GDT: COL vs. NYR: Ice Wars (9pm ET)

Easy Enough Poll: What is the best Star Wars Movie?

• The Phantom Menace

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Attack of the Clones

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Revenge of the Sith

Votes: 6 7.5%
  • A New Hope

Votes: 9 11.3%
  • The Empire Strikes Back

Votes: 46 57.5%
  • Return of the Jedi

Votes: 6 7.5%
  • Rouge One

Votes: 8 10.0%
  • Other (If you pick this, you're wrong)

Votes: 2 2.5%

• Total voters

F86puck

Feb 20, 2020
I’m already over the whole MacK streak ending and stuff. Being 2nd all time after Gretzky is not a bad accomplishment. Time to gear up for the final month of the regular season going into playoffs.

Avs do need to clear up few things going into playoffs which is far more important than MacK’s streak. They need to stop falling behind in games and play catch up. They can’t rely on coming back and winning games in the 3rd periods in the playoffs. And they need to get the PP going which has been awful lately
Agreed. In fact, I remember when Kane had his 26 game streak in 2015 (still the longest since 1992), he said the great benefit is that the fans and press can concentrate more on the team. I would have loved to see Mac beat Gretz, but on to bigger things.

And as much as I hate to acknowledge it, Gretzky never had an empty-net point in his home streak (at least not one where the streak was dependent on it). Truly an unbelievable stat.

Reactions: the_fan

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I don’t see what’s unclear? A player can’t “bat” the puck to his teammate. It’s basically the same rule as kicking the puck into the net.

I'm fine with the call, but the rule is unclear because they say you CAN bat a puck in the air, or push it with your hand "unless in the opinion of the on ice officials he has directed the puck to a teammate, OR has allowed his team to gain an advantage, and subsequently possession and control of the puck is obtained."

So right off the bat there's a shit ton of subjectivity by the official in the rule. It's not black and white at all.

Beyond that, the "Or has allowed his team to gain an advantage" part could be interpreted to cover a wide rage of actions, including that play. It depends on how the official would define "gain an advantage." Clearly it went off the glove, and clearly they gained possession, and control afterwards.

It's so vague, that the rule as written could support either a hand pass, or a non hand pass, in almost every situation where it bounces off a glove to a teammate.

It really should be re-written to be more black and white. Just say a puck can't go off a glove to a teammate, or if they prefer leave the can't direct a puck to a teammate part, but take out the "or has allowed his team to gain an advantage" part. It just muddies up the definition.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I'm fine with the call, but the rule is unclear because they say you CAN bat a puck in the air, or push it with your hand "unless in the opinion of the on ice officials he has directed the puck to a teammate, OR has allowed his team to gain an advantage, and subsequently possession and control of the puck is obtained."

So right off the bat there's a shit ton of subjectivity by the official in the rule. It's not black and white at all.

Beyond that, the "Or has allowed his team to gain an advantage" part could be interpreted to cover a wide rage of actions, including that play. It depends on how the official would define "gain an advantage." Clearly it went off the glove, and clearly they gained possession, and control afterwards.

It's so vague, that the rule as written could support either a hand pass, or a non hand pass, in almost every situation where it bounces off a glove to a teammate.

It really should be re-written to be more black and white. Just say a puck can't go off a glove to a teammate, or if they prefer leave the can't direct a puck to a teammate part, but take out the "or has allowed his team to gain an advantage" part. It just muddies up the definition.
Idk, I guess I just interpret it like the kicking motion. You can kick the puck anywhere on the ice, but can’t kick it in the net. You can bat the puck out of the zone, away from the net, etc. But not to a teammate or in the net.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
I’m already over the whole MacK streak ending and stuff. Being 2nd all time after Gretzky is not a bad accomplishment. Time to gear up for the final month of the regular season going into playoffs.

Avs do need to clear up few things going into playoffs which is far more important than MacK’s streak. They need to stop falling behind in games and play catch up. They can’t rely on coming back and winning games in the 3rd periods in the playoffs. And they need to get the PP going which has been awful lately

MacK needs to be content with being the bridesmaid. He's the perennial #2.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I have it on good authority that it was @henchman21 .
200w.gif

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
It is very clear

The sweeping action by Lindgren is about as own goal as it gets. This isn't a bounce of a shinpad or shaft... this was a sweep in. You could argue Rantanen caused the sweep, but that doesn't matter in who gets awarded the points.

LOL
That's pretty much as own goal as you can get. :laugh:
Except maybe for that time Bergevin threw the puck into his own net.

Reactions: henchman21

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Attack of the Clone is actually pretty solid if you cut out anything Hayden Christiansen or love-related scenes. If you like investigation or crime-esque forms of entertainment, Obi-Wan's journey in that movie is top-notch IMHO. @ABasin

Reactions: missionAvs

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Attack of the Clone is actually pretty solid if you cut out anything Hayden Christiansen or love-related scenes. If you like investigation or crime-esque forms of entertainment, Obi-Wan's journey in that movie is top-notch IMHO. @ABasin

Agree 10000% here. Hayden did much better in Episode 3 and even the new Ahsoka series. His character in Episode 2 was all sorts mega shit.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00