Confirmed Trade: [COL/OTT] Avalanche trades JC Beaudin to Ottawa for Max McCormick

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Loved JC Beaudin, not sure why Avs did this to be fairly honest. He's a very high IQ guy who's best attributes is as a playmaker, but his IQ strength also makes him a natural good two-way player too. Has NHL level talent, but if there is one negative and why Avs shipped him out is that he's afraid to get hit and is quite weak with the puck. Not very good weaknesses which will probably prevent him from rising in the leagues, but someone I would much rather have kept and see what happened in the future.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Loved JC Beaudin, not sure why Avs did this to be fairly honest. He's a very high IQ guy who's best attributes is as a playmaker, but his IQ strength also makes him a natural good two-way player too. Has NHL level talent, but if there is one negative and why Avs shipped him out is that he's afraid to get hit and is quite weak with the puck. Not very good weaknesses which will probably prevent him from rising in the leagues, but someone I would much rather have kept and see what happened in the future.

Wont take a hit to make a play? You dont "grow" out of that. Soft players dont suddenly develop a backbone one day regardless of what anyone says.

27 points in 30 games (albeit a small sample size) is pretty good for a sophomore pro though. I generally notice if a guy goes around PPG in his second pro year, theres usually some top 9 potential in them.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Wont take a hit to make a play? You dont "grow" out of that. Soft players dont suddenly develop a backbone one day regardless of what anyone says.

27 points in 30 games (albeit a small sample size) is pretty good for a sophomore pro though. I generally notice if a guy goes around PPG in his second pro year, theres usually some top 9 potential in them.
That's why he probably will top off as a solid European player, but won't ever make the NHL in the long-run.

Reactions: derriko

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Mad Max will take on anyone ,and will hustle...But just couldnt find his spot ,maybe he pans out a little better with the AVS

Last edited:

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

That was 27 points in 30 games in the ECHL.... Really not impressive at all.

He's not an NHL forward. Far too soft and not skilled enough to make it. I had Hoped he'd be better and believed he could but yeah the writing is very clearly on the wall with him.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Yes, he feels bad so he did an AHL for AHL deal.

Yeah I was clearly serious. Well done.

Its a money saving move by the sens if anything, most people on the sens board that have shown consistent hockey knowledge were absolutely floored when Mccormick got a 1 way deal.

I dont think anyone is expecting anything out of Beaudin, Mccormick is a UFA Colorado has probably given up on the player and just wanted room for another contract next season.

Reactions: Semyon Says

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
Trade was made so that Ottawa can free up cash and cap space to make room for Mark Stone and his new deal. Announcement coming this week.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
I hope Ottawa Nights Watch and Mark Snow keeps an eye on this Janos Beaudin guy

Super Hans

Stats Evangelist
Oct 9, 2016
Joe needed a new first call-up now that it seems like Bourque and Dries are NHL regulars now.

Reactions: cgf

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
That was 27 points in 30 games in the ECHL.... Really not impressive at all.

He's not an NHL forward. Far too soft and not skilled enough to make it. I had Hoped he'd be better and believed he could but yeah the writing is very clearly on the wall with him.

Dayum...didnt realize this was in the ECHL. Changed from Ottawa's advantage to Colorado's strictly because they clear a roster slot this summer while Ott is stuck with a plug taking a spot next year.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I could see McCormick being a nice 13th forward for the Avs. Won't back down frok anyone, hits, skates, and has a ton of energy. Reminds me a bit of Cam Jansen.

To be honest he can contribute as well, not the most talented guy but creates havoc around the net.

Won hardest worker in Sens dev camp as well. Worst case he'll be in the minors and he's a pretty good addition there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad