Confirmed Trade: [COL/OTT] Avalanche trades JC Beaudin to Ottawa for Max McCormick

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
I wonder if the conversation went like this:

Melnyk: "Hey, uh, we wanted to know, uh, what would it take to get our 1st round pick back?"
Sakic: "Are you offering us Chabot + Stone + Tkachuk +?"
Melnyk: "No!!"
Sakic: "Okay well, we can offer you JC Beaudin for Max McCormick"
Melnyk: "Ok deal!"

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Not familiar with McCormick. Any good? His strentghs?

He's short but a feisty one. I personally liked him as a 4th liner when he got his chances in the NHL, but he never stuck.

He has no offensive talents at that level, but man he was a little ball of hate. Hitting everything that moved, and goading guys into fights every game. Seemed like he had a fight per game when he would get called up.

His defensive positioning isnt bad, nor is his Iq. Skating is decent to good. I would have no problem with him being a 13th forward on a lot of teams.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
He's short but a feisty one. I personally liked him as a 4th liner when he got his chances in the NHL, but he never stuck.

He has no offensive talents at that level, but man he was a little ball of hate. Hitting everything that moved, and goading guys into fights every game. Seemed like he had a fight per game when he would get called up.

His defensive positioning isnt bad, nor is his Iq. Skating is decent to good. I would have no problem with him being a 13th forward on a lot of teams.

Sounds good! We could use positive energ or hustle.

Artanis

Dec 1, 2011
Ottawa

He's also constantly injured.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site

Basically, he's not an NHL player, but he's a useful organizational guy, one-way contract notwithstanding.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Sakic already made his quota on the annual minor TDL.

Don't know much about McCormick, but he seems to be more of the same 4th liners. Beaudin never developed and preferred they kept him.

Artanis

Dec 1, 2011
Ottawa
Sakic already made his quota on the annual minor TDL.

Don't know much about McCormick, but he seems to be more of the same 4th liners. Beaudin never developed and preferred they kept him.

He's your typical 4th liner. Crash and bangs, kills penalties. He get's injured a lot though.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
He's your typical 4th liner. Crash and bangs, kills penalties. He get's injured a lot though.

Sens might have won this trade.

Not sure why the AVs even made this deal. They have enough "plugs" in the system.

Chootoi

Jan 7, 2005
I wonder if the conversation went like this:

Melnyk: "Hey, uh, we wanted to know, uh, what would it take to get our 1st round pick back?"
Sakic: "Are you offering us Chabot + Stone + Tkachuk +?"
Melnyk: "No!!"
Sakic: "Okay well, we can offer you JC Beaudin for Max McCormick"
Melnyk: "Ok deal!"

"Maybe if I can break the ice with a small meaningless deal now, I can work up to get the 1st rounder out of him later."

- Pierre Dorion, Canadian Pickers fanboy

Reactions: HartKinnon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad