Confirmed Trade: [COL/OTT] Vladislav Namestnikov for 2021 4th round pick

Ncit3

Oct 19, 2011
Colorado
Maybe I just like Russian names but I always have thought he had a badass name. You can never have enough badass names on a team. The defining factor of a good team is how cool they sound, right?

Reactions: Grigo

Number 204

Oct 5, 2017
nice good pick for the Avalanche and for a 4th rounder to right on

Last edited:

Kale Makar

Lets go Aves?
Apr 17, 2013
Denver, CO
For a 4th? Absolutely a good move imo. Has 13 goals on the season, and I mean if we were able to bring Nichushkin back from the dead, who knows maybe Namestniov will be a 30 goal scorer by the end of the season ;)

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Mac Attack

Beefy Legs
Aug 15, 2018
For a 4th? Absolutely a good move imo. Has 13 goals on the season, and I mean if we were able to bring Nichushkin back from the dead, who knows maybe Namestniov will be a 30 goal scorer by the end of the season ;)
They both have complicated long names that start with N. Gonna be the same result for sure!! I'm happy with the trade.

Reactions: Colorado Mackinnons

ETTHAKING67

Feb 12, 2019
I'm really good with that move. He will be able to help with the injuries for now and will be an interesting depth guy for our playoff run. He can play on the PK as well.

Mac Attack

Beefy Legs
Aug 15, 2018
I'm really good with that move. He will be able to help with the injuries for now and will be an interesting depth guy for our playoff run. He can play on the PK as well.
He PKs as well? Nice. Happy to have a fill in guy to help while there are injuries for a cheap price.

Reactions: ETTHAKING67

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
Good luck Nate! Wish you the best in Philly! You guys will love him, solid FO, great PK, decent speed

Gabe the Babe

Apr 24, 2014
Vlad is super talented and he could give the Avs a ton on the PK. Plus it’s one more NHL body in case injuries happen. Can’t play Tynan/Dries type players in the playoffs.

I could see this being a Nichushkin type of move. Calculated but cheap gamble they can get more out of a talented player.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Vlad is super talented and he could give the Avs a ton on the PK. Plus it’s one more NHL body in case injuries happen. Can’t play Tynan/Dries type players in the playoffs.

I could see this being a Nichushkin type of move. Calculated but cheap gamble they can get more out of a talented player.

Yep. Like everyone said, very underrated move. Vlad offers some defensive presence up front, PK help, and depth scoring. And came at a low price.

Reactions: TheRarestDangles

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
This was absolutely the steal of deadline day for me. I really don't get why Namestnikov was so cheap. The guy is exactly what you want in a rental. He can play pretty much any position anywhere up and down your lineup, and can complement good players. Can contribute to both special teams. Doesn't seem to rock the boat or anything, just quietly goes about his business.

Really the only knock i can think of, is that his salary is probably a million more than it should be. But it's only for the rest of the year, and then he's cut loose and you have no commitment to him at that $$$ value. So it's easy to walk away when it's done.

Really solid value for a 4th round pick at the deadline...much less a future 4th round pick a year off, which has even less value.

Reactions: ViD

not a troll

Oct 24, 2012
This was absolutely the steal of deadline day for me. I really don't get why Namestnikov was so cheap. The guy is exactly what you want in a rental. He can play pretty much any position anywhere up and down your lineup, and can complement good players. Can contribute to both special teams. Doesn't seem to rock the boat or anything, just quietly goes about his business.

Really the only knock i can think of, is that his salary is probably a million more than it should be. But it's only for the rest of the year, and then he's cut loose and you have no commitment to him at that $$$ value. So it's easy to walk away when it's done.

Really solid value for a 4th round pick at the deadline...much less a future 4th round pick a year off, which has even less value.
Yeah, I don't get why Dorion agreed to a 2021 pick. Would that really have been a deal breaker to ask for this year's pick instead?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->