OT: Cole's OT Bar: -18 and snow to 60 and run to 30 and rain all in one week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
One big benefit of Christmas is waking up to Cricket

I used to go to the Boxing Day test. It was always a fun day. The girl I lived with her birthday was Boxing Day too so I’d come home to a party every year.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
4f7.jpg

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
f***ing right, Merry Christmas. Here is my list of stuff im doing today. Most likely this list will be downvoted like hell on hf.
- working out
- listening to chainsmokers
- not drinking
- eating healthy
- spending a relaxing day with the fam

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
:laugh: I did have a cookie yesterday and a Mad Elf. We do our Christmas Eve party and Christmas Day is typically a relaxation day. So i had a beer and a cookie last night.

And talk about steal showing games at the family christmas eve party - jackbox.tv games were on fire. If you dig board game nights or have family events - it's a show stealing party game.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
Well I gave my family, who are all back in England, the best Christmas gift EVER.

For over 12 months I have been planning and saving for this trip. I arrived in the UK yesterday, stayed in a little B&B nearby then this morning went to my Aunt's house where my 88 year old Grandmother was.

My Aunt opened the door and couldn't believe what she was seeing. Then my Gran saw me and burst out crying, as did I. I have not seen her since October 2015.

A few hours later my Mum arrived and again, the tears flowed.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Well I gave my family, who are all back in England, the best Christmas gift EVER.

For over 12 months I have been planning and saving for this trip. I arrived in the UK yesterday, stayed in a little B&B nearby then this morning went to my Aunt's house where my 88 year old Grandmother was.

My Aunt opened the door and couldn't believe what she was seeing. Then my Gran saw me and burst out crying, as did I. I have not seen her since October 2015.

A few hours later my Mum arrived and again, the tears flowed.
Worth a double like. :D

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
****ing right, Merry Christmas. Here is my list of stuff im doing today. Most likely this list will be downvoted like hell on hf.
- working out
- listening to chainsmokers
- not drinking
- eating healthy
- spending a relaxing day with the fam
If you're eating healthy, you should have a glass of red wine. Just sayin' :D

Merry Christmas everyone.

Reactions: ColePens

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Opened gifts, spent time with family, and now just watching movies in my theatre room.

I got vetoed out of my movie choice so we are now watching a foreign film called Headshot. Same folks that made Raid and Raid 2 - neither of which I have seen.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Opened gifts, spent time with family, and now just watching movies in my theatre room.

I got vetoed out of my movie choice so we are now watching a foreign film called Headshot. Same folks that made Raid and Raid 2 - neither of which I have seen.

We watched the best DVDs of all time—laughed, cried, remembered good times...they were called the 2016 and 2017 Stanley Cup finals...

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Didn’t drink a drop of alcohol this holiday and I feel great. Honestly I can’t remenber the last time I was drunk, it’s been ages.

As for my consumption of hippie lettuce on the other hand...well....let’s just say it’s been a very green holiday season here at Casa De MetalheadPenguinsFan :laugh:

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I regret coming into work today, and what makes it worse is that I decided on doing 2 half days instead of 1 full day this week :laugh:

I'm starting my new year's resolution early, I want to start cooking more real food instead of just throwing frozen pre-cooked stuff into an oven. The problem is that I've never really done much more than throwing frozen pre-cooked stuff into an oven, so I'm interested to see how this goes. I may just learn how to make good grilled chicken and just make that every day, I certainly wouldn't get tired of it. Grilled chicken is probably my favorite food and I've never actually made it myself.

Reactions: EightyOne

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I regret coming into work today, and what makes it worse is that I decided on doing 2 half days instead of 1 full day this week :laugh:

I'm starting my new year's resolution early, I want to start cooking more real food instead of just throwing frozen pre-cooked stuff into an oven. The problem is that I've never really done much more than throwing frozen pre-cooked stuff into an oven, so I'm interested to see how this goes. I may just learn how to make good grilled chicken and just make that every day, I certainly wouldn't get tired of it. Grilled chicken is probably my favorite food and I've never actually made it myself.
cooking is super easy. If you can follow directions, measure things, and set alarms, you can cook. Just start with pretty simple recipes and then work up to either harder recipes or just making changes on your own without a recipe.

Also, half days are never the way to go. Physically getting up and going to work is 90% of what sucks about going to work. A full day in and and a full day off is always a better option unless you actually need to do things for half of each day.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
cooking is super easy. If you can follow directions measure things, and set alarms, you can cook. Just start with pretty simple recipes and then work up to either harder recipes or just making changes on your own without a recipe.

Also, half days are never the way to go. Physically getting up and going to work is 90% of what sucks about going to work. A full day in and and a full day off is always a better option unless you actually need to do things for half of each day.

A man, follow directions :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Oh thats a good one.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
cooking is super easy. If you can follow directions, measure things, and set alarms, you can cook. Just start with pretty simple recipes and then work up to either harder recipes or just making changes on your own without a recipe.

Yeah, I'm trying to cut back on pre-frozen stuff and get away from fried foods. I imagine that replacing things like chicken tenders, fries and frozen pizza with grilled chicken, mashed potatoes and homemade pizza is a lot lower in calories. Putting in more effort to eat a similar amount of healthy food sounds better than just eating less crappy food, which is why I've struggled to maintain a diet for years now.

My old roommate last night was telling me about his vegetarian diet and how it's hard to hit 2000 calories with that diet. I wouldn't do that because I don't like rabbit food, but I'll definitely try putting in more effort with cooking to cut calories. I've wanted to get better at cooking and I want to cut back on calories, so this seems like a great way to do both.

My thought was that I don't do anything in the mornings already, so working 6-10 and sleeping in until 10 isn't that much different. I then realized that I'm losing like 3+ hours of being awake at night, since I have to go to bed at like 9 for work :laugh:

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada

A crock pot is your friend. :)

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
A crock pot is your friend. :)

I've never used a crock pot before, and looking at common recipes with it, I don't know that I'd use it that often. The only time I can recall seeing a crock pot in my house was when we made sauerkraut dogs. Seeing how my diet consists of pizza, meat and potatoes, I don't know what I'd make with a crock pot :laugh:

Another idea I just had is that I can start making my own fries, as in buying a bunch of potatoes, cutting them up and freezing them. They'll get rid of a lot of the oils that come with the store stuff.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I've never used a crock pot before, and looking at common recipes with it, I don't know that I'd use it that often. The only time I can recall seeing a crock pot in my house was when we made sauerkraut dogs. Seeing how my diet consists of pizza, meat and potatoes, I don't know what I'd make with a crock pot :laugh:

Another idea I just had is that I can start making my own fries, as in buying a bunch of potatoes, cutting them up and freezing them. They'll get rid of a lot of the oils that come with the store stuff.
diet of meat and potatoes but doesn't want to use a crockpot. Dude, do you even know what a roast is? BBQ Pulled pork (or chicken if you prefer) is so good and so easy. You can literally use 3 ingredients, and one of them is water :laugh:

PS: My instant pot is so freaking awesome. Pressure cooking saves so much time. I can do a pot roast and mashed potatoes in like 30 minutes and have food for 4 or 5 meals. Though actually I go with mashed cauliflower. I haven't cooked a potato in like 2 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad