Prospect Info: Cole Fonstad (June 1st 2020: Rights expired)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frankc

Jan 9, 2005
Montreal
Anyone watching games from him? He's been on fire lately and was wondering if he's just being more lucky or if his game has stepped up.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
He's on a stacked team. Once his pro career starts, we will get a better indication as to what he's going to bring.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
He's on a stacked team. Once his pro career starts, we will get a better indication as to what he's going to bring.

I thought he looked really good in the playoffs vs a stacked Moose Jaw team. But we'll see how he does next year as the team will lose their top 3 scorers from this year (Fonstad being 4th) and I assume Scott will be gone as well. Granted I don't know much about PA but I assume they won't be nearly as good next year although I could be wrong as i've only seen them twice this year and haven't really followed them much as I focus much more on Laval, the NCAA and Romanov/Olofsson.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Our boy Fonzie matched his goal production from last year in 21 less games. His assists numbers are down, though.

He's been heating up, I'm looking forward to a great memorial cup run for him.

It's nice to see. I think his game could be translatable unlike McShane who despite his production of late I'm just going to keep telling myself that he'll bust (as much as a 4th rounder can bust) unless he gets the skating going. Too bad. Love McShane's skill set.

And by translatable I think he at least can be an NHLer probably not a top 6er though.

Reactions: Mrb1p

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Our boy Fonzie matched his goal production from last year in 21 less games. His assists numbers are down, though.

He's been heating up, I'm looking forward to a great memorial cup run for him.
I heard that his coach said he was a more complete of a player this year though.

Last edited:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
We'll see how the season ends up for him, I like that he's hit a career high in goals but being on the top team in the WHL I expected him to put up big numbers. That said I'm interested to see how he does next year when PA loses a lot of it's firepower. What I hope to see him work on this summer is adding mass and strength especially lower body in a big way. Over the next several years, if he can add a significant amount of strength and a good amount of mass they might have a very solid prospect on their hands.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
We'll see how the season ends up for him, I like that he's hit a career high in goals but being on the top team in the WHL I expected him to put up big numbers. That said I'm interested to see how he does next year when PA loses a lot of it's firepower. What I hope to see him work on this summer is adding mass and strength especially lower body in a big way. Over the next several years, if he can add a significant amount of strength and a good amount of mass they might have a very solid prospect on their hands.
The stacked team argument doesn't work much as he was buried down the depth chart.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
The stacked team argument doesn't work much as he was buried down the depth chart.

he's played at times on the top line, and even still on the bottom lines he likely wouldn't be facing teams top defensive players. Either way he needs to produce at a high level, as you don't want to see him regress from last years totals on a clearly much better team. I don't get why he was at times on the bottom lines when he's been one of their top scorers.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
He's probably on the radar for Team Canada Junior next year? Who between McShane, Hillis and Fonstad have a better chance to crack that roster?

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
He's probably on the radar for Team Canada Junior next year? Who between McShane, Hillis and Fonstad have a better chance to crack that roster?

I doubt any of those 3 will, but if I'd have to chose one it would be McShane.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

All 3 should be on their radar since they played at the U-18's but not sure if they have done enough to get invited to summer camp. Hillis I assume he won't due to missing so much time and having a disappointing year but if he breaks out at the start of next season it should get him on Team OHL and then if he impresses hopefully the winter camp.

I'd have to look at who's back and who they could invite to see how good their chances are of being invited to the summer camp. Plus we need to see how they end the year of course as a strong playoffs could help a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad