Proposal: Cole for Cowen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
They're saying on Hockey Night In Canada that Leafs are willing to to take back a contract for Cowen. How would you feel about Cole for Cowen? If Cowen doesn't impress this season, he can be bought out and we could receive a "cap credit" for next season. If it's a one for one, I'd do it for sure. If we have to add much, then no.

Snooki Stackhouse

Dec 6, 2007
Pittsburgh
I've heard about the cap credit but would ownership still be on the hook for salary? Can they afford it given their reported meager profits and attempt at a sale?

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I've heard about the cap credit but would ownership still be on the hook for salary? Can they afford it given their reported meager profits and attempt at a sale?

Could they afford it? Easily.
Is it worth the momentary cap credit? Probably not. The cap credit would only be for next year, I think it'd stick us with a slight bit of dead cap space in 17-18, and the team would need to pay a couple million to open up what accounts to ~1% of the salary cap while being for sale.

I don't see Cowen being anything more than a #7, so...snore. I've been tough on Cole, but he's a better player and I'd bet more on him being able to bounce back than Cowen.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
One project on Defense a season please. If no Schultz, I would have been ok with Cowen and I like Cowen's snarl but he's not that gritty all the time so basically, like Cole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad