OT: Cole's OT Bar: -18 and snow to 60 and run to 30 and rain all in one week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
It's not whether I get it or not. It's more that it's awkward that two generations of ancestors are expecting me to have to spell it out for them.

Think about their generations and how they were raised though. They just likely have no clue and all of this is completely foreign to them. I'd explain once and if they don't get it, then they don't get it.

(Yes I'm generalizing generations)

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Meh they're cos-players that like dressing up as anthropomorphic animals. I don't really have an issue with them.

Speaking of furries, Isabelle is awesome in Smash Bros. Level 9 computers in Ultimate are an absolute ***** in this game, but I'm on a 10 game win streak with her right now. Just gotta spam the gyroid and fishing rod and mix in some dash attacks and aerials here and there, that's how you play as Isabelle. It's hard to get kills with her though and I think they made her slower with the new update, those are the big things I've noticed with her.

I don't have an issue with them or cosplayers. I just don't get it. :laugh:

Isabelle kicked my ass when I tried to unlock her but she hasn't been too bad as a computer since.

Reactions: Empoleon8771

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
Think about their generations and how they were raised though. They just likely have no clue and all of this is completely foreign to them. I'd explain once and if they don't get it, then they don't get it.

My father seems to have much more of a clue than one might think. He says that this family has a long history with it. He just can't keep up with who is what, in the generation past his. And even then, it doesn't bother him, as long as it's not me.

My Grandfather on the other hand. He doesn't hate, he just doesn't have the capacity for all the 21st century nuance now that he's 90+ years old.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I don't have an issue with them or cosplayers. I just don't get it. :laugh:

Isabelle kicked my ass when I tried to unlock her but she hasn't been too bad as a computer since.

My big question is why you'd want to spend that much money on glorified costumes more so than why you'd want to do that :laugh:

I'd never be interested in any sort of cosplay or anything like that. My sister is huge into anime cosplay all of a sudden, I make fun of her all of the time for being a weeb. I understand stuff like furries and weebs up until they start spending money on costumes, that's where they lose me. I don't even see anything weird with things like having a fursona/anime OC, it just gets weird when you break out your credit card to start buying costumes :laugh:

Idk, I'm definitely friendly towards the furry community because I love the art and I love anthropomorphic TV shows and movies (Zootopia is the 2nd best Disney movie after The Lion King, don't @ me). I definitely see the appeal until you start spending real money. How can't you like gifs like these:

https://external-preview.redd.it/mp...p4?s=d854dcb44b69a890f6c2d1d3085369daae9db102

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
My big question is why you'd want to spend that much money on glorified costumes more so than why you'd want to do that :laugh:

I'd never be interested in any sort of cosplay or anything like that. My sister is huge into anime cosplay all of a sudden, I make fun of her all of the time for being a weeb. I understand stuff like furries and weebs up until they start spending money on costumes, that's where they lose me. I don't even see anything weird with things like having a fursona/anime OC, it just gets weird when you break out your credit card to start buying costumes :laugh:

Idk, I'm definitely friendly towards the furry community because I love the art and I love anthropomorphic TV shows and movies (Zootopia is the 2nd best Disney movie after The Lion King, don't @ me). I definitely see the appeal until you start spending real money. How can't you like gifs like these:

https://external-preview.redd.it/mp...p4?s=d854dcb44b69a890f6c2d1d3085369daae9db102

This is just me, of course, and isn't meant to speak for anybody else.

In 2013-2014, it helped me work out some issues that could have spun off in a very different direction otherwise.

Reactions: Empoleon8771

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Sade, smooth operate or Enya, sail away?
Youtube is smart for this grouping, but which is better?

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Sade > Enya, ezpz.

Disagree. I'm on to Ke dollar sign ha, now anyway... maybe she sucked way back when, but now time seems to lessen the suck. The production is obviously on point as with all caliwood trash. But she aint horrible singing / talk singing.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
FaceTime with the family in Australia. My brother is wasted :laugh:

I do miss Christmas in the summer.

I can relate. When I was in the military and in Honduras, I slept, showered, and walked around in shorts looking at palm tree's. It was incredible. I'm polish and my blood lets me function in the cold, but I don't like it. I'm optimal in the warmth. Even with that thick nasty air you get from the constant warmth. Dust and rot just float in the air.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Meh they're cos-players that like dressing up as anthropomorphic animals. I don't really have an issue with them.

Speaking of furries, Isabelle is awesome in Smash Bros. Level 9 computers in Ultimate are an absolute ***** in this game, but I'm on a 10 game win streak with her right now. Just gotta spam the gyroid and fishing rod and mix in some dash attacks and aerials here and there, that's how you play as Isabelle. It's hard to get kills with her though and I think they made her slower with the new update, those are the big things I've noticed with her.
Isabelle is so infuriating. That said I have more games with Lucas than anyone, so I have no room to talk :laugh: he's actually really good I think. Dk too actually. Heavys are so much more viable in this one.

Common Sense

Dec 29, 2010
Are there any guides to getting good at Smash Bros that show the universal movement and attacking options I need to know? Bonus points if written in plain English for a beginner and not using terminology that the people use who have been playing since Melee.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Are there any guides to getting good at Smash Bros that show the universal movement and attacking options I need to know? Bonus points if written in plain English for a beginner and not using terminology that the people use who have been playing since Melee.
I saw one the other day. When I get home I'll try to find it. It was on the smash Bros subreddit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->