Waived: Cole Bardreau

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
I am a tad disappointed about this move, why even call him up? I am interested to see if anyone claims him. This is a potential case of bad asset management.

Bardeau needs to clear waivers to go back down to the AHL so no way around that.

I hear your point of...Why risk losing him to waivers for only one game? Well when they called him up it's very possible that Greene deal didn't go through so then they would've just kept him. However now that it did they had to send someone down and there isn't a D-man you can send down. Short of a trade a forward had to go back to the AHL and given the big picture, Bardeau was most likely - Waivers or not.

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
Bardeau needs to clear waivers to go back down to the AHL so no way around that.

I hear your point of...Why risk losing him to waivers for only one game? Well when they called him up it's very possible that Greene deal didn't go through so then they would've just kept him. However now that it did they had to send someone down and there isn't a D-man you can send down. Short of a trade a forward had to go back to the AHL and given the big picture, Bardeau was most likely - Waivers or not.

Oh I see why it happened. But why even call him up and lose him to waivers if they were just going to play Komarov at center anyway? I am hoping this means a trade is coming because having Brassard and Komarov centering the bottom two lines is brutal.

Reactions: danteipp

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Oh I see why it happened. But why even call him up and lose him to waivers if they were just going to play Komarov at center anyway? I am hoping this means a trade is coming because having Brassard and Komarov centering the bottom two lines is brutal.
On a road trip, especially a west coast trip, we always keep extra bodies around in case of injury. Since Bardreau was up and played before the Greene trade, it's possible that things changed and a deal is imminent. More likely though it's just sending him back down because Trotz isn't going to use him anymore.

Reactions: YearlyLottery

Hunn

Feb 23, 2017
Probably, there was a trade involving a roster player that fell through. Now they have to send someone down, and the only other option is Bellows.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Probably, there was a trade involving a roster player that fell through. Now they have to send someone down, and the only other option is Bellows.
Which tells me Bellows is getting back into the lineup.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Was there ever a doubt about that?
Not really, but you never know since the need at center is greater than on the wing. It tells us that Trotz thinks he's part of the solution right now.

Hunn

Feb 23, 2017
But, actually, they don't need to send anyone down at all, do they? They already sent down Aho to accommodate Greene. Then why they suddenly need an extra spot? At center? Hmm...

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Not really, but you never know since the need at center is greater than on the wing. It tells us that Trotz thinks he's part of the solution right now.
Bardreau had a nice run in November/December but I don't see where he really moves the needle for us. Brassard-3C, Leo-4C. Hopefully a deal for a 3C is imminent. If not maybe Otto Koivula comes back up.

*and I skip Wednesday's game in Bridgeport

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Besides I think the need for potential offense from Bellows against another team that's been stumbling along outweighs the need for another center tonight.

Frankie41987

Feb 1, 2007
Kings Park

They sent Aho back as soon as the Greene deal went through, didn’t they?

Reactions: Hogan Shannon

The Real JT

In Lou We Trust: Just kidding
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
Bardreau had a nice run in November/December but I don't see where he really moves the needle for us. Brassard-3C, Leo-4C. Hopefully a deal for a 3C is imminent. If not maybe Otto Koivula comes back up.

*and I skip Wednesday's game in Bridgeport

Bardreau was a feel good story but a guy who really doesn't have the talent to make a difference in the big leagues.
Seems like a heart and soul guy. A guy you can root for but also a guy that was a typical call up or fourth liner on many of the bottom tier Isles teams over the last 20 years.

Last edited:
Reactions: MJF

IslesNorway

Apr 9, 2007
Nittedal, Norway
Bringing up a guy like him for a few games never hurts so it's nice he wasn't picked up. I'm cheering for him because he seems such an unlikely NHLer and think he may do a job as a fill in later as well

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
Bringing up a guy like him for a few games never hurts so it's nice he wasn't picked up. I'm cheering for him because he seems such an unlikely NHLer and think he may do a job as a fill in later as well

He is a harmless player, reminds me of Keith Jones... mainly by facial expression LOL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->