Colby Cave | In Memoriam

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Bruins fan coming in peace. I'm very sorry and disheartened to hear about this. Did he have an accident to have had this happen?
I liked him as a Bruin (he was a very solid player who contributed on every shift for the B's) but when the Oilers picked him up I felt happy for him in that he was going (IIRC) home to Edmonton and would be playing with Draisaitl and McDavid etc. Thoughts and prayers for him, his wife and his family.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
What a terrible thing to hear and have happen. He seems like such a likeable young man and I remember reading how pumped he was to get claimed by Edmonton.

As many have stated, my thoughts and prayers he pulls through this.

Reactions: Strafer and Cloned

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
wc1gH6u.jpg

Big Mess

Oct 9, 2010
My best wishes to Colby Cave and his family. I pray for a safe and quick recovery.

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
'He's a warrior': Oilers' Colby Cave fighting for life due to brain bleed - Sportsnet.ca

Davidson confirmed that there is no link to COVID-19, nor was Cave involved in any kind of accident.

After complaining of some headaches, Cave was transported to a hospital in Barrie, Ont., Monday evening, Oilers general manager Ken Holland said. Cave and his wife, Emily, were residing in Barrie closer to her family, riding out the coronavirus and the ensuing NHL stoppage.
From Barrie, Cave was airlifted to Sunnybrook Hospital in Toronto, where he was admitted into intensive care.

Reactions: Strafer

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Man... Just awful. Way too young to be going through something like this. What a sad day

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
In reading his wife's post I have to say that I am afraid for this man. Such injustice for a young guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad