Confirmed Trade: [COL/OTT] Avalanche trades JC Beaudin to Ottawa for Max McCormick

Barklez

Bednar Fanboy
Mar 27, 2011
BC
He's short but a feisty one. I personally liked him as a 4th liner when he got his chances in the NHL, but he never stuck.

He has no offensive talents at that level, but man he was a little ball of hate. Hitting everything that moved, and goading guys into fights every game. Seemed like he had a fight per game when he would get called up.

His defensive positioning isnt bad, nor is his Iq. Skating is decent to good. I would have no problem with him being a 13th forward on a lot of teams.

Sounds like he'll fit right in on our 3rd line!

Reactions: double5son10

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Season saved! Way to go Joe! See what kind of blockbuster you can pull off if you just wait until the season has already slipped away before waking up from your nap?

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Not familiar with McCormick. Any good? His strentghs?

Slightly undersized pest. Hard worker with above average compete. Not an NHL skilled player, but not out of place as an energy guy who can play 20 games a year.

He's the guy who of your 13 and 14th forwards are hurt you call up and it works out okay relative to expectations.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Slightly undersized pest. Hard worker with above average compete. Not an NHL skilled player, but not out of place as an energy guy who can play 20 games a year.

He's the guy who of your 13 and 14th forwards are hurt you call up and it works out okay relative to expectations.

Sounds like our new 5th best forward!

Reactions: MacBradley

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I dont mind the deal.

Whatever Beaudin’s upside is, he wasn’t developing with us. McCormick at least adds some toughness and improves the team.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Saves Melnyk roughly 200k and they get something for a guy they probably weren't bringing back. Seems like a pretty clear AHL upgrade for the Avs farm team rest of season though (not that they look like a playoff threat either).

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Sounds good! We could use positive energ or hustle.
Thats the nicest scouting report you will ever read for Mccormick. He is not an NHL player. Skating is certainly not nhl level. He isnt big enough to be a physical force. On a 1 way deal suprised Colorado gave anything of value. Maybe sakic feels bad about ripping dorion off so badly. Who knows.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Can he play goalie? Like literally, can he just stand there in net with some goalie gear on and block some weak shots and bad wrap-around attempts in the first period of a game? That would be a huge improvement over what we have going on.

Or we could just play Francousz but that would be too logical.

Reactions: MacBradley

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Thats the nicest scouting report you will ever read for Mccormick. He is not an NHL player. Skating is certainly not nhl level. He isnt big enough to be a physical force. On a 1 way deal suprised Colorado gave anything of value. Maybe sakic feels bad about ripping dorion off so badly. Who knows.
Yes, he feels bad so he did an AHL for AHL deal.

Reactions: Hellraising Senator

rmthomson21

Sep 22, 2015
DMV

Don't get too excited - both of these pieces are on roughly the same level as "future considerations"

Reactions: bert

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Could be worse.

True, 2017 wasn't so long ago that I've already forgotten...but I got suckered into having hope in this inept franchise this season, and that hurts even more than simply being terrible from day 1. There's something freeing about rooting for a franchise that you know is hopeless...

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
This reeks of a drunk phonecall from Dorion begging for his 1st back - he wakes up in the morning, sees this trade was made and asks himself what happened last night ?

Reactions: Meeqs

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Sens might have won this trade.

Not sure why the AVs even made this deal. They have enough "plugs" in the system.

I think they've been evaluating which of the 500 players on expiring contracts they were planning on resigning. Once they decided JCB wasn't one of them they wanted to see if they could get something out of it. Some extra grit in the minors never hurts.

It'll also be interesting to see if JCB can develop in the sens AHL as a test to compare ours against and see if it was the player or the Dev process (which is currently pretty rough).

While JCB had promise in his draft year at this point I don't ever see him being an NHLer, he just didn't grow at the rate they were hoping.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->