Colborne or Kadri?

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
Tough call... gotta say Kadri because he's younger and been better in the AHL.

That being said, I've always been of the opinion that Colborne would be better bred as a LW, and would love to see him playing on the left side with Kadri.

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
Tough call... gotta say Kadri because he's younger and been better in the AHL.

That being said, I've always been of the opinion that Colborne would be better bred as a LW, and would love to see him playing on the left side with Kadri.

Hey, you never know jfried, you could end up getting your wish.

Hopefully management encourages Colborne to use his size more.

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
:facepalm:

Kadris played in the WJC, dominated junior, and is one of the top AHL rookies. Despite his size issues, hes still much close to the NHL than Colborne, who is still likely another year away from thinking about an NHL role

gifted88

Dante the poet
Feb 12, 2010
Guelph, ON
Well, we rate prospects on potential...so Kadri is still #1, but I think Colborne could end up being the more useful player.

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009

I'm not so sure. He's better on the draw than Kadri. Through his junior years, he was used for faceoffs and would switch to wing after. I think if he could learn to plant himself in the front of the net, he'd be a much more effective center than Kadri.

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
Kadri

Colborne seems to be a year or two away from seeing what we have in him.

The better question is which of Colborne and Gardiner are the #2 prospect.

Vic Rattlehead*

Kadri 10 times out of 10.

Colborne takes way too many shifts off.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Kadri is still our tops prospect. Better jr career, better AHL player (currently).

Im afraid for Colborne though, yesterday someone on the Leafs board said hes a better prospect because hes bigger. Thats all that mattered to him.

Kadri has never the support of the entire leafs fanbase, and hsi troubles breaking into the NHL havent helped. All some people see is Colborne's size and assume he will supplant Kadri as our number one C prospect.

PortlandWinterHawks

Dec 4, 2010
Kadri has high celiing and morel likely to reach potential and if not becomes a very good 2nd line center with physicality,

Colborne super high ceiling, unlikely to reach potential, becomes 2nd line centre or a dominant 1st line centre HAHA :laugh:

Most likely case: both become 2nd line centers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad