Prospect Info: Cole Caufield (Part 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

First Line

There’s something about Marty
Aug 21, 2002
I still think "Billy" is the best choice. He was also a small young kid who was easy to under-rate. And probably the most dangerous shooter of all time. Although anyone who has a .22 of that make, would have a hard time not calling him "Colt Caufield"

And crafty! Here the coolest story about theBilly the kid:
As the story goes, a drunk named Joe Grant was terrorizing the bar’s patrons and threatening to kill someone before the night was out. Sensing trouble, the Kid casually approached Grant and remarked, “That’s a mighty nice looking six-shooter you got.” He then slipped Grant’s gun out of its holster, spun its cylinder so that its next shot would be an empty chamber, and handed it back. Later that evening, Grant pulled the same pistol on the Kid and tried to shoot him in the back. When it didn’t fire, the Kid drew his own gun and shot Grant dead”

Reactions: Holystik

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I think it was a bad idea to call him up. But then I think anything the bin man does ie a bad idea, so I might be a little prejudice.

It is going to save Bergy's job and give him a contract extension. Molson will remember the CC hype, and the with no fans.. Molson can't hear the boos in the rink. Perfect scenario for Bergy, covid saved his job. So much to blame rather than his mismanagement. He can say to Jeff, forget the Sergachev trade, and maybe we drafted the wrong kid with the 3rd overall pick in Kotkaniemi, did you see Cole's goal?

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
I can tell you that many montrealers and habs fans parents gonna call their new born child Cole.

Reactions: sj315

The Price is Right

Jul 3, 2008
I met Tevor Timmins at the Ivan Hlinka tournament in Czech Republic and asked him about CC. It was the summer after they drafted him and he told me "Biggest steal in the draft". 2 years later he could be 100% right

Koivu11

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
KK should take notice.

Even though he plays with inferior teammates, he finds a way to create something and make a impact. That’s what good player do.
That’s what I don’t see with KK..

He’s an alright player but doesn’t step up in big moments. Not what you want in a third overall pick.

Reactions: Habs Icing

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I met Tevor Timmins at the Ivan Hlinka tournament in Czech Republic and asked him about CC. It was the summer after they drafted him and he told me "Biggest steal in the draft". 2 years later he could be 100% right

Whi will be a better goal scorer in 2 years, Caufield or Matthews?

Place your bets.

superstar436

Mar 4, 2004

Youppiiii

TT will get another 10 yrs as head of scouting for this one like he did for 2007 draft

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
i was calling for him to spend more time in the AHL vs getting thrown into the NHL and expected to score right away... Kid is proving me wrong in spades.

Granted, it's OT opportunities that he's converting, and it's clear he'll need some time to get his game up to speed outside of the offensive zone to be able to be used more than sporadically and opportunistically... but as long as the coaches keep that focus of heavy pp/OT/"need to score" ice time and shelter him from being exploited/liability at ES and when opposing coaches get last change, let er' rip!

Reactions: 417

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
He reminds me of Cammalleri, but hopefully with a better attitude. But we were desperately missing a sniper...I know everyone wants nothing but power forwards but we need any sort of offensive weapons we can get. Teams will play him more physically now that he's getting their attention but he seems to have the shiftiness to pick his spots.

Reactions: Miller Time

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
That’s what I don’t see with KK..

He’s an alright player but doesn’t step up in big moments. Not what you want in a third overall pick.

hard to step up when you don't get any ice time in those moments lol

NewDef

Nov 2, 2015
Just imagine for a second if CC was 6'2, we'd talk about the next Ovetchkin... oh and he'd be a 1st OA! what a shot!

Reactions: Dutronc

neopreneur

Sponsor
Jul 12, 2004
Aylmer, Qc
The thing with Caufield is that he's always had to deal with bigger players, and ALWAYS found a way to be the BEST scorer. He'll always have PP time, which he can either be the decoy or the finisher. Teams will game plan around HIM, but this is no different than his entire cumulative hockey experience.

He'll be just fine, welcome to the NHL bud.

JoelWarlord

Ex-Noob616
May 7, 2012
Halifax
He reminds me of Cammalleri, but hopefully with a better attitude. But we were desperately missing a sniper...I know everyone wants nothing but power forwards but we need any sort of offensive weapons we can get. Teams will play him more physically now that he's getting their attention but he seems to have the shiftiness to pick his spots.
What was wrong with Cammalleri's attitude? One of the few guys on that Gauthier era of garbage teams who wasn't happy to go along with the team's loser mindset.

Cammalleri's a good comparable IMO, has basically been that long since we've had a first shot sniper with any panache. I'm so excited to keep watching him play and develop, most excited I've been for a prospect since Subban.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad