Confirmed with Link: COL/WSH Grubauer, Orpik for Avs 2018 2nd round pick

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
That's not bad at all even though I want nothing to do with Orpik. I hope they buy him out.

Really happy about adding Grubauer. We were talking about something like this very deal at the deadline. Hopefully the Avs have their goalie of the future now.

Last edited:

Avs44

May 16, 2011
I don't mind this one bit. Worth taking a shot to see if he can be a starter. Nice to see the Avs flexing their cap space a bit to take on Orpik

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I like it. Grubauer could be great. Orpik's contract sucks but it's just for a year and cap space is a complete non issue. Plus he's a respected vet who has performed well as a playoff warrior. Plus we have an extra 2nd.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
That's not bad at all even though I want nothing to do with Orpik. I hope they buy him out.

He's just signed for another year. I don't think he's close to being worth $5.5M but he wasn't terrible in their cup run.

He's got crazy eyes though. Real crazy.

HYGDkxe.jpg

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Grubauer and one year of Orpik for #47? Sounds good to me.

As reported earlier by BSN, the Avs didn’t have any interest in bringing Bernier back. Sakic all but spelled this out during his presser.

Turns out the Avs are willing to take a goalie with their 2nd. :sarcasm:

HockeyFan100

Oct 7, 2012
I like it. I've always liked Grubauer and they didn't give up the 16th over all pick so that is nice. Good work Joe

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
I like the move considering the price. It does make me wonder if Varlamov is fully healed. Whatever contract Colorado signs Grubauer to may give us more insight.

I'm not sure Colorado will buy out Orpik. With all of their cap space, may as well keep him around as a #7 type. Better to have him in the lineup during injuries than Siemens/Warsofsky level.

^ Pierre LeBrun debunked my second part pretty quick

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Well I'm not a huge fan of Grubauer but a 2nd plus a one year cap dump isn't a bad deal. This puts us pretty comfortably above the cap floor next year, so in case we strike out in free agency we can stand pat rather than be forced to overpay someone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad