Confirmed with Link: COL trades Barrie(50% retained)/Kerfoot/2020 6th to TOR for Kadri/Rosen/2020 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cappuccino

Aug 18, 2017
the Netherlands
I know this is going to sound crazy, but hear me out. Is it possible this was a win-win trade?

Ohh for sure. Both (traded) players fill a big hole. That they are both in another conference and won't (baring they both make it to the finals) meet in the playoffs made it a lot easier to make this trade.

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012

Thought you guys might enjoy seeing this. Loving Barrie so far and will def be cheering for the Avs and my boy Kadri. How has Rosen looked so far? A lot of us on the leafs board thought he should have played the entire year with us last season.

I think Rosen should have made the NHL but he got sent down to the AHL. Think it was more because the Avs would have had to expose someone on waivers if they sent one of the other D men down or something like that. Rosen's passing is particularly impressive. Frankly I was shocked the TML traded him away.

Reactions: MacBradley

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I know this is going to sound crazy, but hear me out. Is it possible this was a win-win trade?

I think from a needs perspective it's a win-win for one year only.

Unfortunately for the Leafs, in order for this to be a win-win beyond that it doesn't even matter how well Barrie plays this year. The Leafs either need to re-sign him or win the Cup this year. Both are going to be tough to do for them.

Unless they get hit with injuries it seems doubtful they'll be bad enough to trade him at the deadline and recoup their assets.

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
I think from a needs perspective it's a win-win for one year only.

Unfortunately for the Leafs, in order for this to be a win-win beyond that it doesn't even matter how well Barrie plays this year. The Leafs either need to re-sign him or win the Cup this year. Both are going to be tough to do for them.

Unless they get hit with injuries it seems doubtful they'll be bad enough to trade him at the deadline and recoup their assets.

One of the Barrie threads on the TML boards is already discussing the cap issues they'll face in resigning him. He's a talented and great offensive player but I'm glad the Avs won't have to be dealing with re-signing Barrie.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
What if I am??!!??!!
Impressive. You joined this forum, shortly after clawing and scratching your way out of the womb.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad