OT: Cole's OT Bar: -18 and snow to 60 and run to 30 and rain all in one week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
I have far too many games on the Switch. At least I recently finished Gris and Oxenfree. Gris was just beautiful and Oxenfree had a really cool story. Just started up Celeste yesterday. I think these smaller games are more enjoyable for me at this point in my life. I haven't come close to finishing Mario Odyssey, Breath of the Wild, Doom, ... Twilight Princess.

Reactions: ColePens

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I have far too many games on the Switch. At least I recently finished Gris and Oxenfree. Gris was just beautiful and Oxenfree had a really cool story. Just started up Celeste yesterday. I think these smaller games are more enjoyable for me at this point in my life. I haven't come close to finishing Mario Odyssey, Breath of the Wild, Doom, ... Twilight Princess.
I like both types of games, but I really do like a lot of smaller games. I can't get through mediocre big games anymore. They need to be great to keep me playing.

Celeste is one of my favorite platformers in a long time. It's really hard, but really fun. And the quick respawning in the same room makes it way less frustrating than it could be.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Me trying to plan out a bike ride for tomorrow when I go home makes me remember why I hate the suburbs :laugh:

In Pittsburgh, I have so many options to go on super long rides, I can do 30+ mile rides with ease (as in being able to throw together a route). Back home? I'm struggling to make a 10 mile ride just because of how little **** there is around me. This is one of many reasons I never want to live in a suburb unless it's a suburb that's basically a city.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Me trying to plan out a bike ride for tomorrow when I go home makes me remember why I hate the suburbs :laugh:

In Pittsburgh, I have so many options to go on super long rides, I can do 30+ mile rides with ease (as in being able to throw together a route). Back home? I'm struggling to make a 10 mile ride just because of how little **** there is around me. This is one of many reasons I never want to live in a suburb unless it's a suburb that's basically a city.
can't you just bike wherever in the suburbs since there's so much less traffic and whatnot? Where are you?

edit: I guess I'm thinking of where I grew up, which I suppose is probably considered country instead of suburb.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
can't you just bike wherever in the suburbs since there's so much less traffic and whatnot? Where are you?

edit: I guess I'm thinking of where I grew up, which I suppose is probably considered country instead of suburb.

The problem is that the only roads around my old house are dangerous roads to bike on, since people drive like assholes on them :laugh:

I mostly like biking on side roads, and I tend to only use major roads (like Penn, Fifth and Forbes) to jump from one side road to another. Around home doesn't have that, there are like 2 major roads and a couple of neighborhoods spread out, but that's about it. Not only that, but I'm pretty sure there are no side walks and definitely no bike lanes, so there's basically no way you can bike on those roads.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
Got off the train and went to the pizza place I used all the time I was in Preston. Oh my God, the pizza is still delicious and the garlic bread will kill all vampires within a 100 mile radius

Last edited:
Reactions: EightyOne

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Reactions: EightyOne

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
That's a nice shot!
Thanks. I had never seen a pine marten before. I've seen other mustelids like weasels, minks, fishers, otters, etc... but never a marten. Hell, I used to own a ferret. I'm still waiting to check off a badger and wolverine from my list (that last one is going to be very very difficult). Yes, my bucket list involves seeing/photographing certain wildlife. As you can imagine, I really like the outdoors.

You can right click it for the picture of the moose. Fitting with how well Murray has played lately.

Reactions: DegenX

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
Thanks. I had never seen a pine marten before. I've seen other mustelids like weasels, minks, fishers, otters, etc... but never a marten. Hell, I used to own a ferret. I'm still waiting to check off a badger and wolverine from my list (that last one is going to be very very difficult). Yes, my bucket list involves seeing/photographing certain wildlife. As you can imagine, I really like the outdoors.

You can right click it for the picture of the moose. Fitting with how well Murray has played lately.
That's some nice photography and editing. Good luck with capturing the rest of the critters on your list. Personally, I've enjoyed today playing in/with the snow, but I like going back in to my nice warm house when I'm cold. I like nature, I grew up on the edge of a national forest, but I've always appreciated sleeping in a comfy bed as opposed to camping. I'm totally OK with living vicariously through pictures like yours ;)

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
That's some nice photography and editing. Good luck with capturing the rest of the critters on your list. Personally, I've enjoyed today playing in/with the snow, but I like going back in to my nice warm house when I'm cold. I like nature, I grew up on the edge of a national forest, but I've always appreciated sleeping in a comfy bed as opposed to camping. I'm totally OK with living vicariously through pictures like yours ;)
I enjoy sleeping in a bed too. Nothing feels better than to collapse onto your own bed after days of sleeping on the ground. This time wasn't exactly roughing it though, we stayed in a yurt that had an electric heater. The heater couldn't keep up as it got to below -30 celsius the last night but still warmer than if we had stayed in a tent. Warm sleeping bags and lots of layers were a must though. I think some of my favourite memories have come during times when I've been uncomfortable or have suffered a little. Might not seem enjoyable in some of the moments, then you get to a spot where the view is just beautiful or you spot wildlife you'd otherwise never see.

I'd actually much rather do things outside in the winter than in the summer. In July and August when temps can get over 40 degrees, I'm pretty much just working every day. You can dress for the cold, not much can be done when it's gross and muggy. Go swimming, that's about it.

Reactions: DegenX

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I think my place would be pretty competitive with Pittsburgh area. 3bd 2bth 1200sqft at about $350k.

Not ALL of California is ****ed up. Just most of it. Lol.

Personally I need rain and seasons even though I dislike the cold and dreary. Plus california is way way way way way too expensive and for what? Nah.

ADD:
Is this the football thread for the day ? I get confused which it is. Other one is steelers talk mostly.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Vancouver has rain every 2nd day on average. Over 57 inches for the year.

That is a lot. My area got over 60 inches of precipitation this year a record breaking year. Mostly all rain too aside from 12 inches of freak snowstorm in november.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->