Prospect Info: Cole Caufield II (Montreal 15th overall in 2019 draft) mod warning # 560

How many goals will Caufield score in the 3 development camp scrimmages?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Take it for what it's worth...

Truth be told, the 18-year-old American was ready to don a Canadiens jersey for quite some time. That's why he didn't choose to study Spanish in school like the rest of his friends.
"Our two boys [Cole and his older brother, Brock] chose a French class when they were in Grade 7. They said that if they were drafted by the Canadiens, they'd have to be able to speak the language. They were always joking about it, but they were still preparing themselves in case it happened," explained Cole's mother, Kelly, with a laugh. "They ended up taking four years of French. It's funny because all of their friends chose a Spanish class. You could say that my boys kind of predicted the future."

Cole Caufield: Fortune Teller and Natural Goal-Scorer

Now that I found the whole article it was a sort of "just in case" thing.

It's unique in a way,but cool they did that. My understanding is in the States you have to take a language course.Most pick Spanish understandably of course,but you get the few that select another. Think it's pretty cool that some celebrity's can speak another language aside from their own.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
In one of those vids about the draft they show Caufield talking to Turcotte I believe saying he took French years ago but he forgot most of it or something to that effect.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I don't know why you're still on about this. They had a maximum of 8 shots, not 25. The players see the All Star games as a joke. Half of them are hungover, sometimes they're drunk. They do it under the eyes of 20 000 fans cold and without the focus of a real game.

You're just grossly underestimating how good these guys are. The average 4th liner is ridiculously skilled. Two of my buddies were high end NCAA players, one who was drafted and played AHL a bit. They're ridiculously good and basically score at will, yet no where near as good as NHLers. Take even fringe guys like Jordan Weal - he scored 116 points in the WHL. The issue for most of them is they dont have the time/space.

I never got past AA, but played a lot of pickup hockey with friends and strangers who’ve played everything from house to AAA.

I don’t recall the exact date, but it was in the early-2000’s; my friends and I played some pickup and who steps on the ice? Lyle Odelein. I don’t know how many shared my opinion, but back in the day, I always thought of him as a slug on the ice and limited talent.

Well, he absolutely schooled us. I recall an instance where I tried some beer league power move and he just picked the puck off and skated and dangled through all my friends and roofed it on our goalie.

Long story short, if you are in the NHL, you got some talent regardless how you look on TV or in-person.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I never got past AA, but played a lot of pickup hockey with friends and strangers who’ve played everything from house to AAA.

I don’t recall the exact date, but it was in the early-2000’s; my friends and I played some pickup and who steps on the ice? Lyle Odelein. I don’t know how many shared my opinion, but back in the day, I always thought of him as a slug on the ice and limited talent.

Well, he absolutely schooled us. I recall an instance where I tried some beer league power move and he just picked the puck off and skated and dangled through all my friends and roofed it on our goalie.

Long story short, if you are in the NHL, you got some talent regardless how you look on TV or in-person.
Played a pickup against Raphael Lavoie a few years ago. I suck balls but I skate really fast so all I did was skater after him all game :laugh:

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
In one of those vids about the draft they show Caufield talking to Turcotte I believe saying he took French years ago but he forgot most of it or something to that effect.
He would have lost it fast if his mom said he started at age 12 and took at least 4 years of it which means until 16 at least.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

Odelein was a pretty good hockey player. A legitimate top 4 in his prime imo. Don't know why many people always considered him as just a goon. IMO he was a step over a guy like Gorges. He did 31 points with NJ right in the middle of the dead puck era. He was mostly focused on defense but he had some offensive tools in his prime. He declined quickly when he turned 30 though like many physical players do.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Odelein was a pretty good hockey player. A legitimate top 4 in his prime imo. Don't know why many people always considered him as just a goon. IMO he was a step over a guy like Gorges. He did 31 points with NJ right in the middle of the dead puck era. He was mostly focused on defense but he had some offensive tools in his prime. He declined quickly when he turned 30 though like many physical players do.
Odelein was a monster in his era. My favorite Odelein moment? I forget which playoff game it was, but the opposing team dumped the puck right to him while another player was lining him up for a nasty hit. He chipped the puck into the face of the of the player that was supposed crush him. He was ejected but was laughing his ass off while going to the dressing room.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
It's unique in a way,but cool they did that. My understanding is in the States you have to take a language course.Most pick Spanish understandably of course,but you get the few that select another. Think it's pretty cool that some celebrity's can speak another language aside from their own.
Cole's father and grandfather were born in Canada. Sault St Marie. May explain why he took French.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal

Nilan has said this a number of times.

Reactions: sandviper

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Cole's father and grandfather were born in Canada. Sault St Marie. May explain why he took French.

SSM eh? That's an interesting area,being divided by 2 countries. Not familiar enough to know if SSM in Canada learns french by default or what. Always good to learn more than 1 language,but Spanish might be more helpful depending on travel plans.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
I think Caufield is more of a LW but can play both sides. A Caufield KK Suzuki line would be a lot of fun to see or have Domi and Suzuki on a line with Caufield KK Ylonen down the road.

Yes I hope they play him there (LW)

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
I think Caufield is more of a LW but can play both sides. A Caufield KK Suzuki line would be a lot of fun to see or have Domi and Suzuki on a line with Caufield KK Ylonen down the road.
Caufield is a RW who loves to score from the left side. I think as a RW he tricks D cores by always reverting to the Left side to score his goals when they expect the RW to be on the right side.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Caufield is a RW who loves to score from the left side. I think as a RW he tricks D cores by always reverting to the Left side to score his goals when they expect the RW to be on the right side.

He was playing LW at the summer showcase and when I saw him with the USNDTP he was at LW. I don't know what he will play at Wisconsin. I know he can play both and does so we'll see which one he ends up.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Odelein was a monster in his era. My favorite Odelein moment? I forget which playoff game it was, but the opposing team dumped the puck right to him while another player was lining him up for a nasty hit. He chipped the puck into the face of the of the player that was supposed crush him. He was ejected but was laughing his ass off while going to the dressing room.
I remember him firing the puck into the opposing teams bench, think it was Buffalo......the guy was freak, loved him!!!

Reactions: dralaf

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
He was playing LW at the summer showcase and when I saw him with the USNDTP he was at LW. I don't know what he will play at Wisconsin. I know he can play both and does so we'll see which one he ends up.
I beg to differ but Im pretty sure I saw him lining up mostly on RW at the WJSS except on the PP?

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
SSM eh? That's an interesting area,being divided by 2 countries. Not familiar enough to know if SSM in Canada learns french by default or what. Always good to learn more than 1 language,but Spanish might be more helpful depending on travel plans.
Coincidentally, there’s a town called Spanish about 2hrs east of there down the 17

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I’ve always felt wingers shouldn’t play their offwing, but Caulfield is the rare exception. He’s a LW going forward in my book.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
True but in terms of his natural position i believe its RW

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Yeah. Its easier for a right hander to shoot when your are playing on left side. But if you want to dangle it will be easier if you are on right side. So for that reason i could see caufield on left side but we need on the right thought

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I beg to differ but Im pretty sure I saw him lining up mostly on RW at the WJSS except on the PP?

I went back and looked at the game vs Canada and you are correct, LW on the PP but listed at RW for the game.

True but in terms of his natural position i believe its RW

Well hopefully they play him where he feels he's at his best. Leks imo is much better at RW and yet he barely ever plays there. I know some have said Drouin is actually better at RW then LW but I can't say as I don't pay much attention to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad