Proposal: COL - VAN (Offseason)

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Rantanen + Ritchie (Willing to add in a pick too) for EP40.
You really think the Avs will have two C's making $12.5MM or more? EP could ask for and get more than $12.6MM (Mack's AAV). EP is one of the best two way centers in the NHL in the middle of his prime. He's going to get paid bigly.

Vancouver has been to the playoff once? in EPs career. And it was only because of the weird bubble/covid event with no fans. Super weird and probably a rather bad experience for many of those guys.

EP has said he wanted to win and he hasn't enjoyed that in his career. He's never played a playoff game in front of fans. But guess what... Vancouver is going to make the playoffs this season, maybe as a very high seed. The guy has been saying he wants to play on a winner and he's on one.

Far be it from me to support Vancouver, but lets allow that club enjoy some success and see if their GM can resign a core player that is probably pretty pleased with how this season is going in Vancouver and for him personally (1.23 PPG, probably going to score around 40 goals and he's +14). Currently on the #1 team in the conference. Does that stat line read like a guy in a bad situation?

If he still doesn't want to resign this offseason, then he doesn't want to play there and winning isn't his motivation. It's something else. And if that is the case.. .Do the Avs want a guy that doesn't put winning as his top priority... because it looks like Vancouver is a place the guy can win some games.

Man I hate these EP threads given the changing circumstances. They are BS.

I'm also not excited about the Avs going the Toronto route putting all their eggs in the basket of just a select few players. When has that proven to be a winning formula? Tampa didn't do that. Avs didn't do that. Vegas didn't do that. Blues didn't do that. Caps didn't do that.

Reactions: Szechwan and Tempo

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
Guys, please keep in mind that this is all nothing but media driven non sense. Ep has been clear all year that he doesn't want to negotiate during the season, which is exactly what he has followed through on. The fact he is staying true to his word does not mean he wants out, or won't sign or has crazy demands. This "EP Issue" is just the media trying to find something to talk about, because the Canucks, EP and his agent are not giving them anything. Based on the Canucks having a very strong team, their willingness to pay up ($12mil has been rumored), and the teams history with Swedes, I'm pretty sure he will be signed shortly after the season.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
Guys, please keep in mind that this is all nothing but media driven non sense. Ep has been clear all year that he doesn't want to negotiate during the season, which is exactly what he has followed through on. The fact he is staying true to his word does not mean he wants out, or won't sign or has crazy demands. This "EP Issue" is just the media trying to find something to talk about, because the Canucks, EP and his agent are not giving them anything. Based on the Canucks having a very strong team, their willingness to pay up ($12mil has been rumored), and the teams history with Swedes, I'm pretty sure he will be signed shortly after the season.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
I would only do it if its rant and byram
Why? If you actually traded EP, wouldn't you want a Center in return? Byram would make more sense if you didn't have Hughes, but you do.

TSN just labeled Ritchie as the 6th best affiliated prospect in hockey. #5 is Mitchkov,

And congrats. Looks like Vancouver finally made some good picks. You got two in the top 10.

I think EP will resign long term with Vancouver this offseason. And it's going to be more than $12MM per. I bet it's more than MacKinnon got.

EP resigns for 8 years x $12.75MM AAV.

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
it would just be his rights. shouldnt cost that much imo
He's got a year left. Moot point since he's re-signing here.

All these threads are ridiculously ridiculous.

EP's exact words in August were I want to wait till next summer because I'm betting on myself and he's not sure if he goes 8 or a shorter one likely setting himself up for a massive payday like AM34 has done.
Elliot and the usual suspects gaslighting a market that is easily lit just to get traffic is pathetic.
EP has said nothing will happen till the summer and the media should quit trying to create drama and instead talk about all the good things this team is doing.

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
Why? If you actually traded EP, wouldn't you want a Center in return? Byram would make more sense if you didn't have Hughes, but you do.

TSN just labeled Ritchie as the 6th best affiliated prospect in hockey. #5 is Mitchkov,

And congrats. Looks like Vancouver finally made some good picks. You got two in the top 10.

I think EP will resign long term with Vancouver this offseason. And it's going to be more than $12MM per. I bet it's more than MacKinnon got.

EP resigns for 8 years x $12.75MM AAV.
Are you ok? You never say anything good about Vancouver 😋 if you need help type flugelhorn.
Ritchie is turning out to be a real homerun

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Only way I see this being even close, is if Rantanen is agreeing to a fairly reasonable extension with Vancouver as part of the deal. Something like 8x$11M.

Given that he's a UFA in a year and also that I highly doubt he takes just $11M... I think the Avs would have to add a decent. Or, pivot from Ritchie and make it Byram.

Then the Avs can keep Ritchie as he could prove to be an extremely valuable ELC Top 9 player in the next couple of years. Or they can use him for other moves later on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad