Prospect Info: Cole Caufield (Part 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Playing with Suzuki isn't bad either. Suzuki isn't McDavid or MacKinnon, but he is going to be a star C. He's too smart to not being a dominant player in this league. One of the best hockey IQ in NHL.

Reactions: Andrei79

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
If Caufield was off the board, I bet Newhook would have been the pick.

Thank goodness TT and MB erroneously thought we were set at center and din't need any more centers at that point, with Domi fresh off his 72 point season, Kk having had a great rookie year, Danault, and Suzuki and Poehling on the way.

We know how they draft for need.

Reactions: DramaticGloveSave

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
That's a very deep draft and I would have been happy with any of Caufield, Newhook or Krebs. I actually couldn't believe that all three were still available (Maybe Krebs because of the injury concerns). Having said that, I really wanted Caufield from the start as we haven't had a scorer like him for ages. I was jealous playing against teams who had star players picking the corners from the hash marks.

Excited to see how much he can continue to develop.

Reactions: Dutronc and cphabs

Max2

Nov 17, 2013
Caufield needs to play with the best passer and setup guy on the team.He's not being placed with the right players to utilize his skill which is that crazy shot. There's a reason why he's been so good at 3 on 3....lots of ice and he gets the puck easily . It reminds me about how we was misused during his fist world juniors playing with those two crash and bang guys who didn't pass the puck

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
Caufield needs to play with the best passer and setup guy on the team.He's not being placed with the right players to utilize his skill which is that crazy shot. There's a reason why he's been so good at 3 on 3....lots of ice and he gets the puck easily . It reminds me about how we was misused during his fist world juniors playing with those two crash and bang guys who didn't pass the puck

+1000" you're obviously right" points to this guy.

Reactions: Max2

Max2

Nov 17, 2013
+1000" you're obviously right" points to this guy.
Sometimes it seems like the hab's coaching staff have no coaching experience. If Caufield were with Tampa Bay or Colorado he would probably have 5 regulation goals already.The kid is so damn skilled and has one of the most vicious shots in hockey.He's 5 foot nothing so he's not gonna crash and bang and make plays on his own from the corners etc.He needs a setup man so that he can be the trigger man.He needs to play with the most skilled passer we have.If not,he may as well be sent down again so that he can be utilized properly down there.

habdynasty

May 26, 2008
He needs an Adam Oates setup guy. I liked the Domi trade but I also liked his passing.

Reactions: Max2

Max2

Nov 17, 2013
I hate that passive mindset that the hab's coaching staff have had for years now: playing scared and playing not to lose.Also the passive pk is atrocious where the puck handler is not pressured and the team just sits back and lets the opposition set up and play low to the goalie.That doesn't work against skilled shooters like Matthews etc. I'm always shouting at the tv on the pk and telling them to go after them go after them! lol

CheldishGamibno

Turtles & Refrigerators
Aug 19, 2006
Mute City
Sometimes it seems like the hab's coaching staff have no coaching experience. If Caufield were with Tampa Bay or Colorado he would probably have 5 regulation goals already.The kid is so damn skilled and has one of the most vicious shots in hockey.He's 5 foot nothing so he's not gonna crash and bang and make plays on his own from the corners etc.He needs a setup man so that he can be the trigger man.He needs to play with the most skilled passer we have.If not,he may as well be sent down again so that he can be utilized properly down there.
No, he obviously needs to learn the defensive basics of hockey playing with zero offensive IQ Danault, even though he's a pure offensive weapon.
The Habs organization is a joke, and has been a joke for the last 25 years.
I've seen that coming from the moment he's been drafted lol

Max2

Nov 17, 2013
No, he obviously needs to learn the defensive basics of hockey playing with zero offensive IQ Danault, even though he's a pure offensive weapon.
The Habs organization is a joke, and has been a joke for the last 25 years.
I've seen that coming from the moment he's been drafted lol
It's funny you mention that as I was thinking this kid was drafted because he scores goals and the habs will try to make him into a boring two way center like Danault or a Lars Eller type. Don't get me wrong,those guys are very important players but when you have a young guy like Caufield with what could possibly become the best shot in the world of hockey,you utilize that skill alone 100%. Why bother drafting him if not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad