Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: Congratulations Sidney Crosby!! (1000th Game)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Wasn’t the best player out there tonight, but Barzal is a special player.

Absolutely love watching this kid play. He's so deceptive. He goes into a phone booth and comes out with everyone's loose change. He changes speeds so much.

I would imagine the one thing Isles fans would get mad at is he doesn't quite have that killer instinct to shoot. I think if he went a little selfish, he would probably be up there in an MVP discussion.

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
I don’t have a problem with it in a game like that.

Pens had something like 8 shots in the middle of the second period and weren’t generating much offense.

KK wasn’t looking too hot, so Sullivan threw Laff (who was flying around and had more of a pulse than anyone) and Tanev up there to try and spark something.

Stuff like this is going to happen throughout the season when a coach needs to jumpstart his team.

I wish I could agree this was some kind of Sullivan vendetta against KK because he looks like a living anime drawing, but it’s really not.

This unfortunately happened all the time in Toronto and it’s why KK drove Leaf fans like my wife nuts.

KK certainly hasn't earned an extended look on the top line so if he's not performing no reason to not try someone else who is going. He's a mixed bag so far, seemed to be building a little bit of chemistry with Malkin and then dropped off a little bit. I just wish Sullivan wasn't married to Zucker on L2, it would open up some more combinations.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Also going back to last game and Natural Stat Trick vs. official NHL stats, they're showing significant differences, for example, in TOI and hits. :dunno:

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
KK certainly hasn't earned an extended look on the top line so if he's not performing no reason to not try someone else who is going. He's a mixed bag so far, seemed to be building a little bit of chemistry with Malkin and then dropped off a little bit. I just wish Sullivan wasn't married to Zucker on L2, it would open up some more combinations.

KK got moved off Malkin’s line, then he was moved off Crosby’s line... I’ve seen this movie before in Toronto.

He just goes into spaz mode for spells.. not like full time Sheary and McCann spaz mode... but it’s a real thing with him and this isn’t Sullivan being a big bad meany face.

I wish I could give a concrete assessment of KK , having watched him so much in Tor, but he’s impossible to figure out.

I said after the trade I believe he’s an elite third liner and going to cause a shit storm of debates on here about what the guy is.

In the end, Pens need him to be a top six guy because frankly, he’s all they got so...

Reactions: DRAGO 18 and BHD

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
Islanders were desperate as hell after that last game. It´s EXTREMELY HARD to win B2B games against good teams because of how desperate they are if they lose the first one. Tbh, Isles had no business losing this game, they played very well. Jarry absolutely stole this one for us. Couldn´t come at better time.

All of our lines were tortured but that L2 was the only one really hurting us tonight. Especially Geno and Zucker, their turnovers partially leading to both goals against then Zucker gets that penalty too. Bad bad bad. Rusty was struggling there too.

I told you that we have TOP5 defense in the league. Tonight they scored 3 goals for us. And Marino played extremely well in the defensive zone IMO.

Congrats to Sid, phenomenal person. Glad that he was positively involved in this win too. Huge game for his club.

Also, fuc the Islanders. Hate them. Barzal is crazy good tho.
i would be all for movig geno to wing , but then we need a 2nd line center. don't think we have what it takes to get one.imo

Reactions: ChaosAgent

OtherThingsILike

May 6, 2020
Pittsburgh
Because we spent a 1st and a prospect on a player that just got benched for f***ing Lafferty when he has been our most consistent wing after Rust this year.
Why should Sullivan make lineup decisions based on the opportunity cost to acquire a player and not based on how well the player is playing during a particular game?

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Well I was wrong and Letang won the game. Probably his best 2 periods in like 5 years. All the horrible losses, hundreds of horrible decisions, JR getting the door. It all finally paid off last night for one regular season game. We all need to strive to find somebody who believes in us like Mario does Letang.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
It's more about how un-dangerous Sid and especially Geno look 5-on-5.

Neither has that gamebreaker quality right now.

Matheson is incredibly talented offensively and I think there's an actual argument that the Pens should be looking to move him to wing as soon as next season.
this is true, they can't beat anyone one on one, they can skate or deck their way through as they used to, at least Sid can protect puck and Geno can skate around and look for a trailer or point guy...even when Geno wsn't playing well in the past he commanded respect, d-man would back off so he had options, now they stand up to them and they can't beat them....

Reactions: Andy99

Pittsburgh1776

Aug 9, 2010
this is true, they can't beat anyone one on one, they can skate or deck their way through as they used to, at least Sid can protect puck and Geno can skate around and look for a trailer or point guy...even when Geno wsn't playing well in the past he commanded respect, d-man would back off so he had options, now they stand up to them and they can't beat them....

I know people are down on the stars, especially Malkin, but for me so much of this is just confidence. You've seen at different points Malkin still commands that respect when he's skating with confidence and has an aggressive mindset. As his conditioning gets better more of that will return. It all starts with the legs with Geno. Crosby is still a beast down low, no one can beat him behind the net on the boards. He will still be elite for several more years. I guess I'm just not on the lament the aging stars train yet. I still see elite players, who can change a game on any shift..just not ones who can dominate a game singlehandedly anymore.

Reactions: vodeni

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
I gotta say it I can’t stand that BETRIVERS logo on the ice. It looks like someone just went out while the ice was forming and took a huge piss on the ice. I know it’s a virtual ad but man... :laugh:

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
It's been a long time...... that the penguins roll THREE defensemen burdened with excess of 20 minutes toi.

Marino Math Letang.

Really good to see it's not just tang.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Can't say I'm a fan of this development.

But I'm old, so I suppose that's point.

Personally always liked jeans that fit.... but tight jeans never worked for me because of the whole fabric issue:
iu

But since the invention of these stretch fabric pants (JEANS, DRESS PANTS...etc etc etc) I've been wearing jeans more than ever and not as baggy (for room / comfort) because they stretch now.

Stretch jeans (slacks... pants) are the best invention of the 2010's or whenever I first saw that commercial of sweat pants that looked like jeans but stretched. I laughed at it then, but little did I know, the entire clothing world would hard hit by stretch fabric... but for the better.

lol... why am I talking about this in the PGT? dafug

Reactions: Soggy Biscuit

Snooki Stackhouse

Dec 6, 2007
Pittsburgh
I've always been a bigger guy and while I can't shove my ass in skinny jeans, I have enjoyed wearing more tapered cuts. But fabric is key; it needs some stretch. The tapered cut has a nicer feel when walking; I always hated the feel of my baggy pant legs rubbing against each other. Also I never hem my pants so tapered legs bunch better at the ankle and don't get caught in my shoe heel like baggy pants do. I can't go back. For me, the shift over the past 5-10 years to slim cuts have been more about function over style.

Reactions: ChaosAgent

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Once they are gone, rule #1: You DON'T try to get them back.

Only exception to the rule would be if it was to get Jordan back... but that'd never happen.

Do you mean Jordan, Michael or Staal, Jordan?

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
I've always been a bigger guy and while I can't shove my ass in skinny jeans, I have enjoyed wearing more tapered cuts. But fabric is key; it needs some stretch. The tapered cut has a nicer feel when walking; I always hated the feel of my baggy pant legs rubbing against each other. Also I never hem my pants so tapered legs bunch better at the ankle and don't get caught in my shoe heel like baggy pants do. I can't go back. For me, the shift over the past 5-10 years to slim cuts have been more about function over style.
Tapered jeans are where it's at. Look great and aren't as "in your face" as skinny jeans. The Levi 502's are perfect for the stretch material too.

Definitely my go-to's

Reactions: Bingo71
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->