Confirmed Trade: [COL/NYI] Devon Toews for 2021 and 2022 2nd round picks

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkHorse2

Feb 27, 2002
For the 2nd leading defensive scorer in the regular season and playoffs for an Eastern conference finalist? I could easily see $3 mill a year for two years, which I believe takes j him to UFA.

So they got two years by going to over $4 million a year. More than the Isles could have swung, which makes the deal a good call.

Reactions: Beacon Isles

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I think it’s a good trade both ways. Isles got the best they could for a guy they couldn’t fit in, Avs paid a price that isn’t as cheap as it’s being talked about but get a solid player tied but for four years during his prime.

Reactions: Beacon Isles

Beacon Isles

Feb 20, 2015
Beacon, NY
Well said, and I think you nailed Toews pending compensation perfectly. I think $4M, give or take $500,000 winds up being the number. More than what the Isles would want to pay, knowing they have to pay their top pair - Pulock this year and Pelech next year - along with having Trotz' favorite Leddy already signed at $5.5M.

"Toews signed a four-year $16.4 million ($4.1 million AAV) deal."

No way the Isles had that cap space available, while needing to pay Barzal, Pulock, Pelech, Beauvillier, and Sorokin over the next 2 seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->