Colborne or Kadri?

alcanalz

whys and wherefores
Nov 3, 2009
Would have loved to see the results of this poll before the trade. I'm sure they would have been exactly the same.

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
I'm not so sure. He's better on the draw than Kadri. Through his junior years, he was used for faceoffs and would switch to wing after. I think if he could learn to plant himself in the front of the net, he'd be a much more effective center than Kadri.

Faceoffs are one of the most overrated aspect of prospect development in deciding whether or not a player should a centre or a winger. Realistically, any player can learn how to become at least a decent faceoff guy, and being good on faceoffs isn't what makes a good centre.

I think the big reason to develop him as a winger is his size. If you can teach him how to protect the puck along the boards/in the corners, he'll be the perfect opposite winger for Phil Kessel. Having the winger as the guy who's going to mix it up in the corners is usually a better scenario, because when he gets caught up ice it's less of an issue than if the centre were to do so.

Apparently he's not the world's greatest skater, so it's not like he relies on the open space to maintain puck posession. Kadri on the other hand definitely needs the open space. The other issue is that they're both pass-first players, but I think if you put them together, they'll both start to become slightly more willing to shoot the puck.

Kaoz*

I wouldn't even venture a guess at the moment. I think more risk is associated with Colborne but I'd be leery saying who has the higher ceiling.

Both are what, a year away from the NHL at best? Colborne has lots to be excited about, don't sell him short, but again, there's some risk there.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Kadri and it's not even close.

Bruins fans had Colbourne overrated pretty high in my opinion, not to say he's not a good prospect (he is).

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Kadri and it's not even close.

Bruins fans had Colbourne overrated pretty high in my opinion, not to say he's not a good prospect (he is).

Still think Colbornes ceiling COULD be higher, but Kadri has the edge right now.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
Kadri is further along in his development at this point, if he just had Colborne's size I'd bet he'd be in the NHL right now.

Colborne is still promising but he has consistency issues and leaves a lot to be desired at this point, I'm still hopeful though

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad