Post-Game Talk: Cole's Plus/Minus: black & gold vs. black & gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gold Diamond

Watermarks
Jul 11, 2008
Coatesville, PA
I went to bed after the second period, thinking Rask was going to shut them out. Waking up, I saw they got to OT. That's a win in my book from what I saw in periods 1 and 2.

Reactions: Peat

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Ya but why does being down by two goals during every game have to be our thing?
Obviously that's not a good trend. I guess I am pleasantly surprised in how we played the latter part of the game. We were definitely pinning the B's in and dictating the play. Our forecheck was creating zone time for us and causing the Bruins to get hemmed in and defend much longer than they would have liked.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Have you watched Dumoulin this year? They aren't going to miss much.

Dumoulin has analytically been their best defenseman by a healthy margin.

I really don't know what to think with him. Yes, he's failing the eye test to me, but the results are what the results are. It's the same situation as Crosby.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
So Letang gets coned by the rat. Then blows a 3 on 0. Meanwhile, Schultz scored the GWG for the Caps. Sounds about right.

ronduguayshair

Oct 23, 2017
I thought Sullivan made a nice adjustment last night having the team dump the puck to Rask rather then the corners. That changed helped us get some zone time and momentum.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Didn’t I say that Marchand clowning Letang in OT was going to happen???

First shift and BOOM, there it is.

Well, I've been saying Letang is a clown for 3 years :P And for about 2.5 of those years it wasn't a popular opinion.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I know it’s fun to bury Letang, but since the Flyer debacle he has been on the ice for 108 minutes at 5v5 and surrendered 1 GA. He also has been significantly out chancing the other team too.

For reference Malkin and Crosby are a combined 6 GA in 150 minutes of ice time in that sample.

Our biggest issue defensively has been Marino who has gotten absolutely obliterated during the last five games.

Further point to sticking him and Letang together @Peat.

Reactions: Shady Machine

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I know it’s fun to bury Letang, but since the Flyer debacle he has been on the ice for 108 minutes at 5v5 and surrendered 1 GA. He also has been significantly out chancing the other team too.

For reference Malkin and Crosby are a combined 6 GA in 150 minutes of ice time in that sample.

Our biggest issue defensively has been Marino who has gotten absolutely obliterated during the last five games.

Marino got that 'I had a brilliant rookie year so now I'm a star and don't have to work as hard' vibe going on.

The non-traditional offseason and shake ups to the schedule / training / practice isn't helping either.

Don't know what to expect from him this year... it's still early, but not looking that hot.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018

Schultz stats.. 7 games. 2 goals. 2 assist and +7.

Letang stats.. 7 games. 0 goals. 3 assist and -1.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Marino got that 'I had a brilliant rookie year so now I'm a star and don't have to work as hard' vibe going on.

The non-traditional offseason and shake ups to the schedule / training / practice isn't helping either.

Don't know what to expect from him this year... it's still early, but not looking that hot.

I’m fine with Marino so far this year and I think his dropping play has largely to do with his partners and adjusting to our new system, but acting like Letang has been a tire fire defensively is silly when after POJ he’s been our most consistent D this year.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Considering the fact that Letang posted up a -4 game I'm going to say the fact that he is sitting at -1 ATM is actually pretty impressive.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh

you don't need to defend Tanger. He will keep having occasional brainfarts, somo players will burn by him here or there (he seems to be less decisive to tighten up the gap then before) but without Letang, our team first through fourth line would spend their entire time in our zone, he is the most critical player now that we have 5 slugs (I mean POJ is OK but he is still sheltered and Petts is hurt) on defense and old centers on offense (except Teddy). We will live and die by Letang, no one else is capable driving the play. Thats why I am excited to see him with Marino, they should be playing north of 25, Marino can focus on defensive shit, you will see a major difference for all the forwards that play behind...

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
So you’d prefer to have Schultz?

Our last #1 D to win a Stanley Cup.. Yeah

Considering the fact that Letang posted up a -4 game I'm going to say the fact that he is sitting at -1 ATM is actually pretty impressive.

Oh the game he was on the ice for literally every goal against. Most players were -1. Two were -2. None were -3 and somehow Letang managed to be -4. That was a very special game from him. That has to be some type of record.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
He d

oes not strike me as that kind of guy. Its more of a position he is put in. Check him out next couple of games with Letang. Go look at my posts this year, I have been shiting on him big time, but the more I look the more I see that he is just deployed wrongly and ask to do things he can't do. His offensive instincts are terrible, he is comical on PP, he freezes and has no idea what to do with the puck. Thats what kills your confidence and you start making mistakes in your zone where he has a supreme talent to anticipate plays and skates out of trouble and connect with the center.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I’m fine with Marino so far this year and I think his dropping play has largely to do with his partners and adjusting to our new system, but acting like Letang has been a tire fire defensively is silly when after POJ he’s been our most consistent D this year.

How fast is POJ.... I donno, 1-10?

He got beat pretty hard by Frederic chasing a puck down from attacking blue line to the d blue line.

Had me wondering if he's quick or average.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
He d

oes not strike me as that kind of guy. Its more of a position he is put in. Check him out next couple of games with Letang. Go look at my posts this year, I have been shiting on him big time, but the more I look the more I see that he is just deployed wrongly and ask to do things he can't do. His offensive instincts are terrible, he is comical on PP, he freezes and has no idea what to do with the puck. Thats what kills your confidence and you start making mistakes in your zone where he has a supreme talent to anticipate plays and skates out of trouble and connect with the center.

Good. I hope I'm wrong 100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->