Cole Caufield potential.

What is Cole Caufield potential?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
If thats your argument, then I guess you think that any high end prospects/young player has 100 pts potential?

The Lafreniere, Byfield, Caufield, Zegras, Kakko, Svechnikov, Suzuki, Newhook, Farabee, etc. all have 100 pts potential?

At that point the word potential becomes meaningless. The word potential should only be used if that player has a decent chance to reach it, not if he has a 5% chance.
It's larger than 5% imo. Svech? Yes
The others they haven't impressed me as much as caufield granted it's way too early on

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Why did he do to show that he has 100 pt potential?

Players who hit 100 pts in the last 15 years:
Crosby, Draisaitl, Kane, kucherov, Marchand, Mcdavid, Giroux, Malkin, Sedin twins, Ovechkin, and Backstrom.

If Caufield goes near ppg next season, then you can start making that argument, but right now its ludicrous to think that Caufield will end up as good as the players mentionned above.

The only prospects who gets to have 100 pt potential before playing in the nhl are those that are considered ultra special like Mcdavid and Bedard.

I get your point, but he's ahead of Kucherov and Giroux at the same age.
On the other hand, no one though they'd reach 50-100 either.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
DeBrincat 2.0 seemed obvious from his draft year.

I took this as 'peak potential' so I voted 70-80, though I'd say 50-60 & 60-70 is more realistic.

I don't think he'll drive a team's offense, but could definitely be relied upon for 30 goals (give or take) & be a multi-time 40 goal scorer.
And i believe he will always have more assist than goals in those seasons So if you think he will have multi-time 40 goal seasons and i think he will have more assist in those same season than your first of 70-80 was the right choice. This guys IQ is unreal. He can pass that puck. Smart with the puck. We were so lucky to get him. Thanks to the other 14 teams that passed on him.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Caufield has 5 career points (regular season) and he’s been extremely impressive while the others haven’t? Come on, this is 100% your fandom talking
keep stat watching.

I don't care about the points total. Hes been extremely impressive in his first 24 games or so. He literally has impressed everyone out there. Only haters, deniers, and jealous fans think otherwise.

Im not saying he will be a superstar nor do I expect it. I don't. Mtl has never had a superstar on offense but if any one player on the habs gives me hope of finally landing one its Caufield.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
keep stat watching.

I don't care about the points total. Hes been extremely impressive in his first 24 games or so. He literally has impressed everyone out there. Only haters, deniers, and jealous fans think otherwise.

Im not saying he will be a superstar nor do I expect it. I don't. Mtl has never had a superstar on offense but if any one player on the habs gives me hope of finally landing one its Caufield.
My problem isnt that you think Caufield is impressive, it’s that you don’t think any of those other young players are…

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
My problem isnt that you think Caufield is impressive, it’s that you don’t think any of those other young players are…
I didnt say they weren't impressive.
I said they haven't impressed me as much Caufield

Big difference. Read more carefully please

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
I didnt say they weren't impressive.
I said they haven't impressed me as much Caufield

Big difference. Read more carefully please
I maintain the only reason you think Caufield has larger chance at becoming a 100 point player than Lafreniere, Byfield, Kakko, Farabee, Zegras is fandom.

Saxon

Mar 9, 2015
GettyImages_1147405522.jpg

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Montreal with 4 guys in the top-26 for best PPG among rookies who played at least 10 playoffs games in a single season (since 2005-06)

NHL Stats

Suzuki 14th
S. Kostitsyn 16th
Caufield 25th
Subban 26th

Ville Leino 1st on that list (Makar and Quinn Hughes 2nd and 3rd last year damn)

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
I get your point, but he's ahead of Kucherov and Giroux at the same age.
On the other hand, no one though they'd reach 50-100 either.

Please never mention Kuch with Caulfield again.

This "ahead" crap is hilarious on here.

Like all players are the same in linear growth.

Kuch is special. Cole was fun last year on that cinderella run.

He's meh to me overall.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Please never mention Kuch with Caulfield again.

This "ahead" crap is hilarious on here.

Like all players are the same in linear growth.

Kuch is special. Cole was fun last year on that cinderella run.

He's meh to me overall.

I was being factual; sorry if that hurts you or something.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
I was being factual; sorry if that hurts you or something.

On such a small samples size...you think that really means anything?

Better question, do you think all players develpmoent is linear(meaning they follow exactly the same path)?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
For what it’s worth, CC is a goal scorer and like most goal scorers he’s going to have dry times, I think he still ends up with 8 maybe 9 goals this year

Reactions: Ace Card Bedard
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad