Player Discussion: Cole Perfetti 10th OA Pick - signed ELC 9/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Another solid outing by Cole. Picked up another assist and had a few good looks.

His zone entries must have been above 80% tonight as him gaining the zone with control was pretty automatic.

I was really impressed with his board play and defensive coverage. He won a number if battles for pucks or shut things down.

It was another game he can take some positives from and continue to build as ca.p progresses.

None

Feb 22, 2012
It'll be interesting to see how the lines shake out on Team Canada because I think Perfetti has been getting significantly more minutes than his linemates thus far.

That hip check was beautiful.

O'Rourke lined up Dach perfectly. Most of the NHL probably couldn't hit that clean.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
He is reminding me of Bogosian :laugh:

Sadly that comp isn't all that far off. I still have yet to see much of a toolbox from him. When the comp ratchets up he isnt able to physically dominate his peers and is taken out of the game.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
It'll be interesting to see how the lines shake out on Team Canada because I think Perfetti has been getting significantly more minutes than his linemates thus far.

O'Rourke lined up Dach perfectly. Most of the NHL probably couldn't hit that clean.

They were down a LW tonight so that might explain why he took some double shifts.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
I didn't get the chance to watch either game. But based on the comments, it sounds like Perfetti has had an excellent few games.

Man, am I stoked to have drafted him at 10. He should have went higher in the draft (but glad he didn't).

Reactions: Ginger Papa

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
Bryan Little was the definition of a 2nd line center.

Management can't predict that he would get a puck in the ear 7 games in to the season and end his career. It's nearly impossible to just pluck one out of thin air midseason as well without massive implications.

Stastny is honestly the best case scenario.
If he was a legit 2C, they wouldn’t have shipped off their 1st 2 years in a row to bring in a 2C and saved the assets.

Reactions: hn777

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
So how do you think they are evaluating play. I’ll watch the game again but I didn’t have any standouts except Bynum.

No idea. I think Cole has established a pretty solid foundation of being responsible defensively while doing a real good job of pushing play out of his end and into the offensive zone. Now he really just needs to kick it up a notch or two offensively. I would think the coach would be pretty happy with a lot of what he is showing right now.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
No idea. I think Cole has established a pretty solid foundation of being responsible defensively while doing a real good job of pushing play out of his end and into the offensive zone. Now he really just needs to kick it up a notch or two offensively. I would think the coach would be pretty happy with a lot of what he is showing right now.
He isn’t a typical bottom 6 guy who is fast and hits hard like Poulin. He doesn’t beat out the older guys like Dach Brees for top 6.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
He isn’t a typical bottom 6 guy who is fast and hits hard like Poulin. He doesn’t beat out the older guys like Dach Brees for top 6.

Well he is competing for a LW slot and Canada is likely going to run 3 scoring lines given the centers they have. He is likely competing against McMichael, Krebs and Newhook for one of those top 3 LW slots.

McMichael is an automatic as a returning player an imo Perfetti has been better then Krebs, Newhook is still in quarantine.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Well he is competing for a LW slot and Canada is likely going to run 3 scoring lines given the centers they have. He is likely competing against McMichael, Krebs and Newhook for one of those top 3 LW slots.

McMichael is an automatic as a returning player an imo Perfetti has been better then Krebs, Newhook is still in quarantine.

How I would see it atm:

Perfetti Dach
McMichael Cozens
Krebs Byfield

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I think Perfetti has been one of the better forwards in the two scrimmages, but he doesn't play a fast, physical, pressure game that many coaches prefer. What he does well is anticipate play extremely well, so he has the puck a lot (especially for a winger), and he makes very good plays with the puck. I think he's in tough to make a very good team, but his play has been very encouraging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad