OT: Cole's OT Bar: Now serving aviations and rain

Status
Not open for further replies.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
Has anyone here taken some classes at CCAC before, if so, thoughts? I’m considering to take a coding class or two to gain skills for work (not trying to get a degree).

Probably the wrong audience, if that’s the case mods blast this post to the shadow realm.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Every time I enter a thread about RPGs and see people talking about something like Diablo I get so ****ing disappointed :laugh:
I wasn't just listing RPGs. I like that Diablo bothered you more than starcraft though :laugh: But if we want to be snobs, Baldur's gate (and all of the similar cRPGs) are way more rpg than most jRPGs. Diablo has just as much role playing as final fantasy does.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I wasn't just listing RPGs. I like that Diablo bothered you more than starcraft though :laugh: But if we want to be snobs, Baldur's gate (and all of the similar cRPGs) are way more rpg than most jRPGs. Diablo has just as much role playing as final fantasy does.

Side tangent: I hate when people use the excuse that "well, you're playing a role" to argue certain games are RPGs when they clearly aren't.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Oh a serious note...

I think I might be going deaf in my left ear. I constantly hear a beeeeeep noise in my left ear and when I watch or listen to things, higher pitch noises have a weird beeping sound in my ear.

Is that Tinnitus?

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA

Oh, I know. It's just that my mental image of the term RPG exclusively applies to JRPGs because, well, that's the only type of RPG I was aware of at the time. The gaming magazines of the day only covered console and handheld games and thus I just deemed computer games as inherently other. The good ones always got ported to console anyway, just like in the arcade. It's nay impossible to change the mindset of an adolescent gamer. PC gaming is for nerds, Nintendo is for kids, Sweet Tooth is the definition of badass, Final Fantasy is the pinnacle of human art, the Dreamcast is going to deliver the knockout punch to Nintendo.

There's a timeline where I played X-COM as a kid and became supreme godking of the PC Master Race.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
So I was stinko last night and I decided to cook some burgers. Creative kind of thinking... well inebriated thinking. I came up with a boss recipe.

I cooked 93/7 beef in a pan on stove with wooshusteschire (whatever the f*** it's called) A1, oregano, pinch of garlic powder and some honey. I stewed them for awhile but aimed for a rare-ish finish.

Then I got some ham because when I was cooking the burgers I was thinking why they called hamburgers with no ham? So I corrected that and browned some ham slices in another pan. Then I went full on coronary and decided to add some bacon.

Adds were swiss cheese, sweet relish and lettuce.

Holy hell it was heaven.

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Is this because you think I'm incompetent?
Are you knocking a wall down? I cut my kitchen wall down that was initially the outside of the house, but had a porch added on.

I'm not a competent demo guy and I did it with a friend.
The house was such an old drunk polish built wall too. There was literally 3 walls that were the structure of the house. There was the inside and middle and an exterior wall. I guess the drunk coal miners were cold in the winter they just added more walls... f***ing crazy.

Reactions: EightyOne and KIRK

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Oh, I know. It's just that my mental image of the term RPG exclusively applies to JRPGs because, well, that's the only type of RPG I was aware of at the time. The gaming magazines of the day only covered console and handheld games and thus I just deemed computer games as inherently other. The good ones always got ported to console anyway, just like in the arcade. It's nay impossible to change the mindset of an adolescent gamer. PC gaming is for nerds, Nintendo is for kids, Sweet Tooth is the definition of badass, Final Fantasy is the pinnacle of human art, the Dreamcast is going to deliver the knockout punch to Nintendo.

There's a timeline where I played X-COM as a kid and became supreme godking of the PC Master Race.
Sweet tooth is still badass. I want a new twisted metal.

Reactions: EightyOne
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad