Injury Report: Colborne out "a few weeks" with broken thumb

May 27, 2012
Earth
Jones was on pace for 36 pts last year. A whopping 6 points less than what Frolik had and what Backlund was on pace for. Josh Jooris was also on pace for mid 30s, in his rookie season to boot. There really isn't that much seperation in their offense. And you decided to say "besides Colborne and Bennett", which is redicilous because both have potential to out produce Fro and Backs (FroBack, I like it :yo:)

I never said they were going to be 3rd liners all year. I said it's going to be very much like last year, whoevers producing/making things happen will grab the 2nd line duties for the night, and it's ENTIRELY possible considering FroBack will be drawing the heavy lines because of their defensive prowess, leaving the other line semi sheltered and giving them opportunies against weaker lines.

You are getting too carried away with the whole "2nd line" title my friend. If anything, we have two fringe 2nd lines/good 3rds.

I forgot about Jones. I think a Jones - Backlund - Frolik Line would be great actually.

It was a perfect storm last year for a lot of players. Jooris a great player for us and expect him to be a great bottom 6 player. But being on pace for the mid 30's doesn't count for anything. It's what he has now that we work with. He also slowed down at a certain point. Albeit he was injured, he didn't produce the same afterwards. Not that there is any reason he couldn't hit 30 points.

That is exactly why I said "besides Bennett and Colborne". I believe other than those two players are better offensively than Backlund and Frolik. Not sure about this season, but beyond, sure.

I agree with "fringe 2nd line" and "good 3rd line". I don't think we have two "fringe 2nd lines". That might have been what you were getting at.

Actually...I'm not sure if you meant, 2 "2nd lines", 2 "3rd lines" or 1 of each. I agree with the 3rd option.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
I forgot about Jones. I think a Jones - Backlund - Frolik Line would be great actually.

It was a perfect storm last year for a lot of players. Jooris a great player for us and expect him to be a great bottom 6 player. But being on pace for the mid 30's doesn't count for anything. It's what he has now that we work with. He also slowed down at a certain point. Albeit he was injured, he didn't produce the same afterwards. Not that there is any reason he couldn't hit 30 points.

That is exactly why I said "besides Bennett and Colborne". I believe other than those two players are better offensively than Backlund and Frolik. Not sure about this season, but beyond, sure.

I agree with "fringe 2nd line" and "good 3rd line". I don't think we have two "fringe 2nd lines". That might have been what you were getting at.

Actually...I'm not sure if you meant, 2 "2nd lines", 2 "3rd lines" or 1 of each. I agree with the 3rd option.

I'm confused, you agree, yet you disagree. You agree that Jones is at least on par, and both Bennett and Colborne have the offense to out produce them, that's 3 players, that's a potential line, that, on any given night can take that 2nd line role and run with it, like I said. So there we have it, you agree there are 3 players that can be better offensively on any given night. Once again, like I said.

I'm not saying we have 2 2nd lines, IMO we're closer to having no legitimate 2nd line than we are to having 2. But 2 FRINGE, sure, 2 lines that can handle the load on any given night, yet can't be solely relied upon every night, if that makes sense :laugh:

May 27, 2012
Earth
I'm confused, you agree, yet you disagree. You agree that Jones is at least on par, and both Bennett and Colborne have the offense to out produce them, that's 3 players, that's a potential line, that, on any given night can take that 2nd line role and run with it, like I said. So there we have it, you agree there are 3 players that can be better offensively on any given night. Once again, like I said.

I'm not saying we have 2 2nd lines, IMO we're closer to having no legitimate 2nd line than we are to having 2. But 2 FRINGE, sure, 2 lines that can handle the load on any given night, yet can't be solely relied upon every night, if that makes sense :laugh:

Not really. Potentially sure, Colborne is definitely capable, but I don't know about "on any given night". Bennett hasn't proved anything yet besides playoffs and expect him to surpass those guys. I also didn't agree with anything on Jones. All I said was that I forgot about him and said it would be a great line. Which in turn could be great for Jones.

I didn't add in fringe, because I thought you would understand from the sentence/paragraph from before.It was just me being lazy and not adding in the extra words. I'm trying to do homework at the same time lol. Our team would be deadly f we had 2 2nd lines.

Last edited:

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Not really. Potentially sure, Colborne is definitely capable, but I don't know about "on any given night". Bennett hasn't proved anything yet besides playoffs and expect him to surpass those guys. I also didn't agree with anything on Jones. All I said was that I forgot about him and said it would be a great line. Which in turn could be for Jones.

So, you don't think our "3rd" line is capable of grabbing that spot on any given night? Or you do. You're flip flopping on me here. That's the only way we're going to be successful, is by having that depth and scoring by committee. That's exactly how it was last season. If we're relying solely on FroBack to provide secondary/2nd line scoring.. Well, we won't do too well.

Like I said, you're getting hung up on the title. I'm not saying Backlund and Frolik are inferior or that they don't produce enough, I'm saying, once again, the line that is doing well, WILL take that secondary scoring role for the night. And it's entirely plausible/flat out going to happen with FroBack drawing the defensive match ups.

FTR, if they are stuck together at the hip, I 100% agree and believe they will be a main staple/safety blanket for our roster.

May 27, 2012
Earth
So, you don't think our "3rd" line is capable of grabbing that spot on any given night? Or you do. You're flip flopping on me here. That's the only way we're going to be successful, is by having that depth and scoring by committee. That's exactly how it was last season. If we're relying solely on FroBack to provide secondary/2nd line scoring.. Well, we won't do too well.

Like I said, you're getting hung up on the title. I'm not saying Backlund and Frolik are inferior or that they don't produce enough, I'm saying, once again, the line that is doing well, WILL take that secondary scoring role for the night. And it's entirely plausible/flat out going to happen with FroBack drawing the defensive match ups.

FTR, if they are stuck together at the hip, I 100% agree and believe they will be a main staple/safety blanket for our roster.

Whoops, my bad. I read that wrong. On any given night there's a chance, sure. I read it as " do it on a consistent basis" which I don't think they do which is obvious.

I agree that we need secondary scoring. Also, you could say that for any line. The one that produces will get more time obviously.

My argument is that I think right now Backlund and Frolik are better offensive options over current players for the "2nd line". The line has the ability to shutdown and be offensive which is better than what we had before this upcoming season.

That is they are together this season at all :laugh:

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Whoops, my bad. I read that wrong. On any given night there's a chance, sure. I read it as " do it on a consistent basis" which I don't think they do which is obvious.

I agree that we need secondary scoring. Also, you could say that for any line. The one that produces will get more time obviously.

My argument is that I think right now Backlund and Frolik are better offensive options over current players for the "2nd line". The line has the ability to shutdown and be offensive which is better than what we had before this upcoming season.

That is they are together this season at all :laugh:

:laugh: well, alright. Agree to disagree, or agree or semi-agree :laugh:, either way, solid convo :yo:

Maybe I should get back to work :sarcasm:

Yah right

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad