lates on 20th between Park and 5th.

OK I'm going to go now. My stories are on.

regard

Nov 9, 2009
Staal Debates
This is the key thing for me. If he was actively hurting that line, I'd say there should be some urgency to make a change. But he's not. Might as well let him get his footing as long as it's doing no harm.

The second line is probably the best place for this funny enough.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010

Exactly. Add on top of that Sid's line has looked pedestrian and Kunitz has been largely invisible (except when he has screwed up). If we can give these guys the benefit of the doubt, surely we can have some patience with Tangradi.

JQR

Clearly it's Lovejoy
Jan 25, 2012
Is it time for my Blake Wheeler obsession to resurface?

Off topic: Wheeler just got run over by Chara. If they had thought bubbles, Wheeler's would say, "... w... t... f..." Chara's would say, "NBD."

Candyman

Aug 17, 2012
Indiana
I'm just absolutely elated that the pens are 2-0 against our two biggest division rivals, and both of them are 14th and 15th in our division right now. In a shortened season that is huge!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->