Colby Cave | In Memoriam

kevy999

Sep 12, 2016
So sad , rest in peace Colby. I remember that great goal he scored in Pittsburgh this season.

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
So safe to have someone so young taken so suddenly. Big virtual hugs to his friends and family.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Colby Cave's dreams for hockey, life ended far too soon - Sportsnet.ca

Married less than a year ago to his wife Emily, Cave failed to wake up Tuesday morning at the Barrie, Ont., home of Emily’s parents. The young couple was quarantining there after making the trip up from Bakersfield, Calif.
Cave was rushed to hospital in Barrie, then airlifted to Sunnybrook Hospital in Toronto where doctors removed a colloid cyst that was causing pressure on his brain. As concern mounted over brain damage caused by oxygen deprivation, on her Instagram account Emily Cave pleaded for her husband to “wake up.”

Spec is reporting he wouldn't wake up Tuesday morning and was rushed to the hospital. Who knows exactly when this cyst caused the effect it did while he slept.

As awfully sad and heartbreaking it is he passed away, it also may have been a blessing and the best outcome for him as his brain may have been without proper oxygen levels for several hours.

If this season somehow finds a way to continue, win the whole damn thing for Colby, boys.

Last edited:

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
Fellows,
Give your wife an extra big hug today because Colby can’t. Hug your kids. Play with them. Colby will never get to. Call your parents and tell them you love them because you still can. Hold a thought and a prayer for the Cave family. Hopefully somehow they will know we are sharing their pain.
If anyone who knew and loved Colby ever reads this, please accept my condolences. I hope one day you’ll feel the sorrow a little less, and the pride in having loved and been loved by a good man a bit more.
Rest In Peace, young man.

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
I just saw something nice, someone telling everyone to post pics in their oilers jersey's, but then someone mentioned making a photomosaic picture kinda like this.

but with Cave. I'm sure they already know people are thinking and praying for them but you could do a more detailed picture with more people and I think it'd be a nice way to show them that everyone cares.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
I wonder if they consider doing a mural inside Ford Hall or the arena itself. Lots of space to have a tribute, it would be nice to do.

Reactions: RattsSSV

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->