Proposal: COL & NYR

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018
Colorado needs secondary scoring bad, have collected some decent assets and have created one of the top 5 lines in the league.

The Rangers are in the midst of a rebuild/re-tool.

Proposal:
To Colorado:
Mika Zibanead
Kevin Hayes

To NewYork:
Tyson Jost
Colorado 2019 first (top 10 protected)*
Colorado 2019 second
Colorado 2020 second
*Colorado 2019 third if pick moves to 2020

Close, way off, thoughts?

Gorton was spitting in your face in case you didn't notice.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
I could see the Avs being interested in Zibby but not both him and hayes. Not sure if the Avs are in a spot where they would be interested in moving Jost so early. Also it is very unlikely the Avs give up that many picks for Zibby. That's a massive return that Zibby doesn't warrant.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Zibby is not available.

Either wow us with overpayment or gtfo. Offering a protected 1st is a joke.

Pretty sure Avs fans are all offering their first unprotected. Offering the Ottawa 1st for Zibanejad and then asking for more is the bigger joke. Let alone the people thinking Jost + Timmins plus more.

We're looking at a 50-60 point center, even during the increased scoring years. He's good, maybe a low-end #1 center. But he's not garnering 3 golden tickets. Jost + Avs 1st is more than fair and if that's not appealing then Avs should look elsewhere. And by no means is Hayes worth even close to that.

Reactions: Bender

OilerSuperstar17

Oct 5, 2012
Colorado needs secondary scoring bad, have collected some decent assets and have created one of the top 5 lines in the league.

The Rangers are in the midst of a rebuild/re-tool.

Proposal:
To Colorado:
Mika Zibanead
Kevin Hayes

To NewYork:
Tyson Jost
Colorado 2019 second
Colorado 2020 second
*Colorado 2019 third if pick moves to 2020

Close, way off, thoughts?

Rangers should take this and run

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Pretty sure Avs fans are all offering their first unprotected.

Oks.gif

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
The OP is awful. If I'm giving up Zibanejad, there's no protection on Colorado's pick. I understand Ottawa's wouldn't be available for Zibanejad, but there's no way I'm doing the OP.

If I'm dealing Zibanejad, I'm looking for a 1st, prospect and depending on the prospect, possibly a young roster player with it. He's on a team friendly contract and had his best year last year, scoring 27 goals and 47 points while missing 10 games and is at a point per game right now.

Don't like it? I'm cool holding onto him.

Reactions: Dijock94

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
................... what?

Bern I get you not wanting someone to out Bern you, but I thought my trade was atleast close. Not to mention you derail the thread a bit by posting three separate trades. I get wanting to show how Zib and Hayes can have more value splitting them up, but throwing trades that no team except NYR would do does not help move the conversation along, but rather splits it into eight different directions.

I’m going to stay to my original proposal and move towards just targeting Zib as people have said more value this way. Also to the people who say we don’t need top 10 protection on our pick because we’ll be drafting in the 20’s, I respectfully disagree.

So to help find tune the offer:
Jost
Colorado 2019 first (top 10) protected
Colorado 2019 second

OP, like I said, kudos on not mailing it in
However, while I did not explain EVERYTHING
I did want to highlight how whoever is placing a bid, to be the winning one, it must be the best return for NYR.

I think my deals for BUF and VAN are better returns to NY.
No hijacking cause I am not inviting nor making any further comment on them in this thread. I am properly illustrating my point, your offer is not chopped liver, but Rangers can do better.

You are at liberty to hold if you wish, but late 1sts unprotected are not gonna do it.

I do not suggest moving Kreider lightly, but bookending him w/MacK. is a tough to beat dynamic duo, and you move Landeskog down and that gives you the bolster you said you wanted.

Anyhoo, I am all about the competition of ideas.
If you can tweak yours for Zib, go for it, I'm all ears.

Crushed for coupla days, will respond further then.

best and have a nice w'e.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
OP, like I said, kudos on not mailing it in
However, while I did not explain EVERYTHING
I did want to highlight how whoever is placing a bid, to be the winning one, it must be the best return for NYR.

I think my deals for BUF and VAN are better returns to NY.
No hijacking cause I am not inviting nor making any further comment on them in this thread. I am properly illustrating my point, your offer is not chopped liver, but Rangers can do better.

You are at liberty to hold if you wish, but late 1sts unprotected are not gonna do it.

I do not suggest moving Kreider lightly, but bookending him w/MacK. is a tough to beat dynamic duo, and you move Landeskog down and that gives you the bolster you said you wanted.

Anyhoo, I am all about the competition of ideas.
If you can tweak yours for Zib, go for it, I'm all ears.

Crushed for coupla days, will respond further then.

best and have a nice w'e.

I don’t disagree with those being better returns, I’m saying that they’re so lopsided in favor of NY that it’s not practical. I do however agree with your overall point of getting more by splitting up assets.

I also don’t necessarily believe our pick will be late, but more likely mid first. Even with the addition of Zib we’re one injury away from falling out of playoffs (knock on wood). Thus the first round protection.

I would love both Kreider and Zibs on my team, but the price you are asking is just to high for what any Avs fan would be willing to pay. I could reasonable give up an Avs first, Jost and Timmins for Zib, but much more and it starts to no longer be worth it.

Have a great weekend as well Bern.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
I don’t disagree with those being better returns, I’m saying that they’re so lopsided in favor of NY that it’s not practical. I do however agree with your overall point of getting more by splitting up assets.

I also don’t necessarily believe our pick will be late, but more likely mid first. Even with the addition of Zib we’re one injury away from falling out of playoffs (knock on wood). Thus the first round protection.

I would love both Kreider and Zibs on my team, but the price you are asking is just to high for what any Avs fan would be willing to pay. I could reasonable give up an Avs first, Jost and Timmins for Zib, but much more and it starts to no longer be worth it.

Have a great weekend as well Bern.

I think this should be shutdown. NYR fans are being totally unreasonable and should just keep Zib.

AVs should keep Jost and 1st. Draft the 2C they need with their 2-1st and shift Jost to Wing.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
First thought is if you want both out top 1-2 centers that 1st round pick protection has to go, completely.

This is the Colorado pick, not the Ottawa pick which is likely to be in the 20s after solidifying your center position.

We would need additional prospect like Jost instead of the picks.

Someone like Connor Timmins comes to mind.

Jost, Timmins, Avs 1st, 2nd (both in the 2019 draft) and 2nd in 2020.

Even then I think we could do better by separating Hayes and Mika

Yeah I bet he does! No. Not even close.

The pick must be in the top 10 if Zibby is getting moved to the Avs. There's nothing else Avs could realistically offer that would entice us enough to trade Zibanejad.

Yes because what is it exactly about Zibanejad that makes him worth a Top-10 pick exactly?? Is it his career high 51 points or the fact that he gets really hot and then really, really cold all the frikkin' time? (Yes, fans of other teams know that about him as well)

He started really hot last year and then finished with 47 points.

I think Mika is being overvalued a bit. A good goal scorer but this is a guy who's only put up one 50pt season... giving up the Ott 1st, Jost, ++ just isn't a good trade for Colorado.

I think he's being overvalued A LOT. (see post below)

He's about a 50 - 55 pts/season player.
Based on 82 games.
I looked at the last 4 seasons and this year (since the last time he played in the A) and his average per 82 gp is 49.8.
His best season, in 81 games was 51 points.
Last season his 82 game pace was 53.5 pts.
You telling me he gets hurt all the time and goes dry doesn't help your case.

I've seen him play plenty. And this is what I see.

Good discussion.
Thanks.

This is what ANY interested team is going to look at when trading for this guy and I don't see any team gutting itself to acquire a guy who won't put them over the top....he certainly wouldn't in Colorado. Would he make them better? Sure but he's not THE missing piece they need...not even close, really.

Zibby is not available.

Either wow us with overpayment or gtfo. Offering a protected 1st is a joke.

Keep him.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
I think this should be shutdown. NYR fans are being totally unreasonable and should just keep Zib.

AVs should keep Jost and 1st. Draft the 2C they need with their 2-1st and shift Jost to Wing.

This thread wasn't created by a Ranger fan. We have no desire to trade Zib, our only right handed center who is still young and on a great contract. If you guys want him, you have to overpay. It's as simple as that.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Yes because what is it exactly about Zibanejad that makes him worth a Top-10 pick exactly?? Is it his career high 51 points or the fact that he gets really hot and then really, really cold all the frikkin' time? (Yes, fans of other teams know that about him as well)

He started really hot last year and then finished with 47 points.

What exactly is the purpose of trading our 25 year old, #1C (whether by default or not), for a later pick in the draft? Should we except less just because you find that to be his value? If anybody wants Zibanejad, we're going to ask for a lot because our center depth for playing #1/#1B role, really lacks. Does that mean another team should offer that or value him the same way? No, that's not what I'm saying. I definitely think he'd produce more on the Avs but that's a different discussion.

And you didn't read the part where I said "I don't see them realistically offering anything else that would entice us." You saw top 10 and tried to puff out some smoke. Avs have the pieces, but that doesn't mean they're going to offer them up, and what we want back for Zibanejad is going to most likely be more than you think he's worth. We're a rebuilding team. He's still signed for a while. Getting rid of him only sets us further back unless we're drafting high or getting back valuable pieces.

Last edited:

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
This isn’t a fit. Hayes could be, but not Zibby.

He is worth more to the Rangers in their rebuild than his trade value would be. Avs aren’t going to trade 4 future pieces for him, that’s insanity. However, the Rangers have no reason to move him.

This just doesn’t work, not sure why Avs fans have been pushing Zibby for the past week. Think about the other team and their motive, if any, to make the trade.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
This thread wasn't created by a Ranger fan. We have no desire to trade Zib, our only right handed center who is still young and on a great contract. If you guys want him, you have to overpay. It's as simple as that.

That's fair, but if the avs are going to overpay it should be for a stud like Trocheck or Draisaitl, not Zibanejad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad