GDT: COL @ PIT | Oct-16-2019 | 5 PM MDT

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Outside "our" control? Let's be clear here, we fans have no control over this stuff. In generally it's good to have perspective about things we don't have control over.

The players do and coaches do have control, and they can grow and get smarter when they make mistakes and when they do dumb things. What else are they going to do with it? Poor effort may be do to injury or a particular temporary psychological state at any given time, things we are fans are not privy to. The idea that there's only certain kinds of things that players and coaches can learn and grow from is pretty crazy to be honest. Is the idea here that these are not human beings just like us? What do you do when you have a bad moment and screw up? Ideally, you own up, grow and learn. When it comes to sports we are watching other people's lives and actions and all we can do is watch how they own up, grow and learn. Maybe this delusion that it's "us" is what drives fans to crazy overreaction....

Huh?

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
Sorry if i'm late to the party , but what are the news for Nathan Mackinnon's injury ?
I watched the game last night and i can tell you that it's been a while since i went to bed this frustrated . :(

Reactions: MacBradley

wayninja

Bednar's Tailor
Mar 24, 2017
Speaking of the Post-Game Talk.... Is it too early to get the one for Florida started?

Now hear me out for a second.... Maybe the reason we lost to Pittsburgh yesterday was because the Post-Game Talk thread wasn't started early enough. Maybe by starting that thread now we'll actually beat Florida 7-1 tomorrow and discover the true secret behind the PGTs.

Well, if we are going to go this route... maybe we should look into the GDT and find out if who started it was the person who was supposed to start it. Talk about pouring a can of voodoo all over your mojo.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Sorry if i'm late to the party , but what are the news for Nathan Mackinnon's injury ?
I watched the game last night and i can tell you that it's been a while since i went to bed this frustrated . :(

I don't think we've had an official update, but it's most likely just a charley horse. He was grabbing his thigh after the hit not his knee, and was flexing it all night. Bednar called it a charley horse during his in game interview too.

I still think that was a dirty hit though. Hornqvist went straight at him and instead of hitting through Nate's core or chest, he bent over and targeted his lower body. That's incredibly dangerous. A few inches lower and his season is over.

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
I don't think we've had an official update, but it's most likely just a charley horse. He was grabbing his thigh after the hit not his knee, and was flexing it all night. Bednar called it a charley horse during his in game interview too.

I still think that was a dirty hit though. Hornqvist went straight at him and instead of hitting through Nate's core or chest, he bent over and targeted his lower body. That's incredibly dangerous. A few inches lower and his season is over.

Thanks for the quick reply . Yeah i watched the game and heard Badnar talked about a charley horse, I was hoping to learn a little but from you guys today , hoping that you had an update.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
He looked a lot better at the end of the game. I'm pretty sure he'll be back to normal in a few days.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I don’t think there was anything wrong with the hit, personally.

I wouldn’t be surprised if MacKinnon misses a game. The way he was flexing it all game, every break, constantly moving, its going to tighten up big time.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
If MacK misses any games, will that jeopardize the chances of going 81-0-1, or will the boys pull through?

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I don’t think there was anything wrong with the hit, personally.

I wouldn’t be surprised if MacKinnon misses a game. The way he was flexing it all game, every break, constantly moving, its going to tighten up big time.

Do you think Hornqvist got lucky he didn't hit Nate's knee when he went straight at him and bent over, or he knew he wouldn't hit his knee? I think he misjudged his angle and stuck his butt out to make up for it. Nate didn't really move or try to dance around the hit like Olczyk suggested. To me that's a dangerous play, and both players got lucky it didn't connect a few inches lower.

Reactions: MacBradley

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
He wouldn't even need to score or provide any kind of offense. His mere presence at center would force the opposition to vacate the front of their net. Shooting gallery from there.

giphy.gif

Spirits

Avalanche and Vikings
Jul 12, 2014
Give it time. If you are still thinking about it two weeks, get a therapist.
Yeah, I'll be sure to take advice from some idiot online. I'm also relatively sure that Bednar and company also think this is a fine way to lose a game. What a moron.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad