Pre-Game Talk: COL vs VAN (10pm EST) - The Canuckening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
Put me down for wanting to face Dallas over Chicago.

Don't even have to think twice about that one.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
IMO no matter who the Avs face in the 1st round, they have a legitimate chance at winning the series.

Sounds like Garrison is out! Nobody has to block his shots! :yo:

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
And yet they haven't been able to do so all season. 7 of Dallas' 12 goals against us have come with Seguin/Benn on the ice against some combination of Staz/Landy/EJ/Hejda.

They've been the most effective players against us this season.

Avs did win the season series if I'm not mistaking against the Stars. I'm not saying it would be easy to shut those two down, but if they minimize their production, Stars don't get much scoring from anyone else, and Avs have a much more scoring depth up front, and I just don't see Stars lasting long.

avsfan9

Jul 28, 2011
I'm very excited about the playoffs... I really think the Avs are going to be a handful for whomever they face, this team has a lot of character players, and I think toews intangibles are going to be smothered by landeskogs, and mackinnons. I think these guys are going to step it up.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
4-1 against the Stars (only loss was on the home and home b2b). Also 4-1 against Chicago and Minnesota. Which is a big reason why they are where they are in the division standings.

Usually I'd be excited to get the backup goalie but it's the backup curse.

Hans Landaskog

Feb 27, 2012
Denver
4-1 against the Stars (only loss was on the home and home b2b). Also 4-1 against Chicago and Minnesota. Which is a big reason why they are where they are in the division standings.

Usually I'd be excited to get the backup goalie but it's the backup curse.

To be fair, a lot of our curses have been lifted this year.

raistlin76

Sep 18, 2004
Cracow
www.nhl.com.pl
Markstrom to start for Canucks. He should be very rusty. Also John Curry starts for Wild, so even they won't rest other best players looks like they won't help us tonight :(

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Markstrom to start for Canucks. He should be very rusty. Also John Curry starts for Wild, so even they won't rest other best players looks like they won't help us tonight :(

Do you mean to tell me that you have no confidence in this guy as the goalie?

Corbis-SF36577.jpg

D0ctorCool

Dec 3, 2008
Vancouver
Canuck fan here. Question: Have you guys been pushing hard for 1st in the West, or are you resting guys for the playoffs? I'm pro tank, and it killed me to see us beat L.A when they were resting Doughty ++.

Pathiic

Mar 13, 2014
Norway
Canucks are apparently starting Markstrom tonight, it'll be interesting to see how he does. Apparently it's his first start since the trade? That seems like unbelievably bad goalie management by Tortorella.

They have nothing to lose and they need to start giving Backstrom playtime so he can develop more. He isnt the best goalie atm but they do have decent coaching staff there in Vancouver.

And they need to see where Markstrom is at now so he will probably play the remaining games for them

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Canuck fan here. Question: Have you guys been pushing hard for 1st in the West, or are you resting guys for the playoffs? I'm pro tank, and it killed me to see us beat L.A when they were resting Doughty ++.

Definitely playing to win.

They have nothing to lose and they need to start giving Backstrom playtime so he can develop more. He isnt the best goalie atm but they do have decent coaching staff there in Vancouver.

And they need to see where Markstrom is at now so he will probably play the remaining games for them
It's Eddie Lack, and to me it seems like terrible management to expect him to start every game since Luongo was traded. Hopefully Markstrom is rusty and the Avs can put a few past him early.

member 116861

IMO no matter who the Avs face in the 1st round, they have a legitimate chance at winning the series.

Sounds like Garrison is out! Nobody has to block his shots!
:yo:

Why block his shots when he is already going to miss the net?

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
I think we have a shot at winning against either Dallas or Chicago...that said, I'd prefer the Dallas matchup just because if we win the series we get to face a beat up St. Louis or Chicago team in the 2nd round.

Pathiic

Mar 13, 2014
Norway
Definitely playing to win.

It's Eddie Lack, and to me it seems like terrible management to expect him to start every game since Luongo was traded. Hopefully Markstrom is rusty and the Avs can put a few past him early.

Eddie is their #1 for sure but markstrom got potential, alot of it. I've been baffled for a long time why they didnt juggle markstrom and Lack. Everyone saw they had no chance of getting to the playoffs, instead they simply wanted to see how far they could push lack. which was alot.

Also think markstrom will be very rusty vs an hungry avs team

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Man, that Canucks GDT is depressing. I need to go slit my wrists after reading that.

Though this might have been the greatest thing I have ever read.

Originally Posted by Ozone
At least this gives me a reason to pull out my 2 signed Linden jerseys!

Originally Posted by bo2shink
To throw them on the ice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad