Prospect Info: Cole Caufield (Part 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
If he scores 20 next year i'll buy you a case of beer.

ok I drink, Evolution #3 IPA

Our Beers|Evolution Craft Brewing Company

though if covid is over I might be in AA by then as I've been drinking like I was in my teens/20's this past year. Speaking of which, might be time to get started before i watch my phillies take on the hated Mets tonight.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Caufield battles for the puck because his hands eye coordination are elite. Basically quick hands. Guys like Drouin shouldn’t have issues but his lack of desire to get in the dirty areas keeps him below average player. Players like Chiarot and Kulak process the game slower. That’s why you see them taking so much time to move the puck.

Caufield hands and hockey sense are elite. His skating is above average better than Suzuki and Kotkaniemi. Just size that is small. If he can bring it together he could be a Theo Fleury type.
I dont see much of Fleury in this kid except the size.
Fleury was a very good skater and would filet your liver in a corner for the puck.
Caufield is a much softer player who will use his high hockey I.Q. and shot to thrive.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick

though if covid is over I might be in AA by then as I've been drinking like I was in my teens/20's this past year. Speaking of which, might be time to get started before i watch my phillies take on the hated Mets tonight.

At the start of the pandemic I told myself I'd get into something different. Whiskey or something like that.

A year later still the same beer rum and occasional gin diet lol

Reactions: JAVO16 and montreal

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
People comparing Poehling and Caufield
giphy.gif

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
At the start of the pandemic I told myself I'd get into something different. Whiskey or something like that.

A year later still the same beer rum and occasional gin diet lol

I don't change things up, just stick with the things I like. for me it's beer, vodka/gin.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Did I miss the explanation as to why "Goal Caufield" isn't the obvious and only nickname we will use for our future goal maestro?

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002

bookmark this , but if I win ... you owe me the same value of the beee in Etherium.

Habaddict

Apr 12, 2009
toronto
Did I miss the explanation as to why "Goal Caufield" isn't the obvious and only nickname we will use for our future goal maestro?
I still think "Billy" is the best choice. He was also a small young kid who was easy to under-rate. And probably the most dangerous shooter of all time. Although anyone who has a .22 of that make, would have a hard time not calling him "Colt Caufield"

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Nothing wrong with that. Was thinking of doing nothing but gin and tonic this summer but I know beer will creep back into the rotation.

I love my beer but opted to cut it out for the summer, I don't even want to admit how much weight i've put on between the beer, pizza/wings, etc.. Figured it's time to start dropping some pounds.

G & T's are great though, especially with lime. I mostly drink vodka with apple cranberry and a slice of lime.

bookmark this , but if I win ... you owe me the same value of the beee in Etherium.

if we are going that route I'll take ETH then, f the beer!

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Great awareness shown on his first goal. I really don't think the lack of elite speed is going to be much of an issue for him. The kid knows how to get to where he needs to be.

Habaddict

Apr 12, 2009
toronto
I thought his ability to find time and space was very impressive. And at his height, with a short stick he doesn't need much space. And that release doesn't need much time !

Reactions: montreal

Habaddict

Apr 12, 2009
toronto
Great awareness shown on his first goal. I really don't think the lack of elite speed is going to be much of an issue for him. The kid knows how to get to where he needs to be.
Yeah, I think his quickness and agility, are more important to him,than speed. But if he did add more speed with another summer of training, it might make him more dangerous in transition. And maybe also on the forecheck.

667ekip

Apr 17, 2021
Best goal scorer of his class are Hughes and Kakko with 18.

He will catch those guy rather quick I think.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
As much as I hate the 3 on 3 gimmick, it doesnt look like its going away any time soon..
But Caufield was BORN for 3 on 3, had 0 doubt he would thrive in it, and sure enough he scores in his first ever 3 on 3 presence, and it feels like he will ALWAYS be a threat in reg seas OT for the foreseeable future

Its nice i guess, instead of dreading OT all the time we may finally have an actual OT weapon to look forward to now the way Matthews and McDavid are OT monster weapons for their respective teams

Cant wait for that 1st one timer goal now too

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
As much as I hate the 3 on 3 gimmick, it doesnt look like its going away any time soon..
But Caufield was BORN for 3 on 3, had 0 doubt he would thrive in it, and sure enough he scores in his first ever 3 on 3 presence, and it feels like he will ALWAYS be a threat in reg seas OT for the foreseeable future

Its nice i guess, instead of dreading OT all the time we may finally have an actual OT weapon to look forward to now the way Matthews and McDavid are OT monster weapons for their respective teams

Cant wait for that 1st one timer goal now too

I would load up the first pp, have them play 1 minute 30. Toffoli takes Armia's spot in the bumper and Caufield inglis office.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I love my beer but opted to cut it out for the summer, I don't even want to admit how much weight i've put on between the beer, pizza/wings, etc.. Figured it's time to start dropping some pounds.

G & T's are great though, especially with lime. I mostly drink vodka with apple cranberry and a slice of lime.

if we are going that route I'll take ETH then, f the beer!

No fair! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->