Colaiacovo vs Suter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sticky*

I guess now, carlo, although he is nowhere near the d-man that Suter is, no matter what leafs fans try and tell you.

I bet in the long run Suter posts better numbers simply because when he becomes accustomed to the NHL his natural skill will take over.

IGM

May 26, 2002
Visit site
I would rather have Suter any day. I like "Carl" but think that he is only going to be another good D man that will fall in the line of top 15 through 25 in the league if he pans out all of the way once he fully develops. I think that Suter has a much higher potential to be a more important player to his team.

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
I would tend to say Suter but with Hamhuis on his team, PP point time won't be as readily available as it MIGHT be on Toronto in 6-10 years.

Suter has more offensive talent according to what I have read but I haven't seen Carlo. Though, methinks he might be a touch overrated by the Leafs HF editor.

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
CaberFan said:
It could be Sundin vs Deadmarsh (including concussions) and the vote would still go the same way

Not really. Most of us don't hate the leafs. A vocal group does. But a vocal group hates the Habs and the Rag$ as well.

I think it's just an example of a better player going up against a Leaf. If you went Kevin Klein vs. Carlo, I'm sure the consensus would be Colaiacovo. I know my vote would be there as well.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
Flames Draft Watcher said:
I think I know how this will end up. Everybody voting from Ontario will vote Carlo. Everybody else votes Suter.

Hey, only the GTA will vote Carlo, lol ;) . I'm from Ontario (even though I don't currently reside there), and I vote Suter, although if we're talking all-round play, I can't see the justification for voting Carlo at all. Strictly offensively, its closer though.

Big Bill

Feb 27, 2002
Land of milk & honey
Visit site
Hossa said:
Hey, only the GTA will vote Carlo, lol ;) . I'm from Ontario (even though I don't currently reside there), and I vote Suter, although if we're talking all-round play, I can't see the justification for voting Carlo at all. Strictly offensively, its closer though.

Suter.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Kryoptix said:
Suter is better IMO but not by a big margin ..

I think it's quite a large margin.

Suter is the better all around d-man and has a tad better offensive instincts. He's also younger.

Suter was one of the most underrated players in the 2003 draft around season beginning to 3/4 of the way through. Most didn't know WHERE he would be taken until near draft day.

Then the GMs got smart.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Reveille said:
I think it's quite a large margin.

Suter is the better all around d-man and has a tad better offensive instincts. He's also younger.

Suter was one of the most underrated players in the 2003 draft around season beginning to 3/4 of the way through. Most didn't know WHERE he would be taken until near draft day.

Then the GMs got smart.
im not talking about all round defensive game ...
im talking about offensive game !
suter is behind hamhuis in terms of offensive skills
so he'll play behind him and will collect less pts IMO
but he still a better defenseman in any types of situations..

#37-#93-#27*

SmokeyClause said:
I would tend to say Suter but with Hamhuis on his team, PP point time won't be as readily available as it MIGHT be on Toronto in 6-10 years.

Suter has more offensive talent according to what I have read but I haven't seen Carlo. Though, methinks he might be a touch overrated by the Leafs HF editor.
Toronto has Kaberle

no guarantees with Hamhuis yet, Suter has better chance to plant himself as the #1 pp pointman then Carlo at this point

I would take Suter if given the choice

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Can I, Can I have both?

If we are only referring to offensive potential, than it's pretty close. Both are smart offensive players who QB the Powerplay very well.

I'd say in strictly offensive potential, they are pretty equal.

But if we are talking about who is the better prospect, then it's definitely Suter simply because he's better all around, tougher and younger.

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
#37-#93-#27 said:
Toronto has Kaberle

no guarantees with Hamhuis yet, Suter has better chance to plant himself as the #1 pp pointman then Carlo at this point

I would take Suter if given the choice

Kaberle will be around 35 in 10 years. The odds that he are with the leafs then are rare. That's why I said what I said.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
SmokeyClause said:
I think he is. He's an 8 according to whoever runs the leafs page. Suter is a 7.5 on the Preds page. Likely, the numbers should be swapped.

Cola is an 8? Jeeze. I never check their ratings for the Leafs. That's insane. He's a 7 at best.

Suter is an easy 8. He's that much better then Cola.

Mike8

Jun 24, 2002
Visit site
SmokeyClause said:
Not really. Most of us don't hate the leafs. A vocal group does. But a vocal group hates the Habs and the Rag$ as well.

I think it's just an example of a better player going up against a Leaf. If you went Kevin Klein vs. Carlo, I'm sure the consensus would be Colaiacovo. I know my vote would be there as well.

Mine wouldn't. And of course, I'd also take Suter any day over Colaiacovo. I'm not too high on Colaiacovo, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad