Prospect Info: Cole Caufield (Part 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Yea 100%, he's gonna be so fun to watch. His puck touches are so precise and quick and his feet can keep up too.

I remember everybody made fun of Button when he compared him to Messi on draft day haha, wouldn't be crazy if it turns out he was right? One can only dream lol

Ok, bear with me... My mom died 20 months ago and ever since I've been doing a lot of introspection, a lot of time reflecting on the past and where I am and where I'm going. Reflecting on life, purpose and happiness. Realizing life is so precious and short, I want to make the most of it. Along and among these thoughts, there was a point where I thought about all those great years of sports I had in the 90's. Watching the Spos rise, watching Roy become the best goalie in playoff history, watching MJ completely dominate his sport, ect. So I got to thinking and wishing "man, it would be so great if the Habs could haphazardly draft the next goal scoring prodigy. And the more I look at Cole, the more I'm thinking, holy crap has my wish come true???

Last edited:

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Caufield battles for the puck because his hands eye coordination are elite. Basically quick hands. Guys like Drouin shouldn’t have issues but his lack of desire to get in the dirty areas keeps him below average player. Players like Chiarot and Kulak process the game slower. That’s why you see them taking so much time to move the puck.

Caufield hands and hockey sense are elite. His skating is above average better than Suzuki and Kotkaniemi. Just size that is small. If he can bring it together he could be a Theo Fleury type.
Hell yes!

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Caufield battles for the puck because his hands eye coordination are elite. Basically quick hands. Guys like Drouin shouldn’t have issues but his lack of desire to get in the dirty areas keeps him below average player. Players like Chiarot and Kulak process the game slower. That’s why you see them taking so much time to move the puck.

Caufield hands and hockey sense are elite. His skating is above average better than Suzuki and Kotkaniemi. Just size that is small. If he can bring it together he could be a Theo Fleury type.

His skating is worth noting because it was a knock against him in his draft year. Not only does his mobility improved, he’s much faster than I would had expected at the pro level.

He does take a lot of low percentage shots, which is ok I guess, but I’d like to see him work on his vision and slow down a little.

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
His skating is worth noting because it was a knock against him in his draft year. Not only does his mobility improved, he’s much faster than I would had expected at the pro level.

He does take a lot of low percentage shots, which is ok I guess, but I’d like to see him work on his vision and slow down a little.

I think those will improve naturally as he was probably trying to get that one off his back but then again he did take a lot of shots in College.. Shooters shoot!

Reactions: montreal

McGuires Corndog

Marc Bergevin juju exorcist
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal

He does have pretty good vision, I suspect he was kind of shooting from everywhere because he was looking for that first goal. But he’s a super high volume shooter by nature, some of them will be from bad angles because that’s just who he is. He’s a shooter through and through.

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
He does have pretty good vision, I suspect he was kind of shooting from everywhere because he was looking for that first goal. But he’s a super high volume shooter by nature, some of them will be from bad angles because that’s just who he is. He’s a shooter through and through.

I have absolutely no problems with him taking shots. Honestly, he's taken the best shots out of our forward groups these past few games. Except for Suzuki of course.

I think he's already an NHLer. Maybe a second line winger at the moment. He's gonna get even better quick.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
He was absolutely looking for that all the way. First of many for him.
If you take a look at the previous rush, Petry had the puck and Caufield pulled the same move but Petry didn't make the pass. I don't know why. So he retreated out of the offensive zone and tried it again and this time Petry got the pass to CC.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
If you take a look at the previous rush, Petry had the puck and Caufield pulled the same move but Petry didn't make the pass. I don't know why. So he retreated out of the offensive zone and tried it again and this time Petry got the pass to CC.
He didn't make the first pass because it wouldn't have been successful. Smart decision to pull up and try again.

Reactions: Habs Icing

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
Welcome to the NHL.

What a way to get your first NHL goal and to be able to celebrate it with all your teammates on the ice.

The kid knows where the net is.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Ok, bear with me... My mom died 20 months ago and ever since I've been doing a lot of introspection, a lot of time reflecting on the past and where I am and where I'm going. Reflecting on life, purpose and happiness. Realizing life is so precious and short, I want to make the most of it. Along and among these thoughts, there was a point where I thought about all those great years of sports I had in the 90's. Watching the Spos rise, watching Roy become the best goalie in playoff history, watching MJ completely dominate his sport, ect. So I got to thinking and wishing "man, it would be so great if the Habs could haphazardly draft the next goal scoring prodigy. And the more I look at Cole, the more I'm thinking, holy crap has my wish come true???

We've needed a real talent at forward for a long time. Cole could definitely be it.

Keep the faith.

Reactions: DAChampion

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
instincts and puck skills are off the charts, and the kid competes at an elite level... most exciting prospect we've had since PK.

hope he can build off last night and coaches see the value in giving him opportunities to do what he does best. that energy and excitement level is awesome to see, want to see him keep it up.

superstar436

Mar 4, 2004
I knew 2 small individuals in my high school (oddly enough both are Iranians) who grew a could 3-6 inches at the age of 20-21.

I hope it happens to Caufield. Guy is as good as they get.

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
That way he slows down his skating to adjust speed just after going past the defensive coverage but before the pucks comes to him is really impressive to me. Really great use of space

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Hate to be a party pooper but after Poehling's 4 goal debut, I'm going to wait and see before claiming we got the next Stamkos here.

Reactions: Sasha Orlov

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
For his first NHL goal to be a game-winner is a big deal, they have to continue to put him in a position to succeed and build off this. First wave pp is one place to start and he seems to be a very good fit next to Jake Evans, I would leave that as it is.

I have knocked him for his diminutive size and there will be times that he will suffer because of it but as others have said, there have been many little guys that have been very successful NHLers. He is definitely an exciting player to watch and we haven't had that in way too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->