OT: Cole's OT Boutique: Beep Beep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
Glorious day yesterday, today it is grey and raining. Got to make the most of the sunny days. Always wanted to go to the Laurentians but it is a bit of a drive, 2+ hours.

I usually go to St Jerome as there is a lovely walk along the river with rapids and a small waterfall. When you reach the top there are rocks out into the shallow part of the river where you can sit and dip your feet.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I caught a mouse in the house once and let it go outside. A bird got it within 10 seconds.

That's my experience with 90% of all rodents I ever rescued from my cats.

Worst was when I was cat sitting and the cat had caught a bird. Dragged the cat free, set the bird on the window sill... it just walks forwards and a second later, there's a thud. Felt really bad for it and annoyed at all the wasted work... until the cat dragged in the same bird, still alive, 30 minutes later.

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
There are some woods behind my house, which I love, not least of which is because I have a few Cooper's Hawks that take up residence. I was less fond, however, the day I was out working in the yard and one of the hawks flew over and dropped a mouse it had caught and killed which came within a few feet of landing on top of my head.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I seek spoilers to series that just go for too long and I don't caer to wait.
Game of Thrones, ASoIaF, Dood just takes too long to finish so I read spoilers cause who cares.

Thats what prompt my initial question. I hate investing time into series that last for years and years but culminate in nothing that a 2 hour movie couldn't do.

Ngl, I read the spoilers for last season of GoT before it aired.

It should help that this is only a 10 episode time commitment.

Reactions: shoplifter

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
Well all know how ASOIAF will end. Everyone dies and everything hurts. I've shifted my thoughts on it lately and sort of decided "Eff it..." There's enough good, shiny, exciting fantasy out there that's actually completed that I'm no longer going to worry about it.

I love that they so proudly sing a line about getting the hell out of Detroit.

I've been saying this for years. A solid choice for civic pride = "Let's get out of this ****hole any which way we can!"

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Ngl, I read the spoilers for last season of GoT before it aired.

It should help that this is only a 10 episode time commitment.
Free Folk FTW! :laugh: I look at the series being spoilers for the books, which we've agreed will never be written.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Pittsburgh weather sucks this time of year. There was no actual spring weather, it went from snowing to brutally hot instantly. I wish that we actually got some 60 degrees days, rather than going from 40 to a humid 80.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I think my iPhone 5's Home button is dead
I used an app called 'Activator' just in case my home button died. I don't have an iphone any longer, but the app was great if it is still available. It let you remap functions of other buttons and gave a virtual home button on the screen.
Worked for me.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Why oh why is my lawn the only one covered in dandelions? It's like all the various spores/seeds/whatever all decided to congregate on my property.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Why oh why is my lawn the only one covered in dandelions? It's like all the various spores/seeds/whatever all decided to congregate on my property.
They grow on weeds on my lot. I rip them all out just last week and there are a few I didn't root and they are twice as big this week.
I hate weeds in my yard.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
They grow on weeds on my lot. I rip them all out just last week and there are a few I didn't root and they are twice as big this week.
I hate weeds in my yard.

I use those weed and feed fertilizer things they sell at the various hardware stores, but the stuff doesn't seem to do the trick. Maybe I use it too late when the weeds are already in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad