OT: Cole's DJ Booth - Butterjoint Burgers Only

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
My marinade usually starts out with balsamic and red wine vinegar, soy and Worcestershire sauce then smashed garlic cloves, honey, onion powder, celery salt. Those are usually my only consents when making it. I've tried a bunch of other ingredients to varying degrees of success (mustard- yellow and Dijon, mustard powder, cumin, fennel, all kinds of different herbs, ginger, Old Bay, paprika, chili powder to name a few).

I think tonight I'll try out-

Balsamic Vinegar
Rice Vinegar
Soy Sauce
Worcestershire Sauce
Kosher Salt
4-5 sliced garlic cloves
Honey (2 second squeeze)
Splash of lemon juice

If I was doing it for just myself, I'd certainly add some pepper and/or heat, but my wife is not too keen on hot food and can usually tell when I try to slip some fresh black pepper in.

I might think about toying with some apple cider vinegar instead of one of the other ones as well. I know it usually works amazingly for pork. I'm not so sure about red meat though. Maybe I'll have to do some quick research.

My marinade for red meat is easy. Maggi seasoning sauce and paprika. It’s really good.

My friend when he makes a roast cuts slits and puts a clove of garlic in each one. Not sure how many he does but it’s amazing.

If you ever use pineapple in stuffing make sure it’s not fresh pineapple. It has an enzyme to break down proteins and the meat will just be gooey around it. Canned pineapple is fine.

Reactions: Peat

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Since I'm working from home until the surgery, it seems that I'll be cooking again! :)

I just bought groceries for the first time in months. Just stuff for breakfast (eggs, muffins, oatmeal, granola bars), lunch sammiches (bread, turkey, cheese, mustard), and salads (mixed greens, corn, chickpeas, salsa, guacamole, white onion). I also bought quinoa for some reason.

I'm so happy to no longer be eating gas station food for two meals a day. But never paying for food was nice.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
So I have a pretty bad case of Strepthroat, saw the doc, looked at my tonsils/etc and was like "whoa that is pretty bad"...not encouraging. All they give me is Amoxicillin, the duct tape of "here, this will fix it"..She's like "This might give you diarrhea." No, my body will 100% allow it to give me diarrhea because it ALWAYS reacts to it that way with this medicine.

This sucks. Who gets Strepthroat anymore?

Keto definitely worked for me, but I didn't stick with it long term. The best thing Keto did for me was force me to learn a ton of healthier alternatives to carbs. I'm not actually doing Keto anymore, but I also don't eat bread, rice, or pasta with every single meal anymore :laugh:

I have celiac so bread and pasta are not an option for me and gluten free versions of either is pretty crap. My carb intake is like a small bit of rice sometimes. It's hard to avoid when your gf is asian.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
I have celiac so bread and pasta are not an option for me and gluten free versions of either is pretty crap. My carb intake is like a small bit of rice sometimes. It's hard to avoid when your gf is asian.

One of my ex’s was Asian. If she stayed over on weekends she’d make steak and rice for breakfast. At first I was weirded out but after we broke up it’s what I missed the most (well 2nd most ;)).

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
One of my ex’s was Asian. If she stayed over on weekends she’d make steak and rice for breakfast. At first I was weirded out but after we broke up it’s what I missed the most (well 2nd most ;)).

Haha...yeah she has this habit from when she was living at home, where she always has rice made in the rice cooker, she will put it in and leave it all day and then do it every day.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
I am playing a dangerous game of russian roulette with my farts.
CPKUCUh.gif

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
You know, I just binge watched this show. I felt weird thinking she was hot, then my gf Imdb'd her and was like "whoa she's like mid 20's.." then I didn't feel so bad. The Turd Burglar season was meh though.
It's in my queue, but I haven't watched it yet. I wound up watching the Magicians instead, then started the books which I've had forever. Oddly, so far I like the show better.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Jesus ****ing christ, is nothing sacred anymore?

First they ruin Hawaii Five-O.
Then they destroy MacGuyver.
They also took a giant dump on S.W.A.T
Now they have desecrated my beloved Magnum PI?

**** you hollywood. I hope the next scandal burns hollywood to the ground.
I damn near lost my mind when I saw the Magnum trailer. What a highly offensive steaming pile.

I wish nothing but failure for everyone involved in that atrocity.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I damn near lost my mind when I saw the Magnum trailer. What a highly offensive steaming pile.

I wish nothing but failure for everyone involved in that atrocity.

Yeah, you just know they are going to make Magnum and Higgins boink. Higgins being a woman is some idiotic narrative to push more diverse roles, which could have been done in so many ways which would not have ruined that character. Not only that, no mustache, also a reboot that was not needed but if they were going to, cast it better.

Like why couldn't they have a bad ass female character that takes the piss from Magnum? Why did they have to gender swap Higgins? I hate that. That's like "Hey, let's make A-Team, but cast Rosie O'Donnnell as Hannibal, we're so with the times!"

No, they're idiots.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
It's in my queue, but I haven't watched it yet. I wound up watching the Magicians instead, then started the books which I've had forever. Oddly, so far I like the show better.

My gf is doing the opposite with Magicians. She thinks the book is better than the show but hasn't seen the show so I'm like "how do you figure it's better" and her reply is "it just is."

I watched the first season of Magicians, it was pretty decent. Never read the book so I don't know if it's good or not. But I have heard the show is better from a lot of people.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Yeah, you just know they are going to make Magnum and Higgins boink. Higgins being a woman is some idiotic narrative to push more diverse roles, which could have been done in so many ways which would not have ruined that character. Not only that, no mustache, also a reboot that was not needed but if they were going to, cast it better.

Like why couldn't they have a bad ass female character that takes the piss from Magnum? Why did they have to gender swap Higgins? I hate that. That's like "Hey, let's make A-Team, but cast Rosie O'Donnnell as Hannibal, we're so with the times!"

No, they're idiots.
Yup. These people have no idea what they're doing and are just clinging to gimmicks and riding people's coattails.

Series rundown...
A bunch of CG garbage. TC is going to get it on with Higgins and she'll get pregnant. More CG garbage. Magnum will get jealous and it will tear their friendship apart. The series will end showing a mustacheless, lonely, emasculated Magnum babysitting... fade to black.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Yup. These people have no idea what they're doing and are just clinging to gimmicks and riding people's coattails.

Series rundown...
A bunch of CG garbage. TC is going to get it on with Higgins and she'll get pregnant. More CG garbage. Magnum will get jealous and it will tear their friendship apart. The series will end showing a mustacheless, lonely, emasculated Magnum babysitting... fade to black.

In his Ferrari.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017

No, they're idiots.

None for you Higgins :laugh:

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Speaking of jobs, I was just talking to my sister about her changing jobs, and it made me realize that my company offers garbage pay compared to other companies :laugh:

She's getting offers of $80k from various automotive companies as an entry level mechanical engineer, I don't even know if I'd hit $80k by the time I finish my master's degree in 3 years.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
You know, I just binge watched this show. I felt weird thinking she was hot, then my gf Imdb'd her and was like "whoa she's like mid 20's.." then I didn't feel so bad. The Turd Burglar season was meh though.
season 2 was great. not as funny as the first, but I think it was still really good. Just different. Demarcus was such a good character.

imo American Vandal is the best of the Netflix originals. It's so much better than it has any right to be.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Speaking of jobs, I was just talking to my sister about her changing jobs, and it made me realize that my company offers garbage pay compared to other companies :laugh:

She's getting offers of $80k from various automotive companies as an entry level mechanical engineer, I don't even know if I'd hit $80k by the time I finish my master's degree in 3 years.
is your company private or technically a government job?

ps I should become an engineer and upgrade to an entry level job.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
Waiting to have my follow up xray to check if the pneumonia has gone.

Hope it’s gone. Do you feel it has? I’m seeing an associate doctor of the guy the helped Sid with his neck issue with his concussion. Kinda exciting to see if they can help. Sid’s doctor was fully booked for the year :(

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
Hope it’s gone. Do you feel it has? I’m seeing an associate doctor of the guy the helped Sid with his neck issue with his concussion. Kinda exciting to see if they can help. Sid’s doctor was fully booked for the year :(
Not fully. I am still coughing but nowhere near as bad as it was. I hope if it hasnot 100% cleared I get another dose of antibiotics. I need this killed!

What are your neck issues? Trapped nerve?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
is your company private or technically a government job?

ps I should become an engineer and upgrade to an entry level job.

It's privately owned but government contracted. So it's basically government.

The biggest thing that bothers me is something I learned today. They claim to pay exactly average for major engineering firms in the area, but it's actually below average because they promote you before you get to average. You're consistently in the 80%-95% range of the average engineer in Pittsburgh at all levels, but they say they pay "average" because their salary ranges go from 20% below average to 20% above average. It's just that no one ever gets to average or above. I think I'd have to get to advanced engineer to get to $80k, which is absolute garbage. That's 2 levels above entry level for clarity.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
Not fully. I am still coughing but nowhere near as bad as it was. I hope if it hasnot 100% cleared I get another dose of antibiotics. I need this killed!

What are your neck issues? Trapped nerve?

I have had neck problems for almost 2 years that won’t go away. Got hit in the head by a falling tree then 6 weeks later got bad whiplash after being hit by a semi. Nothing has cleared it up fully. I have heard that this place really investigate what’s going on and have the experience to pick up on things others might not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad